Author Topic: Pelosi endorses Clinton — just not officially  (Read 564 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi endorses Clinton — just not officially
« on: April 14, 2015, 11:10:08 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/238837-pelosi-endorses-clinton-just-not-officially

By Mike Lillis - 04/14/15 06:42 PM EDT

Just don't call it an endorsement.

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Tuesday heaped lavish praise on Hillary Clinton as among the most qualified presidential contenders in generations. But the House minority leader stopped short of officially endorsing the 2016 Democratic hopeful.

"I won't be using this occasion … to make any announcement about any endorsement for president," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "But I will say what I've always said: Hillary Clinton will be a great candidate for president.

"When she wins and goes into the Oval Office, she'll be one of the best prepared people [in my lifetime] to serve in that office," Pelosi added. "She has knowledge of judgment; she has a vision for our country; she knows how to get a job done; and she's just so appealing to so many in our country – there's great enthusiasm for her candidacy."

"That's not an endorsement?" asked a reporter in the crowd.

Pelosi, whose rise to the Speakership in 2007 made her the highest-ranking elected woman in the nation's history, has long been a vocal supporter of a White House run by Clinton, who officially announced her candidacy on Sunday after several years laying the groundwork.

In January, Pelosi predicted the former secretary of State would win the presidency if she runs, providing House Democrats a boost among woman and middle-class voters along the way.

House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) echoed that message Tuesday, calling Clinton a "very strong candidate" with "extraordinary experience" who will pull more Democrats to the polls.

"I think the House is in play. And I think a Hillary Clinton candidacy gives us a greater opportunity to take back the House," Hoyer said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Pelosi endorses Clinton — just not officially
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 04:07:55 pm »
Amazing...nobody in politics has endorsed her. I wonder how much of that 2.5bil hellery is going to spend will be payoffs to them? I still think valjar is playing with hil. going to let her run and spend that money then crush her hopes with Warren.