Author Topic: Obama to remove Cuba from state sponsor of terror list  (Read 844 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama to remove Cuba from state sponsor of terror list
« on: April 14, 2015, 07:44:09 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/14/obama-removes-cuba-from-state-sponsor-terror-list/

Obama to remove Cuba from state sponsor of terror list
Published April 14, 2015FoxNews.com

President Obama is removing Cuba from a list of countries that sponsor terrorism, the White House said Tuesday.

The president took the formal step of submitted to Congress the requisite report and certifications indicating the administration’s intent to rescind Cuba’s State Sponsor of Terrorism designation.

The president’s decision, a further step toward normalizing relations with the communist country, comes after his review of a State Department report on the matter.

A top Senate Democrat immediately hailed the move.

“The removal of Cuba from the State Sponsors of Terrorism list is a welcome move,” said Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin, the chamber’s No. 2 Democrat. “ While no fan of the Castro regime, I continue to believe that opening up the island to American ideas, vibrancy, and trade is the most effective way to see a more open and tolerant Cuba.”

The official decision comes long after the United States stopped actively accusing Cuba of supporting terrorism.

Cuba was one of four countries on the U.S. list of nations accused of repeatedly supporting global terrorism. The countries still on the list are Iran, Syria and Sudan.

Obama announced in December that the U.S. and Cuba were ending a half-century of hostilities, which would allow travel between the countries.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Obama to remove Cuba from state sponsor of terror list
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 07:52:43 pm »
Cuba, a communist dictatorship... gladly accepts your cash, you decadent capitalist pig!

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 08:03:41 pm »
, I continue to believe that opening up the island to American ideas
Yeah this regime is very much like the Castro regime. They both want the same thing. All those wonderful American forced government ruled ideas.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 08:11:37 pm »
I guess Castro will get Gitmo back soon as well as a payment from USA for causing all ill in Cuba.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 08:23:57 pm »
I guess Castro will get Gitmo back soon as well as a payment from USA for causing all ill in Cuba.
he could give Gitmo back with all the prisoners. Then when Cuba releases them he will say...I didn't do it Cuba did.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 08:35:45 pm »
I clicked on AOL and found it had put its own headline on the AP story: Obama tries to lift a stain that plagues Cuba

Are you kidding me?  :nono:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 09:21:05 pm »
I clicked on AOL and found it had put its own headline on the AP story: Obama tries to lift a stain that plagues Cuba

Are you kidding me?  :nono:
What a nightmare.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 11:07:02 pm »
Cruz can easily put them back on the list. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 02:02:25 am »
[[ Obama to remove Cuba from state sponsor of terror list ]]

One of the first things a Republican president should do in January of 2017 is pencil Cuba back ONTO "the list"...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 02:11:01 am »
Obama loves Cuba.
Obama loves Iran.
Obama loves the PLO and Hamas.
Obama tried to 'love' Putin, but Putin hates him.

on the other hand

Obama hates Christians.
Obama hates Israel.
Obama hates traditional America and her European allies.

All of this is fine and well, BUT, a guy like this has no business representing the country he hates as President. He is much better suited to be a crackpot third world dictator somewhere.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.