Author Topic: Thinking the unthinkable about Obama's Middle East Policy  (Read 959 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Thinking the unthinkable about Obama's Middle East Policy
« on: April 11, 2015, 02:02:23 pm »
April 11, 2015
Thinking the unthinkable about Obama's Middle East Policy
By Lee DeCovnick

I am not generally given to doomsday fantasies, but I'm starting to get unnerved by where I see President Obama’s Middle East diplomacy taking us. 

Now that Israel’s Prime Minster Bibi Netanyahu has been re-elected, with Obama’s knife is still firmly lodged in his back, we can reasonably expect the long anticipated Middle East regional wars to become a no-holds-barred slugfest.

Just to recap, we have the Saudis already bombing the hell out of the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen. The Egyptians are bombing ISIS jihadists in Libya who slaughtered Coptic Christians. There are credible reports of Iranian troops massing near the Israeli lines in the Golan Heights. Thousands of suicidal Hamas fanatics, modern day troglodytes, are once again digging tunnels in Gaza and being re-armed by Iran. And Iran’s bootlicking spawn Hezb’allah, among the foremost virulent Jew haters on the planet, eagerly waits for orders to launch an estimated 40,000 well-entrenched surface-to-surface missiles into the Israeli population centers. Plus, Hamas desires Abbas’s untimely demise, and ISIS is out-tweeting Iran for bragging rights as the radical Islamic state most likely to restore a 9th century theocracy.

The Saudis most likely have already acquired a half a dozen or so tactical nuclear weapon as payment in kind for bankrolling the Pakistani nuclear development program. And conversely, it is reasonable to assume that Iran has also acquired a handful of tactical nuclear weapons from North Korea.

The Saudis and Egyptians are praying five times a day for Israel to use its nuclear weapons to stop Iran. The Israelis would love that the Sunni world, led by the Saudis, would strike Iran first, and then the IAF could follow up with precision strikes on the centrifuges.  Be assured that just as the US continues its geopolitical insanity of capitulating to Iranian nuclear ambitions, so too Israel, Egypt, and the Kingdom likely have held extensive talks on joint military action to stop the Shia-centric expansion in the Middle East.

Oh yeah, did I mention that our twice-elected community organizer has successfully conspired and orchestrated this Middle East power vacuum? Just ask the Israelis, Egyptians, Jordanians, Libyans, Iraqis and Afghanis how Obama’s deceitful policies hooked and then gutted them like a rainbow trout.

With the worldwide collapse of America’s political and military support for the post Cold War order, we stopped being the planet’s cop and morphed into a starry-eyed sycophant for all those evil and abhorrent regimes. This power vacuum, magnified in the religious and ethic labyrinths of the Middle East and Muslim controlled Africa, has created inevitable and catastrophic consequences.

What consequences could those be?

Our species has a decent probability of unleashing a limited nuclear war within the next 12 months.  There would be mega deaths from the initial detonations, radiation poisoning, starvation, lack of drinking water, and inadequate medical assistance for the injured, children and elderly. A limited nuclear exchange ultimately could easily result in the horrific deaths of up to two billion souls, around a fouth of earth’s human population. Or more.

That huge figure is because even a limited nuclear war would cause the cessation of deliveries of Middle East oil to Asia, the EU, and North America, unleashing massive worldwide economic disruptions that would adversely affect food production, transportation and manufacturing for every person on the planet.

And this economic depression could continue for the next decade.

Either by incompetence or design, our community organizer has created a Middle East power vacuum with truly dire potential consequences

We will never be able to fully comprehend our President’s sociopathic narcissism, since his brain may have been damaged by inhaling so much Maui Gold as an adolescent. So predicting his motives and subsequent actions, should this doomsday result, is full of hazards. But, as his former chief of staff, the current mayor of Chicago, explained, a basic operating principle is to “never let a crisis go to waste.”

Such chaos could enable Obama to “temporarily suspend” the 2016 national elections, declare and implement an iron-fisted martial law, and transform himself into the America’s  First Oligarch.  There would be an obvious national emergency, a severe crisis to respond to, to use as the excuse to finally abolish our Constitutional Republic.

I have been wondering why Valerie Jarrett made all those secret visits to Tehran. Just to share her tahdig and fesenjan recipes with the wives of the Revolutionary Council?

I realize this may seem far-fetched. It does to me, too. And I hope to God that it is but an idle fantasy of a worrywart. But the seeds of a catastrophic nuclear war in the Middle East are being planted.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/04/thinking_the_unthinkable_about_obamas_middle_east_policy.html
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Thinking the unthinkable about Obama's Middle East Policy
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 02:11:15 pm »
It is unthinkable, but a very real possibility.  Who will stop this madness? 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 02:14:42 pm »
I doubt if the Saudis have that many nuclear weapons.  That being said, they are almost certain to have at least a few within the next few years.

Israel won't use its nuclear weapons except as a last-ditch effort to avoid annihilation.

That being said, once Iran has at least several useable weapons, there will almost certainly be a limited nuclear exchange in the Middle East.

Oil prices will, of course, become astronomical.  The resulting oil/energy shock will probably make the oil shocks of the 1970s look tame by comparison.

Come to think of it - if I can be permitted to put my tinfoil cap on for a moment - that might be part of Obuttock's underlying motivation; after all, with oil prices in the stratosphere, the era of petroleum-based energy will be over.

Not that Obuttocks really wants a nuclear war.  Rather, he earnestly believes that Iran will never actually use its nuclear weapons, but that they will certainly threaten/bluff to do so, and that threat alone will be enough to kill off petroleum.  Those of us who have even a tenuous contact with reality know otherwise.  Once Iran has nukes, it is only a question of when, not if, it uses them and when it does, it will use them against Israel first.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 02:27:25 pm »
It is unthinkable, but a very real possibility.  Who will stop this madness?

It's like we're all living in that Seinfeld episode...where George does the total opposite of what you'd expect, and seemingly succeeds.

He tells off his boss (George Steinbrenner) and gets a promotion instead of being fired.   He tells a girl he's living with his mother, and they get engaged.

We're living in Bizarro World.

...just now on FOXNEWS, they talked about government waste and they were incredulous that they spent/funded more than a million dollars for an "Un-American movie".

And yet, that makes perfect sense to me, given the environment.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 02:39:09 pm »
I doubt if the Saudis have that many nuclear weapons.  That being said, they are almost certain to have at least a few within the next few years.

Israel won't use its nuclear weapons except as a last-ditch effort to avoid annihilation.

And at what juncture will Israel reach that decision?  When Iran's rockets ignite on the launch pad?

Like it was pointed out in the article, Israel is facing threats from multiple fronts.  Add to that, surely Obama threatened Netanyahu that if Israel acted unilaterally and without advance notice to the United States, that they would deem Israel a threat to our National Security and deal with them accordingly.

As CIC...in a time of war, Barack Obama is Israel's and the United States' mortal enemy. 

That SOB will go to Hawaii with his popcorn until the dust settles.  He couldn't give a rat's a$$ about our welfare.

That being said, once Iran has at least several useable weapons, there will almost certainly be a limited nuclear exchange in the Middle East.

Oil prices will, of course, become astronomical.  The resulting oil/energy shock will probably make the oil shocks of the 1970s look tame by comparison.

Come to think of it - if I can be permitted to put my tinfoil cap on for a moment - that might be part of Obuttock's underlying motivation; after all, with oil prices in the stratosphere, the era of petroleum-based energy will be over.

Not that Obuttocks really wants a nuclear war.  Rather, he earnestly believes that Iran will never actually use its nuclear weapons, but that they will certainly threaten/bluff to do so, and that threat alone will be enough to kill off petroleum.  Those of us who have even a tenuous contact with reality know otherwise.  Once Iran has nukes, it is only a question of when, not if, it uses them and when it does, it will use them against Israel first.

I can see where you were going there.  I agree to to a point.

But you're falling into the same psychosis that seems to be going around.  Giving Barry the benefit of any doubt as to his intentions being noble or evil.

Remember this.....they stated willingly that they could stand to lose about 25 to 30 million people in executing their revolution.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 02:41:49 pm »
And at what juncture will Israel reach that decision?  When Iran's rockets ignite on the launch pad?

Like it was pointed out in the article, Israel is facing threats from multiple fronts.  Add to that, surely Obama threatened Netanyahu that if Israel acted unilaterally and without advance notice to the United States, that they would deem Israel a threat to our National Security and deal with them accordingly.

As CIC...in a time of war, Barack Obama is Israel's and the United States' mortal enemy. 

That SOB will go to Hawaii with his popcorn until the dust settles.  He couldn't give a rat's a$$ about our welfare.

I can see where you were going there.  I agree to to a point.

But you're falling into the same psychosis that seems to be going around.  Giving Barry the benefit of any doubt as to his intentions being noble or evil.

Remember this.....they stated willingly that they could stand to lose about 25 to 30 million people in executing their revolution.

How long will they wait?  Until the very last minute, when the rockets are being fueled and prepped for flight.  Any time earlier and Israel will be destroyed by the rest of the world.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 03:50:54 pm »
The weird thing about Obama is that he seems to be deliberately breeding chaos across the world while pulling the U.S. off the world stage via retraction or capitulation or seemingly incompetent bumbling, while handing power to dangerous countries with huge geopolitical ambitions.

Even more eerie, it seems like he's deliberately trying to set up the Book of Revelation to come to pass as foretold. It's almost like he wants the whole world to go up in flames then come crashing down. It's maniacal yet bizarre and unhinged all at the same time.
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 03:58:24 pm »
The weird thing about Obama is that he seems to be deliberately breeding chaos across the world while pulling the U.S. off the world stage via retraction or capitulation or seemingly incompetent bumbling, while handing power to dangerous countries with huge geopolitical ambitions.

Even more eerie, it seems like he's deliberately trying to set up the Book of Revelation to come to pass as foretold. It's almost like he wants the whole world to go up in flames then come crashing down. It's maniacal yet bizarre and unhinged all at the same time.

Exactly, FV.

And the mainstream media are co-conspirators.  If they would honestly treat Obama and Democrats like they treat Republicans, our country wouldn't be in this predicament.