Author Topic: Severe Storms, Tornadoes Set to Blast Michigan to Texas Thursday  (Read 993 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/michigan-to-texas-severe-storms-tornadoes-thursday/45291640

By Alex Sosnowski, AccuWeather.com Senior Meteorologist
April 9, 2015; 10:53 AM ET

|

The risk of severe thunderstorms, including a few tornadoes, will continue over the Central states and will begin to shift eastward and expand northward on Thursday and Thursday night.

Following violent storms from Wednesday, thunderstorms on Thursday will stretch from northeastern Texas to southern Wisconsin, lower Michigan and southwestern Ontario. The storms have the potential to be severe within this swath, home to approximately 60 million people.

According to AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Henry Margusity, "The risk of tornadoes will affect parts of Illinois, Indiana and Missouri, which represent a fairly heavy population density."

"The risk on Thursday includes the metro areas of Chicago and St. Louis," Margusity said.

The storms can bring damaging wind gusts, large hail, frequent lightning and blinding downpours in some communities. A small number of the storms can produce a tornado.

Other cities that have the potential to be hit by damaging, dangerous and disruptive storms on Thursday include Milwaukee; Indianapolis; Cincinnati; Louisville, Kentucky; Memphis, Tennessee; Little Rock, Arkansas; Shreveport, Louisiana; Tulsa, Oklahoma; and Dallas.

Locally severe storms may reach as far to the northeast as Detroit, Cleveland and London, Ontario, on Thursday evening.

In addition to the dangerous aspect of the storms, travel disruptions ranging from blinding rain and flooded roadways to flight delays and cancellations are likely. Chicago's O'Hare Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world. People should allow extra time to get to their destinations and never attempt to drive through flooded roadways.

"The severe weather outbreak [spanning multiple days this week] will include hundreds of incidents of damage from wind and hail, as well as perhaps a number of dangerous tornadoes," Margusity said.

Heavy, gusty and locally severe thunderstorms are likely to continue to push eastward and southward on Friday. Storms will venture east of the Appalachians and approach the Atlantic coast. The risk will extend southward to the central and western Gulf coast. Some storms will produce damaging winds and hail.

AccuWeather will continue to provide updates on the unfolding severe storm and tornado threat through the week.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Severe Storms, Tornadoes Set to Blast Michigan to Texas Thursday
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 04:03:09 pm »
Yep...I just love Spring...it's been storming here in central Il since last night...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 05:53:19 pm »
You stole my "thunder," so to speak.  SW lower Michigan has been having liquid sunshine all day, and in easily measureable amounts.  I'm certain it is because of global goring. :silly:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 07:00:59 pm »
Our entire backyard is a lake.

There are gonna be a LOT of May flowers this year, methinks!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 07:16:09 pm »
Now under a tornado watch until 11pm.....
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 07:24:52 pm »
I think I just spotted the tree in our back woods that got struck by lightning early this morning.

It was LOUD, so I'm not surprised it was as close as this tree is to the house.

Looks like the worst of things are done with around here. Now all we have to worry about is flooding....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 11:17:44 pm »
We just had a hail-storm - marble sized hail. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 01:05:54 am »
tornadoes all around me now.....so far none have touched down
Support the USO

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 01:47:05 am »
tornadoes all around me now.....so far none have touched down

Stay sheltered, thoughts and prayers with you Nancy!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 01:57:26 am »
Stay sheltered, thoughts and prayers with you Nancy!

I think we are in the all clear now except for wind and rain..moving east into Indiana....
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 02:17:28 am »
We had violent thunder storms this evening.  Lots of trees down, lots of rain.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 03:53:38 pm »
The hailstorm and heavy wind we got yesterday really did some damage - today our city park is closed due to the number of large trees downed and some vehicles were hit by trees.  The hail did damage to some homes that I have never seen before.

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/Storm-Damages-Ashland-Central-Park-Homes-299287151.html

Click for video:

http://gray.vod.anv.bz/vod_wsaz/445/15/04/09/3112800/3112800_F058691146314CC3AE71891887BCC8B1_150409_3112800_Storm_Damages_Ashland_Central_Park__Homes_600.mp4

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 04:36:22 pm »
I had to drive through this last night. My flight from DFW was canceled so I rented a car to get home and hit some pretty bad hail East of Dallas. In our town, at least one tornado went through and they are still trying to determine if more hit. This is close to our neighborhood.

Offline evadR

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 04:43:10 pm »
Blast Michigan to Texas

WOW!  That's one heluva explosion!
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.