Author Topic: Brian Williams’ Explanation to NBC News Honchos: ‘Maybe I Had a Brain Tumor’  (Read 442 times)

Offline Relic

In the face of much incoming fire, Brian Williams couldn't muster up the admission to his bosses that he lied about being shot down by RPG fire in an Iraqi helicopter, Vanity Fair reported.

"He couldn't explain what had happened. [He said,] 'Did something happen to [my] head? Maybe I had a brain tumor, or something in my head?" the magazine reports Williams said right before he made what critics called a half-hearted apology on air.

Williams had aparently also gone rogue on NBC News' PR department, who thought he would be talking to Stars and Stripes--the military outlet that broke the Iraqi helicopter story--off the record to see what they'd be writing: instead, he went on the record to admit he had been stretching the truth for years.

Beyond the nightmare Williams scenario, the story goes into the downfall of NBC News since Comcast took over:

"When Comcast took over, they had the No. 1 morning show, the No. 1 Sunday show, and the No. 1 evening broadcast," a former top NBC executive. "That's all completely fallen apart. I don't know how you blame anyone but Comcast and the people it brought in. It's been a nightmare."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/brian-williams%e2%80%99-explanation-to-nbc-news-honchos-%e2%80%98maybe-i-had-a-brain-tumor%e2%80%99/ar-AAaxEOy

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Before Comcast, NBC was owned by General Electric, and it was the same.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln