Author Topic: LGBT Activists With ‘Gay Vision’ Peddle Paintings of Homosexual False Christ  (Read 1056 times)

rangerrebew

LGBT Activists With ‘Gay Vision’ Peddle Paintings of Homosexual False Christ

image: http://barbwire.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/JenniferLeClaire.jpg
Jennifer LeClaire
 on 5 April, 2015 at 06:25

Jesus came on the liberal Christian scene this week as a modern gay man with “The Passion of Christ: A Gay Vision,” a series of images that are also collected in a book that paints a false gospel.

Kittredge Cherry, who describes herself as a “lesbian Christian author and art historian” authored the book. She’s upset because “conservative Christians” have “attacked” these paintings, along with the book she wrote about them, as “blasphemy.”

“But we refuse to concede Jesus to those who act like they own the copyright on Christ, then use him as a weapon to dominate others,” she writes in a Huffington Post article. Right-wing Christians denounced us as ‘blasphemers’ and condemned our book as an ‘abomination,’ ‘disgusting’ and ‘an outrage to mock Christ in this manner’ … LGBT Christian visions are important now because conservatives are using religion to justify discrimination against queer people.”

Presenting a False Christ
image: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOqrKoLFRZQzdmmiZIde7YW1S_qpgJmm3oKEkpLIwOypUSIb9L
Image result for “The Passion of Christ: A Gay Vision”

The deeper I got into this article, the more I wondered if this was an April Fool’s joke. Then I noticed the publishing date. The article was written a couple of days ago and there’s nothing funny about it.

Of course, there’s also nothing funny about LGBT people who are harassed, persecuted or maligned. Like Cherry, it grieves me to think of victims of anti-LGBT hate crimes, the many LGBTs who have committed suicide, died with AIDS or have been executed in Islamic countries. This has to stop.

Like Cherry, I believe deeply that God loves all people and longs to fellowship with all of mankind. I also believe that remaking Jesus into what she calls a “queer Christ,” as do these paintings, is indeed sacrilegious and offensive. This new “gay vision” of Jesus is not presenting a true Christ, but a perversion of His truth and therefore a false Christ. Listen to Cherry’s false gospel:

“The queer Christ is intended to broaden, not limit, how Christ is perceived. Every image of Jesus is insufficient,” she writes. “It is valuable to have images of the ‘queer Christ’ along with all the others to show that Christ is with all human beings in our full diversity.”

image: http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-private-5/22-jesus-returns-to-god--from-the-passion-of-christ--a-gay-vision-douglas-blanchard.jpg
A False Gospel

This is simply not true. This “gay Jesus” she is promoting may indeed welcome and understand LGBTs in the church but the real Jesus will not let them continue willfully practicing—and even glamorizing—homosexuality. Indeed, He wants to deliver sinners and cleanse us from all unrighteousness with His blood. But we have to be willing to lay aside the sin (see Heb. 12:1).

And let’s be clear: Churches are not rejecting homosexuals. Churches are rejecting the sin of homosexuality. There is a big difference there. If you are wondering why conservative Christians are up in arms, listen to Cherry’s next statement:

“Nobody knows for sure what the historical Jesus looked like or whether he was attracted to other men. Some progressive Bible scholars do argue that Jesus had a same-sex lover, but that is not the point of his life. What the gospels emphasize about Jesus is the wildly inclusive way that he loved.”

Jesus’ love is not at question here. Jesus’ gospel is. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life” (John 3:16). We’ve all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (See Rom.3:23). Jesus calls us to repent and believe the gospel (see Mark 1:15).

Repentance demands a change of heart about sin—to recognize how it separates us from God. We can’t defend or justify our sins and repent and find forgiveness of our sins at the same time. We can’t be intimate with sin and be intimate with Jesus at the same time.

Here’s the bottom line: It doesn’t matter how intelligent, compelling or compassionate the argument is. Depicting false images of Christ and preaching a false gospel may make people feel good, but it won’t set them free. I’m glad Cherry and other LGBT people believe in Jesus. But believing in Jesus is not enough.

“Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, ‘If you remain in My word, then you are truly My disciples. You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free” (John 8:31).

Read more at http://barbwire.com/2015/04/05/0625-lgbt-activists-with-gay-vision-peddle-paintings-of-homosexual-false-christ/

Offline kevindavis007

I dare them to paint a Gay Mohammed...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I’m glad Cherry and other LGBT people believe in Jesus. But believing in Jesus is not enough.
“Even the demons in Hell believe—and shudder.” —Epistle of James

Repentance demands a change of heart about sin—to recognize how it separates us from God. We can’t defend or justify our sins and repent and find forgiveness of our sins at the same time. We can’t be intimate with sin and be intimate with Jesus at the same time.
Indeed. There is a former close friend of mine who I'm pretty sure is a closet lesbian. I tried dating her a while back and, despite us getting along very well to that point, she resisted and pretty much stopped talking to me. I just wish I could get this message through to her.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

Good article.

Jesus accepted and loved sinners, but told them (us) to "go and sin no more."

Having a male lover would have made Jesus a sinner, or even lusting after men (or women, for that matter).

If He were a sinner, His death on the Cross would have been as meaningless for our lives as the criminals on either side of Him.

But He WASN'T a sinner, and that is why His death paid the penalty for OUR sin.

Not accepting homosexual sin is no different than not accepting other forms of sin.  I know that many can't accept the concept, but it's true.  It IS possible to love the sinner and hate the sin.  If we didn't do that, we wouldn't love anyone..... including ourselves.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Having a male lover would have made Jesus a sinner, or even lusting after men (or women, for that matter).

Not accepting homosexual sin is no different than not accepting other forms of sin.  I know that many can't accept the concept, but it's true.
Exactly. There seems to be this concept that's been floating around, one that has been becoming hugely (and appallingly) popular even among Christian circles, that suggests loving means you have to condone sin, as if even speaking against a blatant sin is tantamount to hating the person ensnared in it. Today's society does not recognize it as a sin, which perhaps is the greater sin of all, refusing to even consider repentance.

Alcoholics and drug addicts admit they are committing sin. The homosexual lobby denies it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:10:01 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Good article.

If He were a sinner, His death on the Cross would have been as meaningless for our lives as the criminals on either side of Him.

But He WASN'T a sinner, and that is why His death paid the penalty for OUR sin.

Not accepting homosexual sin is no different than not accepting other forms of sin.  I know that many can't accept the concept, but it's true.  It IS possible to love the sinner and hate the sin.  If we didn't do that, we wouldn't love anyone..... including ourselves.

:amen:

If you can't love a sinner, then no one would be able to love me.  What progressives are doing is to turn everything upside-down - to make sin a good thing.  The consequence of this will ultimately be total destruction.  This is what evil does, evil is the great pretender.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

:amen:

If you can't love a sinner, then no one would be able to love me.  What progressives are doing is to turn everything upside-down - to make sin a good thing.  The consequence of this will ultimately be total destruction.  This is what evil does, evil is the great pretender.

I'll return that  :amen:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.