Author Topic: Joe Scarborough: I May Run for Senate in 2018  (Read 527 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Scarborough: I May Run for Senate in 2018
« on: April 05, 2015, 02:15:23 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=636401

Newsmax
Joe Scarborough: I May Run for Senate in 2018
Friday, April 3, 2015 06:49 PM

By: Cathy Burke

MSNBC "Morning Joe" host Joe Scarborough, a Republican and former Florida congressman, says he may be up for another run for office.

"I want to get back into service, public service, and hopefully I can do it while a Republican's at the White House," Scarborough told radio host Hugh Hewitt.

But Scarborough won't be getting into the mix in 2016, when the Senate seat currently held by Republican Marco Rubio could be vacated should he decide to run for president.

"I don't think in '16, but who knows?" Scarborough said. "In '18, [Florida Democratic Sen.] Bill Nelson's up, and I don't think Bill Nelson will be sticking around, so, you know, one of these years, I think, one of these years if I did something, I'd probably look to run in Florida."

"Things always change, but now I think I'm pretty much content to keep my head down and do my work through the 2016 election, and then we'll see what happens after that," he added.

Scarborough maintains a residence in Florida, where he says a son and his mother still live.

When chided by Hewitt that Scarborough's consideration "made a little news … Joe Scarborough running for Nelson's seat in 2018. That's our lead today," the former lawmaker replied: "I just said it was a possibility."

Scarborough served three full terms in Congress before resigning in 2001 to spend more time with his family, yet Public Policy Polling has included him in polls for Florida Senate races, The Hill reports.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Joe Scarborough: I May Run for Senate in 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 03:14:58 pm »
Good grief! I think the years over at MSNBC probably witheredaway what gray matter was left in that pointy little head of his.

Offline Longiron

Re: Joe Scarborough: I May Run for Senate in 2018
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 05:07:33 pm »
Maybe we will find Out what happened to the Intern when Rino Joe was a congressman? :dx1: