Author Topic: Race Alarmist Says Indiana’s Religious Freedom Law Discriminates Against Blacks  (Read 622 times)

rangerrebew

Race Alarmist Says Indiana’s Religious Freedom Law Discriminates Against Blacks

Brian Anderson 
April 4, 2015

With the LGBT community stealing all of the outrage over Indiana’s innocuous Religious Freedom Restoration Act, the blacks feel left out. No one is paying attention to the racism of issuing traffic tickets anymore. Thankfully a black writer for The Indianapolis Recorder has stepped up and reclaimed black people’s fair share of the grievance industry by saying that the new religious freedom law will be used to discriminate against blacks.

To be clear, Indiana’s law doesn’t legalize discrimination and neither do similar state and national laws. These laws have been in existence for quite some time and there isn’t one instance where they have been used to deny anyone their basic human and/or civil rights. Despite the facts, the LGBT community raised a sh*tstorm saying it is now legal to discriminate against gays in the state. If that isn’t ridiculous enough, blacks want in on this scam.

Shannon Williams tells us:

…I couldn’t help but think of the struggle of African-Americans and how this law could drastically impact Blacks and other minorities.

Of course she couldn’t help but to think of it. That’s how the race hustling mid works. How can I take something that isn’t racist and frame it as outrageously racist as possible? That’s Al Sharpton 101.

First we have the out of context history lesson:

While the focus has been on the LGBT community, Blacks should be just as concerned. Not too long ago segregation thrived in Indiana and Blacks faced overt discrimination. Many business owners who proudly displayed “Whites only” signs in their establishment were adamant in their racist beliefs that God created Blacks to be inferior to whites.

Then the set up:

Based on their religious beliefs, they felt Blacks were less-than and should be treated as such— including the discriminatory refusal of service.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/race-alarmist-says-indianas-religious-freedom-law-discriminates-against-blacks
And finally the false equivalent connection:

As it stands, Indiana’s RFRA allows businesses to deny service to people if that business owner justifies his or her actions on the basis of religious belief. In other words, if a shop owner says “I refuse to serve you because my religion says being gay or Black is wrong,” that business owner’s discriminatory practice would be upheld based on the broad scope of the law.

See what she did there? She made it seem like the RFRA act gives white people license to discriminate against blacks. The US Constitution, federal law, and Indiana State law all bar racial discrimination in any form. There is nothing in the RFRA that states or even implies that racial discrimination will be tolerated. Yet, this writer says this law designed to protect people’s religious freedoms will actually used to deny blacks their rights. What a complete load of crap.

Facts be damned, Williams is trying to whip up a racial frenzy:

Black citizens should be just as outraged and concerned about the RFRA as the LGBT community. We should be boldly protesting alongside gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people of all races because our civil liberties are just as much at stake.

Nobody’s civil liberties are at stake by the passage of a law that protects everyone’s civil liberties. Then again, we’re getting this nonsense from the same people (liberals) that think the right to bear arms means no one should be allowed to own a gun.

I can’t wait to see what apocalyptic prediction the lefties will make next concerning the RFRA. Does it mandate genocide? Will it authorize stomping puppies to death? Is it the real cause of global warming? I’m sure The Huffington Post and Salon are hard at work on these stories.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:59:07 am by rangerrebew »