Author Topic: Indiana pizzeria owners go underground as donations near $1 million  (Read 823 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/237865-indiana-pizzeria-owners-hide-as-funds-pour-in

April 03, 2015, 03:19 pm
Indiana pizzeria owners go underground as donations near $1 million

By Mark Hensch

The owners of a pizza shop at the center of the debate over Indiana's religious freedom law have gone into hiding.

The Associated Press reported Crystal O’Connor and her family have taken refuge in an undisclosed location after saying earlier this week that Memories Pizza would not cater gay weddings.

A Gofundme account launched for the Walkerton, Ind., restaurant has brought in more than $750,000. The flood of support comes as the O’Connors vow to reopen Memories despite backlash over their business practices.

At issue is Indiana’s new Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Gov. Mike Pence (R) on Thursday signed a fix he feels corrects the perception that it lets businesses discriminate based on sexual orientation and gender identity.

The law's latest version now prohibits business discrimination against protected groups like the gay community. It also forbids using the law as a legal defense in situations where such discrimination may have occurred.

Pence first authorized the divisive law’s existence March 26. It immediately sparked protests in the Hoosier State and a critical backlash nationwide.

The uproar forced Pence to backpedal from his earlier support of the law. The 2016 GOP presidential candidate previously stated he would “stand” with its details last Sunday.

The law’s genesis additionally produced a #BoycottIndiana hashtag on Twitter. Tech companies, celebrities and even other state governments all ripped Indiana over its rulebook.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Indiana pizzeria owners go underground as donations near $1 million
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 01:03:00 am »
Really, quite extraordinary.  I'd bet most of those donations are $20 or less.  Wonder if they'll ever see any of it. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:04:50 am by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 01:11:33 am »
Even as we speak, NO HOMOS signs are going up in every small pizzeria in Indiana, and atheist pizzeria owners are finding Jesus.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:12:34 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 02:52:17 am »
Do you think the gay mafia bullies have learned their lesson and won't target innocent Christian business owners again???

Nahh..........

They can't help themselves.  They HATE Christians.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 02:53:49 am »
Really, quite extraordinary.  I'd bet most of those donations are $20 or less.  Wonder if they'll ever see any of it.

We're considering making a small donation just to add to the extraordinary statement decent American people are making.

I guess religious liberty means something to some Americans, eh??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.