Author Topic: Report: US arrests two women over alleged bomb plot, ISIS ties  (Read 820 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Report-US-arrests-two-women-over-alleged-bomb-plot-ISIS-ties-396008

WASHINGTON - US authorities have arrested two women over an alleged bomb plot targeting the New York City area, ABC News reported on Thursday.

The two women were allegedly "being radicalized" by the Islamic State militant group, ABC said.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Report: US arrests two women over alleged bomb plot, ISIS ties
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 04:51:57 pm »
Don't worry everyone, it will be declared this was unrelated to terrorism.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 05:12:38 pm »
2 women arrested in al-Qaida -inspired New York City terror plot

http://7online.com/news/2-women-arrested-in-isis-inspired-new-york-city-terror-plot/610599/

NEW YORK (WABC) --
Federal authorities have arrested two women who were allegedly planning to detonate a bomb in the New York City area after being radicalized by Islamic extremists, according to ABC News.

Authorities say the public was never in danger, as it was all part of a lengthy undercover FBI operation. The women were allegedly looking to build an improvised explosive device, but it's unclear how far along their plan had reached.

The women -- 27-year-old Noelle Velentzas and 31-year-old Asia Siddiqui, roommates in Jamaica, Queens -- were arrested earlier Thursday in New York, and authorities are convinced ISIS propaganda and their alleged online activities contributed to their ultimate shift toward violence.

Sources say Siddiqui "is currently in possession of multiple propane gas tanks, as well as instructions for how to transform propane tanks into explosive devices."

Such arrests tied to extremists have become a weekly occurrence recently.

Last week, the arrested two cousins in Chicago -- one of them a current member of the Illinois National Guard -- for allegedly trying to launch attacks in the U.S. and overseas on behalf of ISIS. They were also nabbed in an FBI undercover operation, and both men had been under FBI surveillance for months, federal authorities said.

The week before, a former U.S. Air Force veteran was indicted by federal authorities for allegedly trying to join ISIS. Tairod Nathan Webster Pugh, 47, who is from New Jersey, had been living overseas for years, was secretly arrested two months ago after being deported back to the United States.

On his laptop, FBI agents allegedly discovered more than 180 jihadist propaganda videos an

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 05:19:16 pm »
Local NYC station reported it as two Queens women.

I've mentioned this before. My office is in the heart of a large influential Jewish community in Forest Hills and police presence is always intense during Passover--uniforms, road blocks near synagogues, cruisers,  plain clothes. You can picture it.

Imagine having to face that just to go to your house of worship and pray.

Score another one for NYC's counterterrorism force. They may have prevented a catastrophic attack planned for this Holy Week.  :patriot:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 04:38:13 am »
Sooner or later, one of these planned attacks is bound to slip through the cracks - it's going to happen.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 05:21:56 am »
Sooner or later, one of these planned attacks is bound to slip through the cracks - it's going to happen.

You're right, and unfortunately there is nothing we can do to stop that.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 05:35:21 am »
You're right, and unfortunately there is nothing we can do to stop that.

Everytime we lose one more of our freedoms - in the interest of protecting us from an attack - we LOSE and they WIN! 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Carling

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 05:52:30 am »
Sometimes I wonder if some of these planned FBI sting operations aren't some sort of false flag to sucker LIVs into thinking the USA under Obama wants to foil bomb plots.  It's always some sort of youngster, and outside of the Boston murderers, they never seem to be trained.

Something doesn't add up for me about this patter of naive Americans trying to fight for ISIS.  Soldiers are often sacrificed in order to win the war.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------