Author Topic: UPDATE: Man Who Berated Chick-fil-A Employee Now On Food Stamps  (Read 393 times)

rangerrebew

UPDATE: Man Who Berated Chick-fil-A Employee Now On Food Stamps

03.27.2015 | Matt Schuck | 7

Remember when the left was in a hissy fit after it was reported that the CEO of Chick-fil-A supports traditional marriage?

Well, then you probably remember Adam Mark Smith. He’s the former Vante CFO who filmed himself going through the drive-thru at a Chick-fil-A and berating a helpless employee about the views of her boss, thinking that he was taking a stand against the discrimination of gays.

In the video below, Smith filmed himself bullying Chick-fil-A employee Rachel Elizabeth.

Smith: “You know why I’m getting my free water, right?”

Elizabeth: “No.”

Smith: “Because Chick-Fil-A is a hateful corporation.”

Elizabeth: “I disagree. We don’t treat any of our customers differently.”

Smith: “I know, but the corporation gives money to hate groups. Hate groups. Just because people want to kiss another guy.”

Elizabeth: “I’m staying neutral on this subject…my personal beliefs don’t belong in the workplace.”

Smith: “Yeah I believe that too, I don’t believe corporations should be giving money to hateful groups…I’ll take my water.”

Even as this jerk was belittling her, Elizabeth remained calm and respectful.

Elizabeth: “I’m really uncomfortable that you’re videotaping this..It’s my pleasure to serve you, always.”

Smith: “Oh, of course, I’m glad that I can take a little bit of money from Chick-Fil-A, and maybe less money to hate groups.”

Elizabeth: “Well, we’re always happy to serve all our guests.”

Needless to say, the video went viral, but not in the manner that Smith was hoping for. I imagine that he thought he would be hailed as a king, but ended up getting fired from his job as a CFO for Vante, where he made over $200,000 a year with stock options worth $1 million.

He issued an apology:

After Smith lost his job, he and his family were forced to move into an RV, but a few months later, he was offered a job as a CFO in Portland, only to be fired two weeks later once they found out it was him in the video.

Smith and his family are still paying for the sins of this mistake years ago , and are currently on food stamps. This experience inspired him to write his own memoir titled A Million Dollar Cup of Water: Discovering the Wealth in Authenticity.

As for Elizabeth? She has since accepted his apology.

Read more at http://dailysurge.com/2015/03/update-man-who-berated-chick-fil-a-employee-now-on-food-stamps/