Author Topic: Democrats In Free Fall  (Read 1012 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Democrats In Free Fall
« on: March 26, 2015, 10:59:23 am »
Democrats in Free Fall

The Democrats have yet to realize they are in free fall, dragged down by the anchor that is the unsuccessful reign of Barack Obama. Despite evidence to the contrary from all across the country, where the president’s party and its allies continue to suffer unexpected electoral defeats and are frequently on the losing end of battles to reverse policies in place since Lyndon B. Johnson’s Great Society and even Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal, Democrats and progressives in the nation’s capital are digging in their heels.

The latest example comes from Pennsylvania where on Tuesday 26-year-old Republican financial advisor Martina White posted an upset victory in a special election for a seat in the state House of Representatives. GOP voters in that district are outnumbered by Democrats 2-to-1, and Obama carried it in 2012 with 57 percent of the vote...

...Now it is always a mistake to draw too many big conclusions from the outcome of a single special election, especially one for a seat in a state legislature. But Pennsylvania’s 170th House District is Democrat country, Obama country, Clinton country – and no Republican should ever be expected to win there. That one did is reason enough for people to sit up and take notice that the internal divisions among progressive Democrats – who back the current president – and more traditional party hacks – who tend to back folks like the last president who was a Democrat and his wife (who wants very badly to be the next Democrat in the White House) are not figments of the GOP imagination. They are real and they matter...

..It would be a curious accident of history if those now in charge of the Democratic Party fail to ignore another warning from voters in the Keystone State that may have serious implications for campaign 2016 and its ultimate outcome.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/peter-roff/2015/03/25/pennsylvania-special-election-loss-could-be-bad-sign-for-democrats-in-2016

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Democrats In Free Fall
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 11:58:46 am »
Thank you for posting this.  The commentary and article headline is the best outcome we can hope for from this despotic regime, that is: the bottom-up introduction of more right-of-center politicians into the process.  This change in Pennsylvania's 170th is quite stunning given the political demographic.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 07:37:21 pm »
Great news!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 09:15:35 pm »
Incredible isn't it?  The Democrats are finding their bench with creaky old codgers, most with an abundance of baggage. 

I just wish I could be a bit more optimistic.  Never underestimate the electorate to do monumentally stupid things.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 09:20:25 pm »
Incredible isn't it?  The Democrats are finding their bench with creaky old codgers, most with an abundance of baggage. 

I just wish I could be a bit more optimistic.  Never underestimate the electorate to do monumentally stupid things.

Don't underestimate the ability of the "GOP establishment" to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: