Author Topic: Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France  (Read 6035 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/world/europe/germanwings-airbus-crash.html?_r=0

Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France

By NICOLA CLARK and DAN BILEFSKYMARCH 25, 2015

PARIS — As officials struggled Wednesday to explain why a jet with 150 people on board crashed in relatively clear skies, an investigator said evidence from a cockpit voice recorder indicated one pilot left the cockpit before the plane’s descent and was unable to get back in.

A senior military official involved in the investigation described “very smooth, very cool” conversation between the pilots during the early part of the flight from Barcelona to Düsseldorf. Then the audio indicated that one of the pilots left the cockpit and could not re-enter.

“The guy outside is knocking lightly on the door and there is no answer,” the investigator said. “And then he hits the door stronger and no answer. There is never an answer.”

He said, “You can hear he is trying to smash the door down.”

While the audio seemed to give some insight into the circumstances leading up to the Germanwings crash, it also left many questions unanswered.

"We don’t know yet the reason why one of the guys went out,” said the official, who requested anonymity because the investigation is continuing. "But what is sure is that at the very end of the flight, the other pilot is alone and does not open the door."

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 12:28:34 am »
We'll wait and see but that does not sound good at all!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 12:30:01 am »

Religion of the pilot locked-in?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 12:41:25 am »

Religion of the pilot locked-in?

More likely procedural failure. I believe that protocol mandates a locked flight deck, even if one member of the flight crew requests to go aft. What if the remaining pilot lost consciousness, leaving the co-pilot with no means of re-entry, even in an emergency? Horrible result, irrespective of the reason.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 12:50:54 am »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 01:41:07 am »
More likely procedural failure. I believe that protocol mandates a locked flight deck, even if one member of the flight crew requests to go aft. What if the remaining pilot lost consciousness, leaving the co-pilot with no means of re-entry, even in an emergency? Horrible result, irrespective of the reason.

What if both left the cockpit for some reason, breaking procedure and the door closed behind them?
However, I did hear from a flight attendant that there is a way on all planes for them to open the door that is very secret.

Still, I don't want to be 'that guy' but I'm waiting to hear the co-pilot's name. Not that it actually means anything but still..

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 01:43:49 am »
Former NTSB expert just on Megan's show saying it is most likely mass murder/suicide by pilot....every points to it
Support the USO

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 01:46:10 am »
Former NTSB expert just on Megan's show saying it is most likely mass murder/suicide by pilot....every points to it

Check the religion of the locked-in pilot...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 01:51:02 am »

Todd Starnes
1 hr ·
The New York Times reports one of the pilots on that doomed German jetliner -- was locked out of the cockpit. The cockpit voice recorder picked up sounds of pilot banging on the door. Meanwhile, the airline has yet to release the identities of the pilots.
Well, now...
Support the USO

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 01:52:36 am »
Todd Starnes
1 hr ·
The New York Times reports one of the pilots on that doomed German jetliner -- was locked out of the cockpit. The cockpit voice recorder picked up sounds of pilot banging on the door. Meanwhile, the airline has yet to release the identities of the pilots.
Well, now...

Yeah, there's a reason they don't want to reveal the identities of the pilots.

Allah is pleased with the sacrifice that was offered to him...   /s

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 12:02:56 pm »
Hmm, I believe I speculated on that very thing on the original thread
Just appeared on Yahoo News:
Breaking News: Co-pilot of Germanwings flight began descent ‘intentionally'
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 12:07:35 pm »
 :pondering:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline ABX

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 12:23:23 pm »
BBC News Conference going on now. All signs say it was deliberate. Co-Pilot's name was Andreas Lubitz, not on a terrorist watch list of any sort, religion unknown.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/26/europe/france-germanwings-plane-crash-main/index.html

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 12:31:25 pm »
What if both left the cockpit for some reason, breaking procedure and the door closed behind them?
However, I did hear from a flight attendant that there is a way on all planes for them to open the door that is very secret.

Still, I don't want to be 'that guy' but I'm waiting to hear the co-pilot's name. Not that it actually means anything but still..

Members of the flight crew can open the door to the flight deck from the outside by means of a keypad code. However, this ability can be overriden manually by a crew member on the inside.

It is truly beginning to sound like a deliberate act.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline ABX

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 12:44:44 pm »
The only one on FB with this name who has recent posts on his timeline. Last post was around 6:30 AM his time the day of the crash. I'm not saying that is him, but if someone can translate German better than I, it may be worth browsing his posts.
https://www.facebook.com/andreas.lubitz.9

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 12:53:11 pm »

First picture: Germanwings co-pilot - 28-year-old German Andreas Günter Lubitz (above) - locked his captain out of the cockpit before deliberately crashing into a mountain to 'destroy the plane', it has been revealed

Access to the cockpit door on the Germanwings Airbus A320 (like the one above) can be disabled from inside the flight deck, raising speculation that one of the pilots deliberately locked the other out

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3012053/Andreas-Lubitz-Germanwings-flight-9525-French-alps-crash-French-alps-Germanwings-plane-crash-Airbus-A320-Barcelonnette.html#ixzz3VUnmDAyZ

Support the USO

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 01:08:07 pm »
BBC News Conference going on now. All signs say it was deliberate. Co-Pilot's name was Andreas Lubitz, not on a terrorist watch list of any sort, religion unknown.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/26/europe/france-germanwings-plane-crash-main/index.html

Convert???
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 01:13:20 pm »
The only one on FB with this name who has recent posts on his timeline. Last post was around 6:30 AM his time the day of the crash. I'm not saying that is him, but if someone can translate German better than I, it may be worth browsing his posts.
https://www.facebook.com/andreas.lubitz.9

Google translate does pretty well.  I use it to communicate with some relatives in Germany. 

They were amazed at how good my 'german' was...    :silly:

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 01:14:21 pm by GourmetDan »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 01:15:44 pm »

Hopefully the Germans aren't stupid enough to let someone on a terrorist watch list co-pilot a plane.

The U.S., however...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 01:47:16 pm »
There's no damned reason whatsoever for either pilot OR co-pilot to leave the cockpit.

Treat them like astronauts.  Gotta piss?  Wear the proper flight-suit.

Once that plane moves, they are confined to the cabin.  Period.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 01:50:09 pm »

Convert???
Could be, or maybe just your garden variety psycho.

Wasn't it a bit early in the flight for the pilot to leave the cockpit? I wonder why.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 02:00:27 pm »

Wasn't it a bit early in the flight for the pilot to leave the cockpit? I wonder why.

Maybe there was a contrived disturbance out in the passenger area?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline ABX

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 02:09:38 pm »

That's true. He could have been nuts or depressed (did he lose a child or spouse). He could have been acting on another influence (political motivation other than religious?) He could have been under duress in some way (crash the plane or we kill your kid).

Offline ABX

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 02:10:15 pm »
Maybe there was a contrived disturbance out in the passenger area?

Does that model Airbus have a bathroom for the pilots?

Offline ABX

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2015, 02:11:28 pm »
Google translate does pretty well.  I use it to communicate with some relatives in Germany. 

They were amazed at how good my 'german' was...    :silly:

Mostly his page is a bunch of image memes (and I don't have time to go through each and type it out in translate) but many seem political or activist in nature, that's what I'm curious about.