Author Topic: Rep. Peter King Threatens to Jump Off a Bridge if Cruz Gets GOP Nomination  (Read 3013 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rep-peter-king-threatens-to-jump-off-a-bridge-if-cruz-gets-gop-nomination/

Rep. Peter King Threatens to Jump Off a Bridge if Cruz Gets GOP Nomination
by Matt Wilstein | 6:42 pm, March 23rd, 2015

Rep. Peter King (R-NY) appeared on CNN’s The Situation Room Monday afternoon and when Wolf Blitzer asked him to explain his statement that compared Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) to a “carnival barker,” the Republican congressman opted not to walk back his comments but instead take about a dozen steps forward.

“We need intelligent debate in the country. Ted Cruz may be an intelligent person, but he doesn’t carry out an intelligent debate,” King said. “He oversimplifies, he exaggerates and he basically led the Republican Party over the cliff in the fall of 2013. He has shown no qualifications, no legislation being passed, doesn’t provide leadership and he has no real experience. So, to me, he is just a guy with a big mouth and no results.”

But would King support Cruz if he ended up becoming the Republican Party nominee for 2016?

“I hope that day never comes,” King told Blitzer. “I will jump off that bridge when we come to it.”

King said Cruz would have to undergo a “complete conversion” before he could imagine casting a vote for him in a general election. He described himself as a “true conservative” unlike “counterfeit” candidates like Cruz and Rand Paul and said he might just have to run himself to prevent them from “hijacking the nomination.”

The congressman named Jeb Bush, Scott Walker and John Kasich as GOP candidates he could see himself supporting, but added he just doesn’t see Cruz and Paul as being “part of the talent pool.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Well there's a positive already...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Definitely a reason to vote for Cruz!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
What a ridiculous little temper tantrum and quite unworthy of a Republican Congressman! 

**nononono*

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mountaineer

Very childish.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Does he need someone to drive him to the bridge? No reason to walk or leave his car.

Offline evadR

Does he need someone to drive him to the bridge? No reason to walk or leave his car.
LOL...definitely a win-win.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Jump off a bridge, suck his thumb, hold his breath...cheap entertainment.   :silly:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 01:41:14 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline raml

I would like to see him sign an oath to that threat I am tired of these folks who threaten to do things but then don't when there fear happens. Peter King is a flake and will go back on his threat.

Offline PzLdr

What a ridiculous little temper tantrum and quite unworthy of a Republican Congressman! 

**nononono*

Obviously, you don't follow Rep. King's career. He's a minor league "Chucky Cheese" Schumer when it comes to being a publicity hound. He has the principles of a snake, the IQ of a ground hog, and the charisma of a bunion.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Obviously, you don't follow Rep. King's career. He's a minor league "Chucky Cheese" Schumer when it comes to being a publicity hound. He has the principles of a snake, the IQ of a ground hog, and the charisma of a bunion.

It seems like I used to like him years ago, but one of us changed - because he strikes me as a real POS now.  Regarding Ted Cruz, his hysteria is over the top!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/peter-king-president
Peter King for president? NY congressman weighs 2016 run
07/19/13
Long Island Republican Rep. Peter King said he “certainly would consider” a presidential run in 2016.

Congressman King announced a year and a half ago he wants to be President.  But nobody talks about him and nobody sends him money.

Jealous much Congressman King?  Haters gonna hate.

Oceander

Mr. King perfectly illustrates the self-defeating suicidal attitude that, generally speaking, has inflicted primarily the right:  if my favored candidate isn't nominated, then I won't vote at all.  No wonder the GOP is bidding fair to become a permanent opposition.

Offline Longiron

Definitely a reason to vote for Cruz!

Maybe he can take Booner and the Turtle with him :beer:

Offline Longiron

Mr. King perfectly illustrates the self-defeating suicidal attitude that, generally speaking, has inflicted primarily the right:  if my favored candidate isn't nominated, then I won't vote at all.  No wonder the GOP is bidding fair to become a permanent opposition.

Their is a HUGE difference between the RIGHT and the Republican party other wise known as the RINGOP.  Will take this slowly: Right= Conservatives, grass roots, TP, Americans. Republicans= NOT conservatives only at election time. Moderate, One party system, same type of people as the LIBS and DEMS. John McCain, Boehner, McConnell and most of the House and Senate.  The funny thing is the PUBS cannot win without the RIGHT as defined in this post and KNOW it.

Offline GourmetDan

The funny thing is the PUBS cannot win without the RIGHT as defined in this post and KNOW it.

That's why they continually try to convince people to support RINOs but wouldn't do the same thing for a conservative... as Rep King demonstrates...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Lemmmeeesssseee here......

Well, Peter, which shall it be?

You've got your choice of the Verazzano, the George Washington, The Throgs Neck, The Bronx-Whitestone, The Brooklyn, The Williamsburg, The Manhattan, The Triborough, or my favorite -- The Hell Gate!

Offline ArneFufkin

Maybe he could jump after Nelson Cruz' first homer.

Offline flowers

Very much so!!!!

Offline evadR

Lemmmeeesssseee here......

Well, Peter, which shall it be?

You've got your choice of the Verazzano, the George Washington, The Throgs Neck, The Bronx-Whitestone, The Brooklyn, The Williamsburg, The Manhattan, The Triborough, or my favorite -- The Hell Gate!
Which one is the tallest?
Wouldn't want his attempt to fail.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline PzLdr

Very much so!!!!

Not necessarily. King could land on his head. If he does, nothing changes.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

rangerrebew

Will he tell us which one so I can be there to watch? :seeya:

Offline xfreeper

I've decided early. My vote is for Cruz. If he doesn't get the nomination, I'll write it in

Offline musiclady

It seems like I used to like him years ago, but one of us changed - because he strikes me as a real POS now.  Regarding Ted Cruz, his hysteria is over the top!

Here's a hint, alice........ YOU haven't changed.

And neither have I.

I used to like the guy too.

No more.

Nope.  NO more.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.