Author Topic: Danish warships could become legitimate nuclear targets, warns Russian ambassador  (Read 258 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://cphpost.dk/news/russian-ambassador-threatens-denmark.13108.html

Danish warships could end up as targets for Russian nuclear missiles if Denmark joins the NATO missile defence shield, according to Mikhail Vanin, the Russian ambassador to Denmark.

“I do not think that the Danes fully understand the consequences if Denmark joins the US-led missile defence shield,” Vanin told Jyllands-Posten. “If that happens, Danish warships become targets for Russian nuclear missiles.”

Vanin said that Denmark would become “part of the threat to Russia and relations with Russia will be damaged”. Vanin warned that joining the defence shield would be “Denmark’s decision” and that  the country would “lose both money and security”.

“This is obviously unacceptable,” Lidegaard said. “Russia knows very well that NATO’s missile defence system is defensive. We disagree with Russia on many important things, but it is important that the tone between us remains as positive as possible.”
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:58:17 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The Nordic nations do have a history of unions through history.  Denmark is a founding member of NATO, for whatever that remains to be worth.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln