Author Topic: Schumer: 'No Comment' on Obama Administration Threat to Israel (Update: Schumer Issues a Statement)  (Read 556 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/schumer-no-comment-obama-administration-threat-israel_892172.html

Schumer: 'No Comment' on Obama Administration Threat to Israel (Update: Schumer Issues a Statement)

John McCormack

March 19, 2015 1:44 PM

In response to Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu's recent remarks and reelection, a senior Obama administration official tells Politico that the United States may withdraw support of Israel at the United Nations.

According to Politico's Michael Crowley, "the official wouldn’t rule out a modified American posture at the United Nations, where the U.S. has long fended off resolutions criticizing Israeli settlement activity and demanding its withdrawal from Palestinian territories."

“We are signaling that if the Israeli government’s position is no longer to pursue a Palestinian state, we’re going to have to broaden the spectrum of options we pursue going forward,” the official told Politico.

Asked Thursday afternoon to respond to the administration's anonymous threat, New York Democratic senator Chuck Schumer told THE WEEKLY STANDARD: "I'm not going to comment on that." But is there anything Congress could do to ensure the United States continues to back Israel at the UN? "I'm not gonna comment on that," Schumer replied.

Update: A spokesman emails TWS with a statement from Senator Schumer: "The Administration has strongly defended Israel at the UN and I expect that to continue.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

I would say that, if Bammy becomes a real threat to the security of the State of Israel, something unpleasant may appear before 2017...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline sinkspur

Obama has no idea the hornet's nest he will kick if he pulls back on support for Israel at the Jew-hating UN. Democrats and Republicans alike will come after him, and he will hurt Hillary.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If obama's "puppeteer" orders Schumer and the rest of the democrats to back off...

... they'll back off.

They don't dare cross that lady.