Author Topic: Beck: ‘I’m out of the Republican Party’  (Read 7130 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Beck: ‘I’m out of the Republican Party’
« on: March 18, 2015, 06:21:12 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/236101-glenn-beck-im-out-of-the-republican-party

March 18, 2015, 12:40 pm
Beck: ‘I’m out of the Republican Party’
By Mark Hensch

Conservative talk show host Glenn Beck on Wednesday announced he is leaving the Republican Party.

“I’ve made my decision — I’m out,” Beck said Wednesday on “The Glenn Beck Program,” his broadcast on TheBlaze.com. “I’m out of the Republican Party. I am not a Republican. I will not give a dime to the Republican Party. I’m out.”

The host said Republicans lost him with their inaction on both ObamaCare and illegal immigration.

“All this stuff that they said and they ran and they said they were doing all of these great things and they were going to stand against ObamaCare and illegal immigration — they set us up,” Beck added. “They set us up. Enough is enough. They’re torpedoing the Constitution and they’re doing it knowingly.”

The former Fox News pundit also took issue with the GOP’s treatment of Tea Party lawmakers. Beck said that establishment Republicans had disrespected Sens. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas), a likely 2016 GOP presidential candidate.

“They’re taking on people like Mike Lee and Ted Cruz and they’re torpedoing them,” Beck said. “And these guys are standing for the Constitution.”

Beck’s decision is not his only recent break with conservative ranks. Last Friday, the National Rifle Association’s website indicated it would investigate board member and right-wing activist Grover Norquist over possible sympathies for the Muslim Brotherhood. The move came after Beck aired accusations against Norquist during Friday’s broadcast.

“The people he hangs out with and the people he helps empower, they are agents of influence for the Muslim Brotherhood,” Beck said on Friday.

Beck said Monday that his decision to exit the GOP was inspired by their resistance to change.

“So I’m done with them,” he concluded. “Four years ago I was with them. Four years ago I said 'work from the inside: Let’s change it. Let’s get new guys in there.' I think it’s too late.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Beck: ‘I’m out of the Republican Party’
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 06:22:26 pm »
I left too and it didn't take me as long as Beck....

Please stay on topic with this thread.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 06:28:58 pm »

What's the definition of "left" ?

If it's not giving any more money to any arm or the national party apparatus then I left a LONG time ago! If it's not working for or supporting some carefully selected Republican candidates then I haven't.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 06:33:17 pm »
What's the definition of "left" ?

If it's not giving any more money to any arm or the national party apparatus then I left a LONG time ago! If it's not working for or supporting some carefully selected Republican candidates then I haven't.

Well like you..I may support a Repub candidate and even donate directly to him...never again to the RNC
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 06:36:20 pm »
Beck is a media hound, vying for attention. The GOP opposed Obamacare, and have opposed illegal immigration.

If leaving the Republican Party is such a wonderful step, how come Ted Cruz isn't doing it?

I always vote Republican. Ted Cruz is a Republican. Those who crave Cruz, ought to stand by him and proudly proclaim their alignment with him, where they want the Republican Party to be.

I personally think people who proclaim "I am not a Republican" want attention. An identity in the anonymous realm of cyber postings.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 06:38:34 pm »
So many of you acknowledge the ineffectiveness of Republicans and many are even starting to realize they're the same as the Democrats, but most still won't consider giving their vote to a third party. Why is that? Is it more of a waste to vote for a party that won't win until it manages to gain years of momentum, or is it more of a waste to vote for a party that will win and lead us down the same path we've been on?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:41:25 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 06:42:18 pm »
Me, too!

But, when it comes time to vote, I always vote for the R because there are no viable alternatives in a two-party system.

And also I'm afraid God would smite me if I ever pulled the lever for the D, or waste a vote on a 3rd party polling something like 18%.

Of course, in the event I were ever in a frame of mind to even consider voting D, I probably would already have been committed to a psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 06:43:36 pm »
Beck is a media hound, vying for attention. The GOP opposed Obamacare, and have opposed illegal immigration.

If leaving the Republican Party is such a wonderful step, how come Ted Cruz isn't doing it?

I always vote Republican. Ted Cruz is a Republican. Those who crave Cruz, ought to stand by him and proudly proclaim their alignment with him, where they want the Republican Party to be.

I personally think people who proclaim "I am not a Republican" want attention. An identity in the anonymous realm of cyber postings.

I will always vote conservative or the best possible Repub...I will NEVER EVER vote for a DEM!
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 06:43:55 pm »

Yep! We conservatives should just enjoy the golden shower we continue to get and yell MORE please!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:23:32 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 06:44:02 pm »

OK. 

Beck is a fruitcake. This is not surprising.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 06:46:26 pm »
So many of you acknowledge the ineffectiveness of Republicans and many are even starting to realize they're the same as the Democrats, but most still won't consider giving their vote to a third party. Why is that? Is it more of a waste to vote for a party that won't win until it manages to gain years of momentum, or is it more of a waste to vote for a party that will win and lead us down the same path we've been on?

Third parties are a waste of time and money.  Voting for one is like peeing all over yourself in a navy blue suit.

It might feel good, but nobody notices.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 06:47:26 pm »
But, when it comes time to vote, I always vote for the R because there are no viable alternatives in a two-party system.

It's only a two party system because we allow it to be such. The momentum for alternative parties has to start somewhere. The main parties have failed us.
-Socrates

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 06:48:36 pm »
I'm going to the bathroom...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Dexter

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 06:49:50 pm »
Third parties are a waste of time and money.  Voting for one is like peeing all over yourself in a navy blue suit.

It might feel good, but nobody notices.

Why are they a waste of time and money? This rationale reminds me of people that say their vote doesn't matter. Yeah, and if everybody said that there wouldn't be any votes. If everybody convinces themselves third parties are a waste of time then nobody will vote for them, but if their was a momentum shift we could actually doing something meaningful in politics for the first time in decades.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:51:12 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 06:53:25 pm »

Ditto. I cut party affiliation ties a few years ago and stopped all political donations. I will vote pragmatically though.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 06:53:47 pm »
It's a chicken and egg situation.

Which comes first. A viable 3rd party candidate? Or, sufficient voter interest in voting for a 3rd party candidate.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 06:55:22 pm »
It's a chicken and egg situation.

Which comes first. A viable 3rd party candidate? Or, sufficient voter interest in voting for a 3rd party candidate.

There would be lots of viable candidates if sufficient interest in third parties existed.
-Socrates

Offline ABX

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 06:56:08 pm »

The problem is apples to apples, third party candidates are worse at best and more often than not, jokes. They usually run hoping that not being D or R is enough- it isn't.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 06:56:33 pm »
Why are they a waste of time and money? This rationale reminds me of people that say their vote doesn't matter. Yeah, and if everybody said that there wouldn't be any votes. If everybody convinces themselves third parties are a waste of time then nobody will vote for them, but if their was a momentum shift we could actually doing something meaningful in politics for the first time in decades.

In general...

Third party candidates will always divide and draw votes from the party they are most similar to thereby giving the advantage to the party in which they most differ.  Who do you think Ross Perot drew most of his votes from: Bill Clinton or GHW Bush?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Dexter

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 06:57:14 pm »
The problem is apples to apples, third party candidates are worse at best and more often than not, jokes. They usually run hoping that not being D or R is enough- it isn't.

How are they worse?
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 06:58:30 pm »
In general...

Third party candidates will always divide and draw votes from the party they are most similar to thereby giving the advantage to the party in which they most differ.  Who do you think Ross Perot drew most of his votes from: Bill Clinton or GHW Bush?

In my view the difference between a D win and an R win is negligible at best. With that in mind it doesn't really matter which side the third party candidate is drawing votes from.
-Socrates

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2015, 06:58:33 pm »
In general...

That's the dynamic clearly stated. Kudos.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 07:00:46 pm »

“They set us up. Enough is enough. They’re torpedoing the Constitution and they’re doing it knowingly.”

Sounds like Glenn Beck has been reading GourmetDan...     :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline ABX

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2015, 07:03:10 pm »
How are they worse?
Often they have zero resume in any leadership or military sense (example, the AIP candidate a few years ago who owned a lawn mowing business) or focus their platforms on fringe policies. Bob Barr was the last third party candidate I can recall who had a good resume and tried to move off fringe issues and he ended up being trashed by his own party.  Many times they can't even fill out filing forms correctly then blame a conspiracy when they don't make the ballot. Other times, they are Jesse Ventura- enough said.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2015, 07:04:23 pm »
Sounds like Glenn Beck has been reading GourmetDan...     :silly:

Dan, I know we are far from seeing eye to eye, but I've long suspected you might feel similarly when it comes to R vs D and third parties. You believe the Republicans are controlled opposition designed to "fight" the encroaching leftist agenda (please correct me if I've misunderstood any of your beliefs). Does that mean you would support a shift to alternative parties?
-Socrates