Author Topic: In dollar sweater, Walker touts middle class credentials in New Hampshire  (Read 554 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/walker-touts-middle-class-credentials-in-n.h./article/2561522?utm_content=buffer6f7cc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

In dollar sweater, Walker touts middle class credentials in New Hampshire
BY SUSAN FERRECHIO | MARCH 14, 2015 | 3:49 PM

Gov. Scott Walker talked tax reform and national security in New Hampshire, where he addressed voters at a Concord High School event Saturday.

The prospective 2016 GOP presidential candidate also made a pledge to Granite State voters. "We'll be back many more times in New Hampshire," he said.

The Wisconsin Republican's remarks, which received a standing ovation, started with the Badger State governor touting his middle class credentials. Before the speech, he had stopped by Kohl's Department Store and used Kohl's coupons to buy his sweater from the 70 percent off rack for one dollar.

Walker said he considered's Kohl's successful low-price strategy a model for reforming the tax code so that more people pay taxes, but the tax rate is much lower.

"Lower the rates, broaden the base and have more people participate in the economy and that is how you fuel the economy," Walker said.

The two-term governor promoted his successful effort to lower taxes in Wisconsin and make other reforms to improve the economy, although Democrats have pointed to rising unemployment.

Walker said he supports a federal government that focuses not on expansion, but helping the rest of the country make economic improvements.

"True freedom and prosperity doesn't come from the mighty hand of the government," Walker said.

Walker also accused President Obama taking too soft an approach with Islamic State of Iraq and Syria terrorists and nations that support terrorism.

"We've got a president who draws a line in the sand and somehow allow people to cross it," Walker said. "We need a commander in chief who stands up and says once and for all it is radical Islamic terrorism and we will do whatever it takes to weed it out in the world."

After the speech, Walker talked to reporters, who asked him about accusations that he has flip-flopped on important issues, including immigration reform.

Walker once backed a pathway to citizenship for those now living here illegally but has since reversed his position.

"This is one where we listened to people all across the country, particularly border governors," Walker said, according to Time. "We saw how the president messed that up, and that's an issue where I think people want leaders who are willing to listen to people."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Wisconsin Republican's remarks, which received a standing ovation, started with the Badger State governor touting his middle class credentials. Before the speech, he had stopped by Kohl's Department Store and used Kohl's coupons to buy his sweater from the 70 percent off rack for one dollar

....and he can shop too!...the sweater looks pretty good!!!

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"Lower the rates, broaden the base and have more people participate in the economy and that is how you fuel the economy," Walker said.
This is the money quote (no pun intended).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
After the speech, Walker talked to reporters, who asked him about accusations that he has flip-flopped on important issues, including immigration reform.

Walker once backed a pathway to citizenship for those now living here illegally but has since reversed his position.

"This is one where we listened to people all across the country, particularly border governors," Walker said, according to Time. "We saw how the president messed that up, and that's an issue where I think people want leaders who are willing to listen to people."

The only problem with that thought is the "illegal immigration" and the "open borders" issues has been going on since "W"'s term and it was during his tenure that the Secure Fence Act was passed by both Houses of Congress and was never fully implemented.  Needless to say we still have massive illegal immigration and open borders ... so ... Mr. Walker ... it would seem to me that either you weren't paying attention as governor to the other governors as to the severity of the problem and are just now becoming aware of it (which I find hard to believe) or you changed your mind because you know that's what is going to get you the most votes.  Sorry, but I'm not  buying into his explanation. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 07:42:26 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.