Author Topic: President Ted Cruz?  (Read 15807 times)

Online libertybele

Re: President Ted Cruz?
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2015, 02:04:07 pm »
Ron Paul was unfairly marginalized in his day. His mental status was frequently questioned, he was called a kook—not by democrats, but by his own party.

He was a man out of sync with the establishment Republicans who had a hand in building this leviathan we have in DC.

But he was never a kook. He always was and is a patriot and a constitutionalist.

And isn't that what the Republican Party claims to stand for—the constitution?
[/quote

:amen:   :patriot:  :patriot:  :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2015, 02:04:43 pm »
"When I began entering into the give and take of legislative bargaining in Sacramento, a lot of the most radical conservatives who had supported me during the election didn't like it. "Compromise" was a dirty word to them and they wouldn't face the fact that we couldn't get all of what we wanted today. They wanted all or nothing and they wanted it all at once. If you don't get it all, some said, don't take anything. I'd learned while negotiating union contracts that you seldom got everything you asked for. And I agreed with FDR, who said in 1933: 'I have no expectations of making a hit every time I come to bat. What I seek is the highest possible batting average.'” ~~ Ronald Reagan, in his autobiography, An American Life

I think, to a person here, we admire Ronald Reagan.  He lifted us up as a country when we sorely needed a lift.  One of the hallmarks of his Presidency was his ability to work with Tip O'Neill, a man at the opposite end of the political spectrum.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online libertybele

« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2015, 02:33:14 pm »

Can't help but notice that the ONLY "Republican" that you've been quoting here and on other threads I've 'seen'....is Ron Paul.

Not even Rand.....but the old man himself.

So, if nobody else will ask, why is that? 

It's not that you sat in the dark giggling, sipping on a glass of wine, starting a "President Ted Cruz".

....or was it?    :smokin:

Well, ok.  I have been a long time supporter of Ron Paul's for years. I deeply respect him and admire him as he has never swayed or deviated from what he believes in; his core principles and his belief in the Constitution. He is known as the "Champion of the Constitution".  I have read several of his books and have listened to many of his speeches.  His speeches are awe inspiring, enlightening and for me very motivational.  He was chastised and mocked and called crazy for his viewpoints and his speeches and many including the MSM that mocked him, now realize he was absolutely correct.

I actually years ago went before a local Republican Club and spoke about Ron Paul and passed out literature; the response I got at the time was that they didn't agree with him and also they couldn't vote for him because they felt that it was McCain who could win over Obama.  Really?  I was later told by several members that they now realized how right Paul was.

Lastly, Ron Paul actually endorsed Ted Cruz for Senator.  Paul doesn't endorse many people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r8Gdr0xDRM

The REVOLUTION IS Alive and Well!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2015, 02:57:36 pm »
Well, ok.  I have been a long time supporter of Ron Paul's for years. I deeply respect him and admire him as he has never swayed or deviated from what he believes in; his core principles and his belief in the Constitution. He is known as the "Champion of the Constitution".  I have read several of his books and have listened to many of his speeches.  His speeches are awe inspiring, enlightening and for me very motivational.  He was chastised and mocked and called crazy for his viewpoints and his speeches and many including the MSM that mocked him, now realize he was absolutely correct.

I actually years ago went before a local Republican Club and spoke about Ron Paul and passed out literature; the response I got at the time was that they didn't agree with him and also they couldn't vote for him because they felt that it was McCain who could win over Obama.  Really?  I was later told by several members that they now realized how right Paul was.

Lastly, Ron Paul actually endorsed Ted Cruz for Senator.  Paul doesn't endorse many people.

Ron Paul has many young admirers and followers. One of them, Dmitry, a brilliant young friend of mine, who held two degrees, in economics and political science (an oxymoron if ever I heard one), came here to TBR during the 2012 primaries hoping to make the case for a Ron Paul presidency. I think when he saw how hostile "Republicans" were to Paul, he didn't post much after signing up.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2015, 03:14:43 pm »

Thank you, libertybele.  Appreciate it, taking the time to respond. 

Mayby if Ron Paul looked like Tom Selleck, things may have turned out differently. 

Today, when it comes to elections, the messenger seems to be as important as the message.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2015, 04:10:14 pm »
Thank you, libertybele.  Appreciate it, taking the time to respond. 

Mayby if Ron Paul looked like Tom Selleck, things may have turned out differently. 

Today, when it comes to elections, the messenger seems to be as important as the message.

Agreed.  Since the LAST thing I want to do is get into a debate about the Lincoln Presidency, I hesitate to even tangentially bring up his name.  However, it is said he had a high-pitched voice and we are all familiar with his appearance.  Could you imagine him as a candidate now?  We are shallow in so many ways.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2015, 04:17:08 pm »
I'll third that, with a tip of my hat to Lando too.

Thanks O-L and DCP.  M'lady does rock!  I kind of envision her being somewhat classical, as well!
John Steinbeck

Offline evadR

« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2015, 05:56:15 pm »
“It is better to be divided by truth than to be united in error. It is better to stand alone with the truth, than to be wrong with a multitude.”

Adrian Rogers

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

"Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle, is a species of vice."

Thomas Paine, 1792

LIKE!
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.