Author Topic: President Ted Cruz?  (Read 15859 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: President Ted Cruz?
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2015, 11:41:07 pm »
Well I respectfully but vehemently disagree with your finding. The acronym RINO has a very specific meaning and everyone here knows what it is. I will continue to use it and ANY other anytime I think them to be appropriate or until I'm requested to leave.

The acronym RINO when directed at every Republican who doesn't conform to every standard that any particular conservative holds, is meaningless.

And most people use the term recklessly and probably meaning "Conservative in Name Only."

The Republican party has ALWAYS had a significant faction of those who are not, by and large, conservative.  They are, in fact, REPUBLICANS............ not in name only.

Republican and Conservative are not synonyms.

You and I are disgusted with the weakness of Republican leadership, but that does not mean they are not Republican.

They are just not Conservative.  And only when they claim to be (which they often do) are they being deceitful. 

My contention is that the Republican platform actually contains many statements of conservatism, and if we would just get Republicans to act on what the platform says, we would be much better off.........would we not?

We are never going to get the entire party to be conservative.  It's not going to happen.  So what good is calling people names going to do?

IMHO, none.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2015, 11:43:23 pm »
I've only banned a couple of words here and you can probably guess what they are...

As I have said..I only request that members do not use these two words as a slur to other members here..they feel insulted...I in turn request the same courtesy when they disparage conservatives and Tea Party members....I don't see why we all can't agree on that!

We ought to be able to agree on that.

I have serious problems with those who use "Tea Party" as a dirty word.  They know full well that they are insulting a large number of this forum's members.

As I've said all along..... this problem goes both ways.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2015, 11:46:21 pm »
Wow.  I would like to make myself perfectly clear; I'm going to try anyways.  I use the term GOPe to mean the "GOP establishment" or RINO - Republican in name only.  It is in no way meant derogatorily but rather a means to differentiate between what I consider a conservative and those Republicans who vote and side with Democrats. I'm really quite surprised at the fervor this has caused.  I belong to several forums and this has not been an issue since it has been seen as a way to describe members of the Republican party.  It is no secret that the Republican party is divided; it's not a newsflash and it's been long reported by the MSM.  Why some feel it is offensive is beyond me.  Though I have never technically joined the TEA party, I like the candidates and I do tend to side with their constitutional conservatism.  With that being said, you wouldn't believe some of the derogatory names I have been called.  Do I take offense?  No.  I am who I am, I believe in what I believe in, and I sure as hell don't feel I have to compromise on my beliefs, principals, morals nor integrity to please others to be politically correct.

Peace.   :patriot:

The problem is that it has been pointed out to you that the people commonly called "RINO's" do NOT "vote and side with the Democrats" on the vast majority of issues.

Accuracy is important.....

And no one EVER had asked ANYONE to "compromise" on their "beliefs, morals or integrity."

Suggesting that that is what is happening here is in grave error.  And absurd.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2015, 11:52:47 pm »
Is this discussion redundant yet?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2015, 11:55:29 pm »

Obviously not.  But we're getting there.   

PS:  MusicLady.....you rock!   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2015, 12:05:31 am »

And people ask me why I lock threads............/s

..and yes musiclady rocks....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2015, 12:28:17 am »
The problem is that it has been pointed out to you that the people commonly called "RINO's" do NOT "vote and side with the Democrats" on the vast majority of issues.

Accuracy is important.....

And no one EVER had asked ANYONE to "compromise" on their "beliefs, morals or integrity."

Suggesting that that is what is happening here is in grave error.  And absurd.

Obviously, you are not understanding what I meant.  In MY opinion and in my intention of the use of the terms RINO's and GOPe are just as I stated.  Whether or not you agree with my use of the definition is certainly up to you.  I'm sorry, but expecting me to change my definition as to what a RINO or a GOPe member is because it is considered incorrect by you, is in essence asking me to compromise, my beliefs.

Again, I meant absolutely no malice.  If you see it that way, well, that's the way you see it. If you see that I have erred, well, so be it.  It certainly doesn't affect my definition of RINO or GOPe.

This thread is off topic and has been.

President Ted Cruz...and now that we're back on topic, I think he's going to make one heck of a great President!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2015, 12:57:27 am »
Obviously, you are not understanding what I meant.  In MY opinion and in my intention of the use of the terms RINO's and GOPe are just as I stated.  Whether or not you agree with my use of the definition is certainly up to you.  I'm sorry, but expecting me to change my definition as to what a RINO or a GOPe member is because it is considered incorrect by you, is in essence asking me to compromise, my beliefs.

Again, I meant absolutely no malice.  If you see it that way, well, that's the way you see it. If you see that I have erred, well, so be it.  It certainly doesn't affect my definition of RINO or GOPe.

This thread is off topic and has been.

President Ted Cruz...and now that we're back on topic, I think he's going to make one heck of a great President!

My definition of RINO includes those who routinely voted with the democrats to invoke cloture on a bill or a nominee  they knew the the republicans could not stop after that point and then vote against the bill or nominee so that they can go home and say when asked "I never voted for that!" It also includes someone who violates a pledge not to move ANY bill in the house that cannot pass with a REPUBLICAN majority as a certain Speaker of the House has now done MANY times! 

With that I'm done!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2015, 01:03:52 am »
My definition of RINO includes those who routinely voted with the democrats to invoke cloture on a bill or a nominee  they knew the the republicans could not stop after that point and then vote against the bill or nominee so that they can go home and say when asked "I never voted for that!" It also includes someone who violates a pledge not to move ANY bill in the house that cannot pass with a REPUBLICAN majority as a certain Speaker of the House has now done MANY times! 

With that I'm done!

:amen:  I second that emotion!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2015, 01:31:37 am »
And people ask me why I lock threads............/s

I DIG........ba-dum, bum pa........Rock n Roll Music......   :beer:

I think I've said enough, however.

Keep up the great work, mystery, my friend!

You have the patience of Job!   :patriot:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2015, 03:25:24 am »
Before determining that an individual deviates from "Republicanism" and/or "conservatism," those two descriptors must be defined and agreed.

We must consider that the politics of many of the 50 states are NOT identical. (Therefore sitting in Texas, whining about a Republican in Delaware, for example is pointless, and lost a Senate seat recently).

A particular Republican candidate in a moderate region of our Republic might be electable, yet his/her positions differ from other Regions' definitions of "Republican" and "conservative."

What is gained by repeatedly calling that candidate rino, GOPe? What good does the name calling do?

There is a LOT more to politics than a Fresno.com litmus checklist.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2015, 04:13:35 am »
Republicans like to talk about cooperating with moderates, independents and even left leaning libertarians in order to achieve common goals, but I just don't see how that happens when they can't even make peace with other Republicans. The infighting here represents something that is happening all over the country. The GOP will fade into obscurity if they are not unified in their cause.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:21:42 am by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2015, 04:20:44 am »
I'll third that, with a tip of my hat to Lando too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2015, 08:45:33 am »
I'll third that, with a tip of my hat to Lando too.

Absolutely!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2015, 12:25:48 pm »
The acronym RINO when directed at every Republican who doesn't conform to every standard that any particular conservative holds, is meaningless.

And most people use the term recklessly and probably meaning "Conservative in Name Only."

The Republican party has ALWAYS had a significant faction of those who are not, by and large, conservative.  They are, in fact, REPUBLICANS............ not in name only.

Republican and Conservative are not synonyms.

You and I are disgusted with the weakness of Republican leadership, but that does not mean they are not Republican.

They are just not Conservative.  And only when they claim to be (which they often do) are they being deceitful. 

My contention is that the Republican platform actually contains many statements of conservatism, and if we would just get Republicans to act on what the platform says, we would be much better off.........would we not?

We are never going to get the entire party to be conservative.  It's not going to happen.  So what good is calling people names going to do?

IMHO, none.

"RINO" and "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" are twin sons of different mothers.

Good posts on this thread.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2015, 12:29:43 pm »
"RINO" and "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" are twin sons of different mothers.

Good posts on this thread.
Good morning, amigo!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2015, 12:43:49 pm »
Republicans like to talk about cooperating with moderates, independents and even left leaning libertarians in order to achieve common goals, but I just don't see how that happens when they can't even make peace with other Republicans. The infighting here represents something that is happening all over the country. The GOP will fade into obscurity if they are not unified in their cause.

"Cooperating" with moderates, independents and even left leaning libertarians is why the party is in trouble.  Compromising the core conservative principles of the party for the sake of political correctness is why there is a divide.  Compromising constitutional principals is proving to be detrimental not only to the party but to the country.  Obviously "we the people" voted against continuing "Obama" policy during the mid term elections.  Liberalism and caving to the left isn't working and was voted out.  That's what the existing GOPe just isn't getting or doesn't want to get because for so long they've gotten away with not being held responsible and with lining their pockets with Washington corruption.

Unless "we the people" continue to say enough is enough and elect those candidates who are willing to adhere to the Constitution and conservative principles nothing will change and the decline of America will eventually turn to the demise of this America. To those voters that are not "on board" with conservatism it us up to us to lay out a clear path into which we will take this country and why it will be better than the current course of destruction that we are on. 

I feel BOTH parties are divided with the left having a "progressive liberal" faction and the DEM establishment just as the REPS are divided with a conservative faction and the GOP establishment.  I believe that the DEMS imploded during the mid terms and it may very well happen to the REPS this time around; which is why it just very well may be time for a 3rd party candidate.

"LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN!"

-- Ron Paul

"Just think of what Woodrow Wilson stood for: he stood for world government. He wanted an early United Nations, League of Nations. But it was the conservatives, Republicans, that stood up against him."

-- Ron Paul

'Real patriotism is a willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong.'
  -- Ron Paul

"There is nothing wrong with describing Conservatism as protecting the Constitution, protecting all things that limit government. Government is the enemy of liberty. Government should be very restrained."

- - Ron Paul

“If two parties with two sets of bad ideas cooperate, the result is not good policy, but policy that is extremely bad. What we really need are correct economic and political ideas, regardless of the party that pushes them.”

-- Ron Paul

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2015, 12:50:36 pm »
"When I began entering into the give and take of legislative bargaining in Sacramento, a lot of the most radical conservatives who had supported me during the election didn't like it. "Compromise" was a dirty word to them and they wouldn't face the fact that we couldn't get all of what we wanted today. They wanted all or nothing and they wanted it all at once. If you don't get it all, some said, don't take anything. I'd learned while negotiating union contracts that you seldom got everything you asked for. And I agreed with FDR, who said in 1933: 'I have no expectations of making a hit every time I come to bat. What I seek is the highest possible batting average.'” ~~ Ronald Reagan, in his autobiography, An American Life
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2015, 12:54:03 pm »

"LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN!"

-- Ron Paul

"Just think of what Woodrow Wilson stood for: he stood for world government. He wanted an early United Nations, League of Nations. But it was the conservatives, Republicans, that stood up against him."

-- Ron Paul

'Real patriotism is a willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong.'
  -- Ron Paul

"There is nothing wrong with describing Conservatism as protecting the Constitution, protecting all things that limit government. Government is the enemy of liberty. Government should be very restrained."

- - Ron Paul

“If two parties with two sets of bad ideas cooperate, the result is not good policy, but policy that is extremely bad. What we really need are correct economic and political ideas, regardless of the party that pushes them.”

-- Ron Paul

Can't help but notice that the ONLY "Republican" that you've been quoting here and on other threads I've 'seen'....is Ron Paul.

Not even Rand.....but the old man himself.

So, if nobody else will ask, why is that? 

It's not that you sat in the dark giggling, sipping on a glass of wine, starting a "President Ted Cruz".

....or was it?    :smokin:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2015, 01:12:47 pm »
"When I began entering into the give and take of legislative bargaining in Sacramento, a lot of the most radical conservatives who had supported me during the election didn't like it. "Compromise" was a dirty word to them and they wouldn't face the fact that we couldn't get all of what we wanted today. They wanted all or nothing and they wanted it all at once. If you don't get it all, some said, don't take anything. I'd learned while negotiating union contracts that you seldom got everything you asked for. And I agreed with FDR, who said in 1933: 'I have no expectations of making a hit every time I come to bat. What I seek is the highest possible batting average.'” ~~ Ronald Reagan, in his autobiography, An American Life

Luis you make a very valid point and I clearly understand what you are saying and I certainly agree that there cannot be an all or nothing approach.  However, that is not my point at all.  There are things you can compromise on, like budgets, taxes, unemployment benefits, etc.,  but obviously compromising on constitutional principles isn't working.  Side-stepping Congressional rules should not be tolerated nor should compromising the Constitution.  In fact it is proving to be detrimental to our country.  In addition, compromising on core conservative principals and values that were laid our by our founding fathers isn't working and is proving to be detrimental to our country.

The negotiating skills of the current Republicans seems to be very one-sided as it seems that the majority of the negotiating is nothing more than caving to the left.  Why bother then to have two parties?  To me, there is a huge difference between "caving" and "compromising".

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2015, 01:50:17 pm »
“It is better to be divided by truth than to be united in error. It is better to stand alone with the truth, than to be wrong with a multitude.”

Adrian Rogers

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

"Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle, is a species of vice."

Thomas Paine, 1792

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:04:39 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2015, 01:58:23 pm »

Can't help but notice that the ONLY "Republican" that you've been quoting here and on other threads I've 'seen'....is Ron Paul.

Not even Rand.....but the old man himself.

So, if nobody else will ask, why is that? 

It's not that you sat in the dark giggling, sipping on a glass of wine, starting a "President Ted Cruz".

....or was it?    :smokin:

Ron Paul was unfairly marginalized in his day. His mental status was frequently questioned, he was called a kook—not by democrats, but by his own party.

And why? Because he was a man out of sync with the establishment Republicans who had a hand in building this leviathan we have in DC.

But he was never a kook. He always was and is a patriot and a constitutionalist.

And isn't that what the Republican Party claims to stand for—the constitution?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:09:02 pm by aligncare »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2015, 01:58:27 pm »
Before determining that an individual deviates from "Republicanism" and/or "conservatism," those two descriptors must be defined and agreed.

We must consider that the politics of many of the 50 states are NOT identical. (Therefore sitting in Texas, whining about a Republican in Delaware, for example is pointless, and lost a Senate seat recently).

A particular Republican candidate in a moderate region of our Republic might be electable, yet his/her positions differ from other Regions' definitions of "Republican" and "conservative."

What is gained by repeatedly calling that candidate rino, GOPe? What good does the name calling do?

There is a LOT more to politics than a Fresno.com litmus checklist.

I agree with most of what you said but it is totally irrelevant to the discussion we have been having here. When people get elected and sent to Washington they swear an oath to preserve, protect, and defend one thing! The Constitution of the United States and the words of that document are the same for all regardless of where we happen to live.

Your post does point out one thing very well however! The sooner we put the federal government back in the cage of the Constitution the better off all the residents of the fifty separate states are going to be!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:00:30 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2015, 02:01:22 pm »
Ron Paul was unfairly marginalized in his day. His mental status was frequently questioned, he was called a kook—not by democrats, but by his own party.

He was a man out of sync with the establishment Republicans who helped build this leviathan we have in DC.

But he was never a kook. He always was and is a patriot and a constitutionalist.

And isn't that what the Republican Party claims to stand for—the constitution?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2015, 02:03:20 pm »
 “I will stay standing here after 14 hours. Standing on your feet, there’s sometimes some pain, sometimes some fatigue that is involved. But you know what? There’s far more pain involved in rolling over … far more pain in hiding in the shadows, far more pain in not standing for principle, not standing for the good, not standing for integrity.”

-- Ted Cruz