Author Topic: President Ted Cruz?  (Read 15761 times)

Offline libertybele

President Ted Cruz?
« on: March 14, 2015, 01:11:21 pm »
I hope he runs and pray that he becomes our next president.  I see him is America's last chance.

What Ted Cruz Told Glenn Beck on Radio Could Be the Clearest Signal Yet He’s Running for President

President, how are you?”

That’s how Glenn Beck greeted Ted Cruz on radio Friday morning, and once you hear how Cruz responded throughout, it’s not too far off to think the Texas senator could be making a run to fulfill Beck’s greeting.

Beck and his co-hosts spent a majority of the interview trying to get Cruz to announce he’s running. And while Cruz didn’t fully commit, he did make some interesting comments. Here are some of them:

“So what I’ll say is stay tuned.”
    “I will point out, I was in Iowa last weekend. Tomorrow morning, I’m flying to South Carolina. The next day, I’m going to New Hampshire.”
    “Those are not necessarily states chosen at random.”
    “Iowa was beautiful. It ended up being unseasonably warm. I joke that if we were to launch a campaign, we could just make the campaign message be, you know, vote for Cruz.  He’ll bring the sunshine. If we can deliver on that, they’d probably cancel the whole election.”
    “Well, I’m looking at it very, very seriously.”

Sound like a candidate?

He also told a story of recently speaking to a group of people and telling them to text a certain number if they supported his message. There were about 1,500 people there, he said. The number got 3,598 texts.

“I have to tell you, the encouragement we’re receiving is breathtaking,” Cruz said.

Considering Cruz’s comments, Beck wasn’t shy about interpreting them.
“We’re thrilled,” he said. “And I know we say this jokingly every time. Everybody heard that Ted Cruz just announced he was running for president.”
“That’s what I heard,” co-host Pat Gray added. “That’s what America heard.”
“I think we kind of did hear that here. We’ll wait for the official announcement, but we’re thrilled,” Beck concluded.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03/13/what-ted-cruz-told-glenn-beck-on-radio-could-be-the-clearest-signal-yet-hes-running-for-president/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: President Ted Cruz?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 01:12:14 pm »
President Ted Cruz?

On another planet, perhaps.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 01:13:16 pm »
Cruz as Prez? Works for me!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 01:17:42 pm »
Cruz has demonstrated time and time again strong leadership qualities.  He refuses to back down.  He is highly educated, a debate genius and a Constitutional conservative. He would walk all over Hilary or Wigwam Warren, Uncle Joe or for that matter any DEM candidate. The icing on the cake is he is of Latino decent.   Cruz is Golden!   :patriot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz
http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Ted_Cruz.htm
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:19:23 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 01:29:10 pm »
I hope he runs and pray that he becomes our next president.  I see him is America's last chance.

What Ted Cruz Told Glenn Beck on Radio Could Be the Clearest Signal Yet He’s Running for President

President, how are you?”

That’s how Glenn Beck greeted Ted Cruz on radio Friday morning, and once you hear how Cruz responded throughout, it’s not too far off to think the Texas senator could be making a run to fulfill Beck’s greeting.

Beck and his co-hosts spent a majority of the interview trying to get Cruz to announce he’s running. And while Cruz didn’t fully commit, he did make some interesting comments. Here are some of them:

“So what I’ll say is stay tuned.”
    “I will point out, I was in Iowa last weekend. Tomorrow morning, I’m flying to South Carolina. The next day, I’m going to New Hampshire.”
    “Those are not necessarily states chosen at random.”
    “Iowa was beautiful. It ended up being unseasonably warm. I joke that if we were to launch a campaign, we could just make the campaign message be, you know, vote for Cruz.  He’ll bring the sunshine. If we can deliver on that, they’d probably cancel the whole election.”
    “Well, I’m looking at it very, very seriously.”

Sound like a candidate?

He also told a story of recently speaking to a group of people and telling them to text a certain number if they supported his message. There were about 1,500 people there, he said. The number got 3,598 texts.

“I have to tell you, the encouragement we’re receiving is breathtaking,” Cruz said.

Considering Cruz’s comments, Beck wasn’t shy about interpreting them.
“We’re thrilled,” he said. “And I know we say this jokingly every time. Everybody heard that Ted Cruz just announced he was running for president.”
“That’s what I heard,” co-host Pat Gray added. “That’s what America heard.”
“I think we kind of did hear that here. We’ll wait for the official announcement, but we’re thrilled,” Beck concluded.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03/13/what-ted-cruz-told-glenn-beck-on-radio-could-be-the-clearest-signal-yet-hes-running-for-president/

If Cruz ends up being the nominee, I can support him enthusiastically!  America needs a leader with the kind of courage and integrity that Ted Cruz has. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 01:59:22 pm »
If Cruz ends up being the nominee, I can support him enthusiastically!  America needs a leader with the kind of courage and integrity that Ted Cruz has.

If Ted Cruz get' s the nomination I will be his most ardent supporter.  I'm leaning toward a Scott Walker vote in the primary right now however.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mrs. libsrevil

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 02:20:07 pm »
"President Ted Cruz", seems Beck had a moment of sanity!

Offline Mrs. libsrevil

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 02:21:42 pm »
If Ted Cruz get' s the nomination I will be his most ardent supporter.  I'm leaning toward a Scott Walker vote in the primary right now however.

I've told my family if Senator Cruz runs for POTUS, I will be busy and they will have to contact me at a campaign office.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 02:25:40 pm »
Just want to clarify to some here that I, too, would ardently support Ted Cruz, should he get the nomination.

Just don't think he's got a fiddler's chance in hell of accomplishing it...this time around.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 03:05:37 pm »
Just want to clarify to some here that I, too, would ardently support Ted Cruz, should he get the nomination.

Just don't think he's got a fiddler's chance in hell of accomplishing it...this time around.

I give him more of a chance than that but strongly believe that our next President will be a a former governor. In fact, I think it will be a very long time before we see another senator elected President.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 03:48:56 pm »
Cruz has been more outspoken, active and at times in the "limelight" whereas Obama was very much unknown...he came out of nowhere.  The Democratic voters are the ones that won't vote for another Senator ... but those voters are not likely to vote for Cruz anyways; so nothing lost.

If he doesn't run I'd be very surprised, but he'd also make an excellent VP.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 03:52:18 pm »
Just signed a petition to encourage Ted to run.   I think he can win!   :patriot:

http://www.runtedrun.com/

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 03:54:18 pm »
Cruz has been more outspoken, active and at times in the "limelight" whereas Obama was very much unknown...he came out of nowhere.  The Democratic voters are the ones that won't vote for another Senator ... but those voters are not likely to vote for Cruz anyways; so nothing lost.

If he doesn't run I'd be very surprised, but he'd also make an excellent VP.

Now your Talkin!  Walker/Cruz in 2016 and then President Cruz in 2024!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 04:41:50 pm »

With You on CRUZ control. :thumbsup:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 04:43:18 pm »

That will work also. 8bs8

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 09:16:53 pm »

Now ... if we can just get the GOPe to listen to us.   :silly:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 11:20:28 pm »
I'm willing to bet against Cruz. If you are interested, lets discuss odds.

For example you give me $10 if Cruz is not the nominee, and I give you $100 if he is.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 12:07:51 am »
He sure talks purty, don't he?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 12:41:24 am »
He sure talks purty, don't he?

Oh goody a supporter of the GOPe has weighed in.  You of course are entitled to your opinion, but most of us in here have the common sense to know from the past several election cycles that a RINO will lose.  That's ok, eventually you'll figure it out.  :silly:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 12:50:25 am »
We could do worse.  Cruz has a path to the nomination, but I don't think he's as high as 10-1 at this point.  I like his chances better than Perry, Huckabee, Santorum or Carson.  At this point I would put him behind Walker, Bush, Rubio and Paul.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 12:51:02 am »
I'm willing to bet against Cruz. If you are interested, lets discuss odds.

For example you give me $10 if Cruz is not the nominee, and I give you $100 if he is.

"They" said that Reagan would never be seated in the oval office too. "It took Jimmy Carter to give us Ronald Reagan" (quote by Ted Cruz) and I believe Obama will give us Ted Cruz.   :patriot:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 01:18:58 am »

Those are my thoughts as well.  It would be fun to see Senator Cruz win the nomination if only to watch rat heads explode.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 02:36:43 am »
Oh goody a supporter of the GOPe has weighed in.  You of course are entitled to your opinion, but most of us in here have the common sense to know from the past several election cycles that a RINO will lose.  That's ok, eventually you'll figure it out.  :silly:

Thank you for entitling me to my own opinion.

I am a registered, lifelong, broken glass Republican.

Take your "GOPe" and your "RINO" crap and deposit it snugly in your Antebellum.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 02:37:31 am »
We could do worse.  Cruz has a path to the nomination, but I don't think he's as high as 10-1 at this point.  I like his chances better than Perry, Huckabee, Santorum or Carson.  At this point I would put him behind Walker, Bush, Rubio and Paul.

Agreed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2015, 03:43:07 am »
Thank you for entitling me to my own opinion.

I am a registered, lifelong, broken glass Republican.

Take your "GOPe" and your "RINO" crap and deposit it snugly in your Antebellum.

The GOPe and RINO's have tarnished the Republican party. They have contributed to the political corruption and demise of this great country by standing  and voting along with the liberal progressives.  We therefore have really only one party that is being manipulated by a dictator and a few true conservatives who are opposing the "transformation" and are holding this country together by a very slim thread. If you choose to stand with those who are working towards the demise of this country rather than those who are working towards the restoration of this country that is certainly your prerogative.