Author Topic: Valerie Jarrett: I'll stay 'until the lights go off'  (Read 392 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Valerie Jarrett: I'll stay 'until the lights go off'
« on: March 13, 2015, 01:49:23 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/235605-valerie-jarrett-ill-stay-until-the-lights-go-off

March 13, 2015, 08:05 am
Valerie Jarrett: I'll stay 'until the lights go off'
By David McCabe

Senior Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett plans to stick around until the very end, she said in an interview published Friday.

“Oh, my goodness, I intend to stay until the lights go off,” she told the New York Times Magazine, when asked whether she would stick with the administration until the end of President Obama’s time in office. “Why would I miss a single second of this?”

Jarrett is an enigmatic and sometimes controversial figure to White House observers. She is one of the president’s closest aides and a personal friend to the Obama family. Because of the close relationship she enjoys with the Obamas, she is viewed as one of his most powerful proxies in meetings with advocates and supporters.
But some have worried that she has too much power in the White House, including, reportedly, former chief of staff Rahm Emanuel.

“In a town where access is so important, initially it probably made people a little uncomfortable,” she told the magazine when asked about the Chicago mayor. “I think that has faded. I just want to do my job, and part of my job for the president is to be his friend.”

Jarrett is also a prominent defender of the president, and that role was on display in her interview with the magazine as well. She pushed back against charges that the president had not done enough to reach out to congressional Republicans — and that he could have built relationships by socializing with them.

"They weren’t interested in playing golf, and they weren’t interested in being schmoozed, and they weren’t interested in going up to Camp David, they weren’t interested in going to state dinners," she said. "They just wanted to say no."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Valerie Jarrett: I'll stay 'until the lights go off'
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 01:52:57 pm »
Of course she will! Obama can't change his diaper without her!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Re: Valerie Jarrett: I'll stay 'until the lights go off'
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 02:07:51 pm »
Considering how quickly they're trying to shut down coal-fired power plants, perhaps that day will be soon.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org