Author Topic: McCain: Dempsey 'most disappointing' Joint Chiefs chair I've seen  (Read 600 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/11/mccain-dempsey-most-disappointing-joint-chiefs-chair-ive-seen/

McCain: Dempsey 'most disappointing' Joint Chiefs chair I've seen
Published March 11, 2015FoxNews.com

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., blasted Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey on Wednesday for doing what he called "great damage" to the Middle East and world.

"General Dempsey is the most disappointing chairman of the Joint Chiefs that I have seen, and I have seen many of them," McCain told Fox News' "America's Newsroom." "He has supported the plan to completely withdraw from Afghanistan. He's basically been the echo chamber for the president. And one of the reasons why we are in the situation that we're in in the world today… is because of his lack of either knowledge or candor about the situation in the Middle East, and it has done great damage."

"All I can say is that he only has eight more months."

The criticism came as Dempsey, Secretary of State John Kerry and Defense Secretary Ash Carter faced questions on Capitol Hill over crafting new war powers in the fight against Islamic State militants.

"I am afraid that you will hear very little from them in the way of a strategy to defeat ISIS," McCain said of the Senate hearing.

"All intelligence indicates that [ISIS's] ultimate goal is to strike the United States of America. They can't destroy us, but there's no doubt that they're a direct threat."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: McCain: Dempsey 'most disappointing' Joint Chiefs chair I've seen
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 08:07:41 pm »
All the Chiefs are *yes men* to Obama who worry about their phony baloney jobs more than their country...not one ounce of courage among them.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 08:58:49 pm »
All the Chiefs are *yes men* to Obama who worry about their phony baloney jobs more than their country...not one ounce of courage among them.

In today's military you cannot get where they are without being COMPLETELY political!  Sad but true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 12:13:03 am »
In today's military you cannot get where they are without being COMPLETELY political!  Sad but true!

True..hubby says once you make Col it all changes....sad
Support the USO