Author Topic: Anti-Violence Educator Shoots Teen In The Back Of The Head ‘Execution Style’  (Read 845 times)

rangerrebew

Anti-Violence Educator Shoots Teen In The Back Of The Head ‘Execution Style’

By Brian Anderson, March 6, 2015.

It would be hard to make something like this up. A Boston educator, who is known for his youth anti-violence work, was arrested for shooting a teenager in the back of the head and possibly running a marijuana distribution ring. Wait, it gets weirder. This guy was also a reverend.

Masslive.com reports that Rev. Shaun O. Harrison, the dean of students at Boston’s English High School was taken into custody after he shot an unnamed 17-year old boy “execution style” on Tuesday evening. The boy who was shot at point blank range in the back of the head is miraculously expected to survive.

Reports describe Harrison as a man who, “was better known for anti-violence efforts on behalf of Boston youth and trying to keep kids on the straight and narrow.”

And just what did he do to help kids find the right path? Well, this:

But authorities are also actively investigating his purported ties to an illegal drug-dealing operation, and allegations that the boy he shot had worked as a dealer in that operation.

Harrison is accused of running a marijuana distribution enterprise and enlisting the 17-year-old to work for him until a dispute between them culminated in Tuesday’s nonfatal shooting just blocks away from Harrison’s Roxbury home.

And it just keeps getting worse for Harrison:

Detectives investigating the shooting went to Harrison’s residence, where they encountered three of Harrison’s alleged accomplices. The men, all of whom are in their early 20s, were subsequently found to be in possession of guns, marijuana and a police scanner, according to police, who continue to investigate their connection to Harrison’s alleged drug enterprise.

And worse:

Authorities say they’re also now probing possible gang ties between Harrison and two of the men, both of whom have gang tattoos matching a tattoo on Harrison’s body.

Okay, so this guy is a reverend and an educator, who also happens to be in a gang and runs a drug operation. How did nobody notice this before? This is like something from a TV crime drama. It should be noted that Harrison is not some young street thug; he’s a 55-year old man of the cloth.

For his efforts, Harrison was fired from his job as dean of students and charged with:

… armed assault with intent to murder; aggravated assault and battery with a dangerous weapon; unlawful possession of a firearm; unlawful possession of ammunition; carrying a loaded firearm; discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling; and possession of a firearm in commission of a felony.

As serious as these charges are, and as overwhelming as the evidence may seem, Harrison’s bail was set at a measly $250,000. It’s unclear if he was able to post that amount or not.

So, what do we make of an anti-violence crusader shooting a teenager in the back of the head? I guess in a really sick way, Harrison was trying to keep the 17-year old from pursuing a career in the drug trade. He may have taken the “Scared Straight” approach a little too far.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/anti-violence-educator-shoots-teen-in-the-back-of-the-head-execution-style
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:27:46 am by rangerrebew »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
You can't make this stuff up!  If I had children, I would be terrified to send my child to a public school these days - you just hope they'll come out of it alive, much less educated!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

You can't make this stuff up!  If I had children, I would be terrified to send my child to a public school these days - you just hope they'll come out of it alive, much less educated!
Same here....I would be freaking out.

Online mountaineer

Too bad they're not making "Law and Order" anymore. This one would be perfect for them.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
So this black man's violence can't stem from his economic deprivation, could it? Good public school job.

They are just plain more violent, here, in the UK, etc. Oh yeah, in Africa too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln