Author Topic: Republicans' fear: 2 more years of gridlock  (Read 3741 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans' fear: 2 more years of gridlock
« on: March 04, 2015, 04:53:59 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/republicans-fear-two-more-years-of-gridlock-115734.html?hp=t3_r

The Homeland Security standoff that ended Tuesday has GOP lawmakers worried they’ve 'hit a wall.'

By Manu Raju

3/4/15 5:39 AM EST

Updated 3/4/15 8:47 AM EST

Indiana Sen. Dan Coats isn’t sure whether to run for reelection — but if he does, it’ll be because he has some degree of confidence the new GOP Congress can get something done.

The Department of Homeland Security debacle, he says, has been discouraging in that regard.

“I thought we were off to a good start with Keystone, but now we’ve hit a wall, so I’m trying to weigh where we are going for the next 18 months or so,” Coats said. He added: “We have been at this for two months now, and we are already hung up in terms of not being able to govern.”

Coats isn’t alone.

Republicans on both sides of the Capitol were shaken at the party’s handling of the DHS funding dispute that led to a monthlong standoff, paralyzed the GOP agenda and prompted serious questions internally about whether their newfound majority can deliver anything significant over the next two years. The fear among House Republicans is that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will be too quick to heed Democratic demands and push through watered-down bills on education, trade, health care and the budget. And the worry among Senate Republicans is that their House counterparts will scuttle hard-fought compromises that offer the only way to overcome filibusters and get bills to President Barack Obama’s desk.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/republicans-fear-two-more-years-of-gridlock-115734.html#ixzz3TQQry64u

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Republicans' fear: 2 more years of gridlock
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 05:38:35 pm »
Hit a wall? What a crock of crap.  Really?  Duh ... it's called caving to the DEMS and having no damn backbone!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 06:02:30 pm »
Gridlock????????????????????????????? They have given everything and anything to obama. I guess gridlock means something other than what I thought it meant.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 04:53:51 am »
[[ Republicans' fear: 2 more years of gridlock ]]

It's not going to BE "2 more years of gridlock".

It's going to be two more years of executive orders and diktats, fifty thousand pages of new regulations designed to strangle capitalism, attacks on whites by the powers-that-be in DC (such as the "Justice" department), raids on individuals and groups that publicly defy the obammunists, the continued politicization of the military, cooperation with our enemies and the betrayal of our friends. Within two years, we are going to witness concentrated efforts by the White House to introduce sharia as an alternative to tradtional Western/Christian law.

And the first Lame Duck Republican Majority Congress in American history will do nothing to stop him (and them).

Nothing...

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 10:48:25 am »
Everybody should have known walking in that Obama wasn't going to yield an inch. What the GOP needs to do and won't do, is to first go nuclear in the Senate, then ramrod bill after bill down Obama's throat for him to veto.

Meanwhile, enjoin with the states, and in some cases business, in some reverse Cloward-Piven and file suit after suit to stifle Obama's EO's and illegal regs. Defund those when you get a judgement in your favor. Block his appointments, block any treaties. Deliberately grind govt to a halt as much as possible. As Rush says, gridlock is good for America.

Have your talking points ready, paint Obama as an obstructionist and not bi-partisan. Use the tools you have. It won't happen of course, because our leadership of Boehner and McConnell have no strategy, as can be seen by the DHS/amnesty debacle.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:49:49 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 03:48:38 pm »
Everybody should have known walking in that Obama wasn't going to yield an inch. What the GOP needs to do and won't do, is to first go nuclear in the Senate, then ramrod bill after bill down Obama's throat for him to veto.

Meanwhile, enjoin with the states, and in some cases business, in some reverse Cloward-Piven and file suit after suit to stifle Obama's EO's and illegal regs. Defund those when you get a judgement in your favor. Block his appointments, block any treaties. Deliberately grind govt to a halt as much as possible. As Rush says, gridlock is good for America.

Have your talking points ready, paint Obama as an obstructionist and not bi-partisan. Use the tools you have. It won't happen of course, because our leadership of Boehner and McConnell have no strategy, as can be seen by the DHS/amnesty debacle.

Good Post BUT what you are saying requires and OPPOSITION Party. That we do not have and worst yet the only courage these cowards show is against CONSEVATIVES.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 09:49:04 pm »
[[ Republicans' fear: 2 more years of gridlock ]]

It's not going to BE "2 more years of gridlock".

It's going to be two more years of executive orders and diktats, fifty thousand pages of new regulations designed to strangle capitalism, attacks on whites by the powers-that-be in DC (such as the "Justice" department), raids on individuals and groups that publicly defy the obammunists, the continued politicization of the military, cooperation with our enemies and the betrayal of our friends. Within two years, we are going to witness concentrated efforts by the White House to introduce sharia as an alternative to tradtional Western/Christian law.

And the first Lame Duck Republican Majority Congress in American history will do nothing to stop him (and them).

Nothing...

Exactly.  Dearborn, Michigan is a prime example of what is in store for the rest of this country.  In 2012, Dearborn Michigan's Muslim population was 46%!  Just outside of Detroit, the city of Dearborn, MI (the tenth most populated in that state) holds the second densest Arab community outside of the Middle East.  Obama's blatant attack on Christianity and anti-Israeli relations is a precursor to sharia law ... who's stopping him? Remember, this is the same president who fully supported the building of a mosque at ground zero.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/zieve/070111
http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/blog/detail/shariah-compliant-dearborn-michigan-this-is-what-46-muslim-population-looks-like
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:53:42 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 09:57:21 pm »
Don't you know, it's all about winning elections! So, according to the GOPe voices here, the GOP must be like Democrats. The GOP must capitulate, and appear to be really, really nice. If the GOP can do that, they can win. And after they win, they had better give the Democrats everything they want, or they'll lose the next election.

See how easy that is?  :thud:

Offline evadR

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 02:18:56 am »
So, now we know, elections don't have consequences.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 02:20:24 am »
So, now we know, elections don't have consequences.

They only have consequences when the Dimocrats win!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline evadR

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 02:21:43 am »
More of the same................
McConnell backs off clash with Democrats on Iran.
Senate GOP leader won’t push fast-tracked bill to doomed vote.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 02:56:21 am »
evadR wrote above:
[[ More of the same................
Senate GOP leader won’t push fast-tracked bill to doomed vote. ]]

Tell me now...

... if it walks like a lame duck, sqwaks like a lame duck, acts like a lame duck....

What is it?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 03:30:44 am »

What is the point of voting on a bill that will lose now, but will gain Democrat votes in three weeks, enough votes to override an Obama veto?

Too many people on this site simply don't know how the Congress works.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline evadR

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 03:36:36 am »
evadR wrote above:
[[ More of the same................
Senate GOP leader won’t push fast-tracked bill to doomed vote. ]]

Tell me now...

... if it walks like a lame duck, sqwaks like a lame duck, acts like a lame duck....

What is it?

A Republican?

Did I win the free set of steak knives?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:36:57 am by evadR² »

Offline evadR

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 03:40:43 am »

What is the point of voting on a bill that will lose now, but will gain Democrat votes in three weeks, enough votes to override an Obama veto?

Too many people on this site simply don't know how the Congress works.

How much really needs to be known?

The Republicans pass a bill.
Obama vetoes it.
The dims uphold the veto.

On to the next item.

Did I miss anything?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 07:20:01 am »
How much really needs to be known?

The Republicans pass a bill.
Obama vetoes it.
The dims uphold the veto.

On to the next item.

Did I miss anything?
Not as far as it concerns conservatives.  Even if the Congress could craft a bipartisan bill that would be signed or could garner enough support to overturn a VETO...conservatives would still say it was wrong and it's the fault of the GOP.

Conservative know enough about how Congress works to reinforce their deeply held views and any information that conflicts with those views would be discounted anyways.

Carry on with your GOP bashing.

Offline evadR

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 04:22:47 pm »
Not as far as it concerns conservatives.  Even if the Congress could craft a bipartisan bill that would be signed or could garner enough support to overturn a VETO...conservatives would still say it was wrong and it's the fault of the GOP.

Conservative know enough about how Congress works to reinforce their deeply held views and any information that conflicts with those views would be discounted anyways.

Well, your premise is unacceptable but call it what you like.

You be sure and let me know when the GOP actually ACCOMPLISHES anything.

Offline Relic

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 04:32:04 pm »
Well, your premise is unacceptable but call it what you like.

You be sure and let me know when the GOP actually ACCOMPLISHES anything.

This is all a bit curious to me. The GOPe types come in, and do everything in their power to annoy, irritate, aggravate, and just plain tick off anyone who complains about the current GOP leadership. With that approach, the GOPe types appear to be much like their leadership, that is to say, they've decided they just don't need those of us who complain and are unhappy.

If you jettison the conservatives, all you have left are moderates, and liberals. So, the only course of action for the GOP, assuming they don't want, need or like conservatives, is to try to be Democrats. Now, if I'm a Democrat, or a moderate, why in the world would I vote for a Republican, who promises to be a Democrat? Why not just vote the real thing?

The GOP has already lost me, so bashing me is ok, no harm will be done. But keep on being condescending, dismissive, and antagonistic you GOPe types. Let's see how that works out for you?

Offline evadR

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 08:19:21 pm »
The GOP has already lost me, so bashing me is ok, no harm will be done. But keep on being condescending, dismissive, and antagonistic you GOPe types. Let's see how that works out for you?
......yes, and, as I previously stated for you GOPe types, let me know when you actually ACCOMPLISH anything.
It doesn't have to be a big thing, just anything.
anyone, anyone....Bueller   
:::crickets:::

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 08:27:51 pm »
......yes, and, as I previously stated for you GOPe types, let me know when you actually ACCOMPLISH anything.
It doesn't have to be a big thing, just anything.
anyone, anyone....Bueller   
:::crickets:::

They did stand firm with Bibi Netanyahu, I'll give them that one.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 08:44:14 pm »

GOP bashing?  Perhaps bashing of the GOPe and rightfully so as they seem to cave to the DEMS and vote right along with them.  It's TEA keeping the party and country together. TEA is the country's only saving grace and only chance of American restoration.

Offline Relic

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 08:55:56 pm »
GOP bashing?  Perhaps bashing of the GOPe and rightfully so as they seem to cave to the DEMS and vote right along with them.  It's TEA keeping the party and country together. TEA is the country's only saving grace and only chance of American restoration.

It appears that the establishment types have it backwards, in much the same way politicians have it backwards.

We pay politicians, they work for the taxpayer. They don't rule us, they serve us. At least that's how it was meant to work.

When we belong to a party, the party is supposed to be doing the will of the voters. The voters are not supposed to support the party, regardless of what agenda the party sees fit to adopt. That's how it should work.

Offline evadR

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 08:59:56 pm »
They did stand firm with Bibi Netanyahu, I'll give them that one.
Thank you Alice, and as soon as I see a positive result with regard to the #1 terrorist state in the world, I give them a 1 in the plus column.

rangerrebew

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 09:28:11 pm »
Nah.  republicans ----------> 888buttkisser kissing Obama.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2015, 12:00:37 am »

What part of "it's not an election, it's a restraining order" did the Republicans miss in November 2014?