Author Topic: Pat Caddell: Scott Walker May Be Peaking Too Early  (Read 1397 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pat Caddell: Scott Walker May Be Peaking Too Early
« on: February 24, 2015, 03:07:28 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=626443

Newsmax
Pat Caddell: Scott Walker May Be Peaking Too Early
Monday, February 23, 2015 08:27 PM

By: Greg Richter

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker may be peaking too early, and that could be bad for him in the 2016 Republican primaries, pollster Pat Caddell told Fox News on Monday.

Had he been working on Walker's campaign, he would have wanted him to emerge in the fall, Caddell told Fox News Channel's "Your World with Neil Cavuto."

"You don't want to be out there where the press is already shooting at him when he is not quite prepared with all the answers, and when … your other wonderful patriots and colleagues in the party want to bring you down, too," he said.

Momentum is the key, Caddell said, and it is hard to sustain over for an entire year before the primaries begin.

Caddell was President Jimmy Carter's pollster. He said his former boss peaked at just the right time, during the Iowa caucuses.

Before that, no one knew who Carter was.

"In December, the last Gallup Poll in December 1975, they forgot to put him on the list," Caddell said.

But that was a blessing, Caddell said, because if Carter had come out early, a lot of the attacks on him would have taken place before he was able to sustain it.

Walker is leading based on a single speech at a conservative event in Iowa, Caddell said, and that means that no one is really leading the pack at the moment.

The Republicans' problem is a lack of messaging, he said.

None of the expected candidates have articulated the message that the country is falling apart and that the world is in disaster, Caddell said.

"No one has gotten up and said, 'You and I are going to lead the resurrection, you people and I. We have to change America," he said. "There's no compelling case saying there's an urgency here. We're going to lose our country. We're losing foreign policy. Something that would compel people.

"This is always an election about messages," Caddell said. "In presidential elections money helps, message is king."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Pat Caddell: Scott Walker May Be Peaking Too Early
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 03:25:44 pm »
And the sun may come up in the West tomorrow!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 03:31:50 pm »
Caddell is onto something here. Maybe Walker should step back from the public eye a bit. Tease the public, go on retreat and work on some position papers, for example. Of course, this would carry a risk of out of sight, out of mind. Other candidates could then seize on that opportunity to show themselves off.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 05:51:15 pm »
Pat is a rat. 
Therefore he is a liar.

Governor Walker needs to coalesce the anti-Jeb vote and attract a huge amount of money...yesterday.  There is no peaking too early against Governor Bush.  Mistakes now will be forgotten next year.  Walker needs to hit the ground running and conservatives need to spit or get off the pot.

Governor Walker has been tested through 3 elections and the combined attacks of the DNC and the unions, but he is still inexperienced running a national campaign.  The good news is, if there were skeletons in his closet we would know them already.  The time is now for the varied conservative factions of the GOP to get behind a candidate.  Don't wait for the whole GOP field to drop out like 2008 or you will get the last man standing, and with Governor Bush's money that will likely be Bush.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 06:08:10 pm »
Pat is a rat. 
Therefore he is a liar.

Governor Walker needs to coalesce the anti-Jeb vote and attract a huge amount of money...yesterday.  There is no peaking too early against Governor Bush.  Mistakes now will be forgotten next year.  Walker needs to hit the ground running and conservatives need to spit or get off the pot.

Governor Walker has been tested through 3 elections and the combined attacks of the DNC and the unions, but he is still inexperienced running a national campaign.  The good news is, if there were skeletons in his closet we would know them already.  The time is now for the varied conservative factions of the GOP to get behind a candidate.  Don't wait for the whole GOP field to drop out like 2008 or you will get the last man standing, and with Governor Bush's money that will likely be Bush.

:thumbsup:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Millee

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 06:27:59 pm »
Honestly, it's too early to hear from any of them.   :nometalk:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 06:32:59 pm »
I hear that, but aren't you getting excited for the end of an error?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 06:33:36 pm »

I feel the same way, but the horse has already been let out of the gate.

The race is on!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Millee

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 06:39:26 pm »

From the second he was inaugurated.   :peeonobama:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 07:33:16 pm »

Yes, absolutely.  Walker should have stayed quiet.  Interestingly, Jeb jumped in way early and as a result eliminated Romney (or Romney was asked not to run). I think it was a tactic to scare the new kids on the block and to flex his muscle. So, the GOPe has Bush and they are thinking that he and Hillary will do battle and that it will be such a grand media frenzy; Bush vs. Clinton. The Bush's and Clinton's will spend millions upon millions for nothing; as they are just what America doesn't want and I don't think either one of them will get the nod.  It will be the mighty liberal progressive Wigwam Warren against one of the new GOP.  Just my humble opinion of course.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 07:38:55 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 07:48:19 pm »
More like end of a horror. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 02:11:12 am »
More like end of a horror.

Many people are anxious for this president to step down.  The reality of the matter is we have 535 members of Congress who have done very little to stop him.  They can no longer play the "blame game" as the GOP holds the majority in both Houses.  535 members of Congress who are enjoying all the "perks" of being an elected official.  It's been said before..."We the People" have been and are on our own. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.