Author Topic: Egypt's President: It's time for an Arab coalition against ISIS  (Read 310 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Egypt's President: It's time for an Arab coalition against ISIS
« on: February 23, 2015, 07:18:24 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/23/middleeast/isis-crisis/

As ISIS continues it murderous rampage in the Middle East, Egypt's President said it's time for more Arab countries to join forces against the terror group.

"The need for a unified Arab force is growing and becoming more pressing every day," Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi said in a televised speech Sunday.

El-Sisi said Jordan and the United Arab Emirates have offered military help as Egypt amplifies its battle against ISIS in neighboring Libya.

CNN military analyst Maj. Gen. James "Spider" Marks said "it's about time" an Arab leader like el-Sisi made such a statement.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline aligncare

Re: Egypt's President: It's time for an Arab coalition against ISIS
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 08:51:27 pm »
I've been praising el-Sisi since his strong anti-jihad statements were first made.

And I praise him again for agitating for an Arab coalition to go after ISIS.

Now all we need is for Islamic theologians to call for reform of Islam itself. The Quran is in serious need of reinterpretation in order to bring it in line with the 21st Century world.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Egypt's President: It's time for an Arab coalition against ISIS
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 08:52:51 pm »
Some reasons for optimism, coming from the Mideast. National governments standing up to the terrorists, pledging to oppose them with arms, and with religious reformation.

Obama no doubt will claim credit for this being the positive result of what others have labeled as "leading from behind."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln