Author Topic: Over 60 ISIS Terrorist Killed in Battle with Peshmerga, Bodies Piled Onto Truck + Pics  (Read 432 times)

rangerrebew

Over 60 ISIS Terrorist Killed in Battle with Peshmerga, Bodies Piled Onto Truck + Pics

February 23, 2015 _ 1:06 PM.       

News Code : 672757
Source : Daily Mail

More than 60 ISIS terrorists have been killed after fierce fighting broke out overnight in northern Iraq, Kurdish officials have said.

More than 60 ISIS terrorists have been killed after fierce fighting broke out overnight in northern Iraq, Kurdish officials have said.

Their bodies were piled into a digger claw and onto the back of a pickup truck today in the strategic village of Sultan Abdullah, which extremists have targeted repeatedly in the past two months.

The bloody assault came just a day after U.S. officials revealed they are planning a 25,000-soldier invasion of Mosul - which was seized by ISIS militants last June - in as little as six weeks.

Photos taken today showed Kurdish forces, known as Peshmerga, amassing the bodies of ISIS militants at their heavily-attacked headquarters in the village of Sultan Abdullah.

A spokesman for the Kurdistan Democratic Party's Foreign Relations Office told MailOnline: 'ISIS militants have attacked Peshmerga frontlines twice in the last three days in the heights of Sultan Abdulla and on the Makhmour front.

'In each case the militants were defeated, and repulsed in such a way they reportedly left behind 60 bodies.'

A statement on the Kurdistan Democratic Party's website today added at least 50 fake jihadis' bodies were found on just one front after last night's fighting.

'The terrorists [ISIS] launched overnight attacks on our units in three areas', it said. 'The Peshmerga forces confronted them strongly and with extermination.

'This was the eighth attack by terrorists [of its kind], and each one has had worse luck than its predecessor.'

Mosul is the largest city in northern Iraq and has become one of the key strongholds for ISIS.

Iraqi soldiers fled in June last year when the terrorists marauded through the country and seized Mosul, setting up a caliphate which enforces an extreme interpretation of Islam.

The U.S. is helping Iraq plan a massive offensive to recapture the city, which will involve up to 25,000 soldiers battling just 1,000 or 2,000 militants.

Iraq's soldiers are set to be joined by Peshmerga fighters and former Mosul police officers for the attack, which a U.S. government official said was planned for April or May.

The source told the Associated Press that forces wanted to retake Mosul in the spring, before the summer heat and the holiday month of Ramadan kick in.

The plan comes after months of U.S. air strikes designed to cripple ISIS.

Washington is also training up and equipping the Iraqi military to be better-placed to recapture the territory.

But today Iraq's defence minister criticised the U.S. for declaring a timeframe for the offensive, saying military commanders should not show their hand to the enemy.

Khaled al-Obeidi added the official who predicted the attack for April or May had no knowledge of the issue.

'This is urban warfare and we have civilian populations,' he said. 'It is very important to take time and accuracy in setting the plan for this battle.

'A military official should not reveal the timing of an offensive. The battle for Mosul starts when preparations are complete, and selecting the time is up to Iraqi military commanders.'

'I don't know where the American official got this information... They absolutely do not have knowledge on this issue.'

Following the criticism Ash Carter, the new U.S. Defense Secretary, told reporters he would not confirm the precise timing of the attack.

Across the border in Syria, Kurdish forces launched a separate assault last night aimed at retaking the northeastern town of Tal Hamis.

According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, the Kurds 'managed to advance and took over some 20 villages, farms and hamlets'.

At least 12 fake jihadists were killed in the fighting, it said. It was not known if Kurdish forces lost any fighters.

http://www.abna24.com/english/service/middle-east-west-asia/archive/2015/02/23/672757/story.html
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:41:30 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good start!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
"'A military official should not reveal the timing of an offensive. The battle for Mosul starts when preparations are complete, and selecting the time is up to Iraqi military commanders.'

'I don't know where the American official got this information... They absolutely do not have knowledge on this issue.'"

It was just one of Obama's peeps trying to help ISIS. 

Keep kicking ISIS' ass Kurds!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

But today Iraq's defence minister criticised the U.S. for declaring a timeframe for the offensive, saying military commanders should not show their hand to the enemy.
Some "folks" in the White House have a different idea of who the enemy really is, I guess.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I doubt this was officially released, per se, more likely it is just another intelligence leak from the Obama crew. The people with whom Obama surrounds himself, have nothing invested in America. They want a 'new America'. And they will do what it takes to make that happen.

There is also a lack of understanding about what intelligence is, due to extreme inexperience. There is no respect for it. Because it is not 'fair' for America to withhold information. This is what Obama meant when he said his administration would be the most open ever. He meant open to the enemy. You know. To make things fair. That's what you get when you vote 60's era hippies to run the government.

Like hey dude, like "intelligence"? Dude what is that?

These days, telling anything to the WH is equivalent to publishing it in the newspapers.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.