Author Topic: 5 Important Things From History That No One Can Explain  (Read 1869 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
5 Important Things From History That No One Can Explain
« on: February 20, 2015, 11:33:23 pm »
5 Important Things From History That No One Can Explain
By Evan Accardi,  Alex Marie February 17, 2015

As modern humans with constant access to every piece of information that has ever been known, we like to think we're pretty smart. Surely, in these times of carbon dating, digital reconstruction, and computerized archiving, we've learned everything there is to know about our primitive ancestors. Well, you might be surprised -- there are still several major events in history that today's scientists, after years of extensive research, know precisely dick about.

#5. We Don't Know What the Ancient Egyptians Actually Looked Like

#4. There Are Giant Stone Heads in Central America, and We Have No Idea How They Got There

#3. There Is a Huge Network of Mysterious, Man-Made Caves in China

#2. We Can't Read One of History's Most Important Languages

#1. The "Sea Peoples" Destroyed Virtually Every Major City of the Ancient World ... and We Have No Idea Who They Were

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_22138_5-longtime-mysteries-history-that-experts-cant-explain.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Re: 5 Important Things From History That No One Can Explain
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 11:33:59 pm »
Wonderfully detailed article at link.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 11:39:14 pm »
Did someone check with Brian Williams?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 11:42:46 pm »

In 1992, a uniquely curious man in the Chinese village of Longyou pooled his money with his neighbors to buy a water pump and began siphoning out the pond in his village, only to eventually discover that it wasn't really a pond at all, but the flooded entrance to an ancient, man-made cave. Upon investigation, it turned out that, rather than the entrance to Chinese Batman's secret lair, this cave was one in a network of 36 hidden chambers in the area, all dating back to the early Han dynasty, about 2,000 years ago.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 11:54:03 pm »
Never underestimate what can be accomplished by a bunch of people with no TV or Internet.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 12:11:53 am »

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 03:39:01 am »
Never underestimate what can be accomplished by a bunch of people with no TV or Internet.

That is the god's own truth.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 03:39:23 am »
#0:  Barack Obama got re-elected.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 04:08:46 am »
To me, you're all good friends.  But I'm disappointed.

You're only on this earth for about 80-90 years....if you're damned lucky to have inherited a longevity gene.

How couldn't any of you at least shown a little curiosity regarding this?   Without the flippant comedy?   :laugh:

Discovered in 1992.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 04:28:23 am »
Fascinating stuff.  Thanks for posting, DCP.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 04:36:18 am »
To me, you're all good friends.  But I'm disappointed.

You're only on this earth for about 80-90 years....if you're damned lucky to have inherited a longevity gene.

How couldn't any of you at least shown a little curiosity regarding this?   Without the flippant comedy?   :laugh:

Discovered in 1992.

Apologize for the flippant humor - but I'm half serious.  I'm quite open to the idea that aliens could have already checked us out.

When I read about the Chinese underground caverns I was amazed they had done that thousands of years ago!  And we're just now finding out about them!  I have a feeling China holds a lot of secrets.  I hardly know anything about the rural areas, which are HUGE! 

Sometimes I think ancient people were as advanced, if not more advanced than us! 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 05:11:38 am »
There is a mountain in China, in the middle of nowhere that as far as anyone knows has never been occupied, that has a load of iron pipes running in it, and out into the lake at it's feet. The pipes comfortably predate the Iron Age.

People forget - a thousand years is a hell of a long time. Look at the Etruscan example in the article. We KNOW the language was still spoken at the time of Christ's birth, since the emperor Claudius wrote an Etruscan/Latin dictionary sometime during the reign of Tiberius. That is recorded, though the dictionary itself didn't survive. So completely gone we can't even guess, in under 2000 years.

Though I will say, anyone who posits aliens for anything is not giving credit to how incredibly inventive and industrious people are.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 05:49:37 am »
I thought it was pretty much accepted that the Sea Peoples were a combination of Doric Greeks and the survivors of the Minoan civilization that survived the Thera Plinian event. Supposedly Philistine pottery  [they were supposedly some of the Sea People] shows Greek design.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 05:55:41 am »

By that, I assume you mean a take on "necessity is the mother of invention".   

Thinking perhaps, survival of the fittest more like it.  Maybe a cataclysmic event forced people underground.

But it's hard to imagine slaves using hand tools could accomplish THIS...

Looking at 'our' cutting edge technology, it's easier to imagine it was accomplished using 3d printing or laser drilling.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 06:05:18 am »
Apologize for the flippant humor - but I'm half serious.  I'm quite open to the idea that aliens could have already checked us out.

When I read about the Chinese underground caverns I was amazed they had done that thousands of years ago!  And we're just now finding out about them!  I have a feeling China holds a lot of secrets.  I hardly know anything about the rural areas, which are HUGE! 

Sometimes I think ancient people were as advanced, if not more advanced than us!

It's been documented and proven by too many eyewitnesses regarding 'discs' or moving balls of light dive into or come out of the water.  There's a hotbed of activity off the coast of California....area shaped by 3 points.  Then there was Shag Harbor Incident. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shag_Harbour_UFO_incident

These same 'objects' or organisms have been documented by astronauts working in space.  And by the men who went to the moon.

Puts it more in perspective that they're probably more indigenous to our planet than humans are.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 06:06:26 am »

A few people did that, in secret, using hand tools only while holding down full time jobs. Took them 16 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-495538/Eighth-wonder-world-The-stunning-temples-secretly-carved-ground-paranormal-eccentric.html

People are pretty amazing when they get an idea in their head.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 03:46:04 pm »

LOL!   Well, by the looks of this photos, it appears that hand-held spoon utensils were not the digging tool of choice.