Author Topic: The Atlantic: “The Islamic State is Islamic. Very Islamic.”  (Read 326 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Atlantic: “The Islamic State is Islamic. Very Islamic.”
« on: February 19, 2015, 02:23:14 pm »
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/02/the-atlantic-the-islamic-state-is-islamic-very-islamic?utm_source=Jihad+Watch+Daily+Digest&utm_campaign=950a5cc894-Daily_Digest&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ffcbf57bbb-950a5cc894-123558369

The Atlantic: “The Islamic State is Islamic. Very Islamic.”

February 18, 2015 5:36 am By Robert Spencer

This is an extraordinary piece, as it represents one of the first, if not the first, mainstream media acknowledgment that what I have been saying all these years, and illustrated in detail in thirteen books, hundreds of articles, and tens of thousands of posts here, has been absolutely correct: that jihadis use the texts and teachings to justify their actions and make recruits, and make a case that obviously convinces many young Muslims, that they represent the truest and most authentic expression of Islam.

Will Graeme Wood be now smeared and derided as an “Islamophobe” and a “bigot” for stating these obvious truths? Or will his exaggerated confidence in what he calls “quietest Salafis” (not reproduced below) save him from that? In any case, this is a momentous article: it may (may) represent a crack in the edifice, a blade of grass poking through the concrete, a tardy surrender of at least one bastion of politically correct wishful thinking to the overwhelming force of reality. We shall see.

continued..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Atlantic: “The Islamic State is Islamic. Very Islamic.”
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 02:37:52 pm »
ISIS is an ISLAMIC terrorist organization and there is NO doubt about it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien