Author Topic: Vanilla Ice facing burglary and grand theft charges in Florida  (Read 976 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Vanilla Ice facing burglary and grand theft charges in Florida
« on: February 19, 2015, 07:59:32 am »
Some smartarse at the Independent sent this out under the tweet "Heist, heist, baby." I couldn't resist.

Vanilla Ice, the 1990s rapper known for his song Ice Ice Baby, is facing burglary and grand theft charges in Florida, police have said.

Robert Van Winkle, 47, was arrested over a break-in that took place between December last year and this month, police in the town of Lantana told NBC Miami.

A pool heater, bicycles, furniture and a number of other items were taken from a private home that was being foreclosed.

Police said Mr Van Winkle had been carrying out repairs to a house next door.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/vanilla-ice-facing-burglary-and-grand-theft-charges-in-florida-10055341.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

Re: Vanilla Ice facing burglary and grand theft charges in Florida
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 05:47:11 pm »
He said he was doing it for his TV show he has.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 06:07:11 pm »
Networks like HGTV and the Food Network are running out of ideas. Thus, morons like Rob Van Winkle and Guy Ferry actually being given shows.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 06:11:24 pm »
Networks like HGTV and the Food Network are running out of ideas. Thus, morons like Rob Van Winkle and Guy Ferry actually being given shows.

Yes, I guess they've gone through all of the same sex couples looking to buy a 3 million dollar cottage and all of the gay chefs they could find.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 06:21:00 pm »
I deal with foreclosed properties in the normal course of my daily work. 

Most of the time, the foreclosed properties are occupied by either the owner....or more likely a friend or relative.  Or, in RARE cases a "tenant", who was supposedly paying the owner rent each month, while the owner never made monthly payments.

In Maryland, we're required to place notices on the front door providing a specified time for the last occupant to contact us to retrieve their personal property.

In most cases, the property that is left behind in a vacant...foreclosed home, is "trash" and treated as such.   Usable items like kitchen utensils, lawnmowers, appliances, furniture....is junk.  And discarded by a hired vendor of the bank.

We run into vacant homes where nobody has lived in the place for over two years....as evidenced by the daily newspapers or calendars inside.

I can see where the pool heater is an issue, because that's considered "real property" as opposed to personal property.  The new owner will have to buy a heater or the bank will replace it in order to sell the home.  But the other items are penny ante.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 06:55:41 pm »
Yes, I guess they've gone through all of the same sex couples looking to buy a 3 million dollar cottage and all of the gay chefs they could find.

:silly:

I'm glad you said that.

My wife was glued to HGTV. I thought it was just me that noticed they used every single gay prop they could find in an area. I kept waiting to spot a drag queen on one of their shows.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 09:26:48 pm »
:silly:

I'm glad you said that.

My wife was glued to HGTV. I thought it was just me that noticed they used every single gay prop they could find in an area. I kept waiting to spot a drag queen on one of their shows.

When I got into real estate back in 1978, there was an area of D.C. that was in the process of experiencing a total makeover.  A rags to riches story.

It was the homosexual that bought old brownstones....gutted them....and brought them into 'chic'.
It was the homosexual that became a 'pioneer'...moving into or across the street from high-crime blocks.

Today, Dupont Circle area townhomes go for close to a million dollars.....as shells.
2 bedroom 2 bath condos sell for $1.5 to $2 Million.

40 years ago, you didn't go out after dark.  Today, you might catch George Stephanopoulis at 11PM in the Dupont Circle Starbucks.

I've had many homosexuals as sellers or buyers.  Without exception, you could literally eat off the floors in their homes.  Everything was naturally staged and usually spectacular.....in a real estate marketing sense.

Never could figure out exactly why that character trait is not at all shared with lesbian couples.    :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:27:44 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 10:17:29 pm »
When I got into real estate back in 1978, there was an area of D.C. that was in the process of experiencing a total makeover.  A rags to riches story.

It was the homosexual that bought old brownstones....gutted them....and brought them into 'chic'.
It was the homosexual that became a 'pioneer'...moving into or across the street from high-crime blocks.

Today, Dupont Circle area townhomes go for close to a million dollars.....as shells.
2 bedroom 2 bath condos sell for $1.5 to $2 Million.

40 years ago, you didn't go out after dark.  Today, you might catch George Stephanopoulis at 11PM in the Dupont Circle Starbucks.

I've had many homosexuals as sellers or buyers.  Without exception, you could literally eat off the floors in their homes.  Everything was naturally staged and usually spectacular.....in a real estate marketing sense.

Never could figure out exactly why that character trait is not at all shared with lesbian couples.    :laugh:

Interesting post, DC.

I don't know what to make of the question you asked at the end, but I'm giving it some thought.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 11:04:13 pm »
Interesting post, DC.

I don't know what to make of the question you asked at the end, but I'm giving it some thought.

It was obviously a poor attempt at levity, at the expense of others.  Sorry.

My thinking was that homosexual men who are drawn to architectural detail in general....are fastidious in their personal hygiene, appearance and the overall cleanliness of their environment.   To me, it's a no brainer that they are trendsetters in style.

Post-menopausal lesbians tend to gravitate to a more overweight, masculine types.   In fact, now that I recall, there was criticism of a large sum of money that was used to research why senior citizen lesbians tend to be overweight and butch.