Author Topic: ‘OH. MY. GOD.’ Creepy Joe Biden strikes again at swearing in of Defense Secretary Ashton Carter! [photo]  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Relic wrote above:
[[ It is out of our hands. The political class has no desire to change anything that is going on. And the people either ignore, or accept it. ]]

Well, it is "out of our hands" insofar as trying to push those in "the DC political class" to reform or restore republican government in this country.

I see two alternatives:
1. An Article V convention of the States. If the states are wise, they will purposely EXCLUDE most (or all) from the DC government, and forge a group of amendment proposals that will reform Washington despite the best efforts of the political classes to resist such reform.
This will constitute "the peaceful path" to a restoration.

2. The other alternative must also "come from the hands" of ordinary Americans. But those hands will be reaching for "the final box" in that series of boxes we hear about now and then. Unlike choice #1, it won't be peaceful. It will be bloody and brutal.

Relic, since you raised the issue, which would you choose?

If we are unable to choose from the above, then we are headed down the road to soft despotism in America. But it won't remain "soft" for long...

Offline Relic

Relic wrote above:
[[ It is out of our hands. The political class has no desire to change anything that is going on. And the people either ignore, or accept it. ]]

Well, it is "out of our hands" insofar as trying to push those in "the DC political class" to reform or restore republican government in this country.

I see two alternatives:
1. An Article V convention of the States. If the states are wise, they will purposely EXCLUDE most (or all) from the DC government, and forge a group of amendment proposals that will reform Washington despite the best efforts of the political classes to resist such reform.
This will constitute "the peaceful path" to a restoration.

2. The other alternative must also "come from the hands" of ordinary Americans. But those hands will be reaching for "the final box" in that series of boxes we hear about now and then. Unlike choice #1, it won't be peaceful. It will be bloody and brutal.

Relic, since you raised the issue, which would you choose?

If we are unable to choose from the above, then we are headed down the road to soft despotism in America. But it won't remain "soft" for long...

There isn't a good choice. Option 1 requires that the political class at the state level cooperate. This would be my preference, but unlikely. The state level political class wants to work it's way to the federal level.

Option 2 is a non starter. That would only have a chance if enough Americans felt compelled to participate.

We are headed to soft despotism, if we aren't there already. The hard lessons are coming.

Offline mountaineer

I'd be sitting in jail in DC..if anyone did that to me he would get a sharp elbow to the ribs...
I had a manager at my college job who did that to me once, and a sharp elbow to the ribs is exactly what he got in return.  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

This is directly related to his not one but two (at least) aneurysms.  He is unqualified, as is Hillary Clinton, to serve as President.
I agree. Of course, we'll never see a medical report on either one, just like we'll never see any of BO's records.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
There isn't a good choice. Option 1 requires that the political class at the state level cooperate. This would be my preference, but unlikely. The state level political class wants to work it's way to the federal level.

Option 2 is a non starter. That would only have a chance if enough Americans felt compelled to participate.

We are headed to soft despotism, if we aren't there already. The hard lessons are coming.

I agree with your assessment of Option 1.  Most states have found themselves dependent on the federal teat for grants for everything under the sun.  Many of them probably can't afford to cut that off.

Option 2.  I can't stand to think of what it would take to bring the people out of their slumber and to fight back.  Mass beheadings down Main Street, USA?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
That's just gross.

Yeah, and to act like that when you know you are on camera!  It's mind-boggling!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!