Author Topic: Bruce Jenner’s New Face: A Renowned Plastic Surgeon Explains Facial Feminization  (Read 3859 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/14/bruce-jenner-s-new-face-a-renowned-plastic-surgeon-explains-facial-feminization.html

Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD

FEMININITY
Bruce Jenner’s New Face: A Renowned Plastic Surgeon Explains Facial Feminization
What’s Facial Feminization? Is that what Bruce Jenner is doing? Leading Facial Feminization surgeon Dr. Jeffrey H. Spiegel explains.

It’s difficult to glance at a magazine rack, scan your favorite blog, or catch up on the headlines without hearing the “news” that famed Olympic athlete and reality television personality Bruce Jenner is transitioning into a woman. Jenner has not yet made this announcement directly—though his mother has acknowledged it—but people are already struggling to understand what such a transition means and why Mr. Jenner is starting to look more feminine. (Because Mr. Jenner has not yet openly identified as a woman I am using masculine pronouns. After such an announcement, of course, feminine terms are appropriate.)

Several months ago it was reported that Bruce had undergone surgery to reduce his Adam’s apple. He may have had a facelift and had his nose changed. Why?

It’s part of a process called facial feminization. When you look at a face, you instantly learn many things about the person you are seeing. You know their approximate age. You can often tell something about their ethnicity and health, and you can easily determine their mood (Happy? Angry?). You know if you recognize them or if they are a stranger, and you quickly determine if they are attractive or not. And, of course, you can tell if they are a man or a woman.

But, how do we do these things? How do we know if we are seeing a man or a woman? If a woman shaves her head we don’t mistake her for a man, and if a man has long hair and is wearing lipstick we don’t mistake him for a woman.

There are a number of facial features that our brains use to determine someone’s gender and they aren’t all obvious. Among these are facial shape and bone structure, eyebrow position, brightness around the eyes and mouth, nose shape, skin quality, hair patterns, and more.

Over more than a decade I’ve been studying how we determine gender and what makes a person beautiful. From my research and experience with well over a thousand transgendered women and thousands of non-transgendered women I’ve learned a number of things.

For starters, beauty isn’t only skin deep. It turns out that an attractive feminine face has certain bony characteristics. And, the most important of these is the shape of the brow bone.

The brow bone is the ridge of bone just over the eyes and under the eyebrows. Attractive women tend to have a fairly flat and vertical forehead with a relatively short distance between the eyebrows and the front of the hairline. The eyebrows have a delicate curve and rise above the top of the eye sockets. Masculine faces have a prominent brow ridge with more deeply set eyes framed by flatter and lower eyebrows.

Attractive women have full cheeks, which extend to the sides of and to the front of the lower rim of the eye socket. Why are these two features important? Women have brighter eyes then men. This is because they have cheeks that bounce light towards the eye and lack a strong bony visor of bone above their eyes that would shadow the eyes. Men have both this brow ridge shading the bone and a lack of full cheeks to bounce light towards the eyes. These bright eyes are such an important feature of an attractive feminine face that countless articles are written each year explaining how to use cosmetics to create bright, sparkling, sexy eyes.

We already know that women have a smaller Adam’s apple than men and that surgery exists to reduce the size of the Adam’s apple. (This has to be done very carefully to protect the person’s voice. I’ve written an article explaining to other facial plastic surgeon’s how to do this safely.) But how do we change the brow ridge and send light to the eyes?

There’s a procedure for that, too. It’s called a frontal cranioplasty and includes three parts. First, I reduce the size of the male forehead to create an attractive female shape to the forehead. This involves more than just removing excess bone, as we need to adjust the size of some of the sinuses and open up the eye sockets. As part of this procedure I bring the hairline forehead and round it to reduce the signs of male-pattern-baldness and I lift and shape the eyebrows. This procedure takes less than two hours and is safer than getting your tonsils removed. And, of all the facial procedures this tends to be the single most effective at feminizing and beautifying the face. If Bruce Jenner is serious about transitioning and presenting as an attractive woman, this procedure is a logical consideration.

What else needs to change? Men tend to have wider and heavier looking jaws and chins than women. This bone is also shaped to a more narrow and gentle appearance. To do this I access the bone through the inside of the mouth and make the necessary changes. This procedure is also very popular amongst Asian women as people in Korea and China, for example, are very aware of the attractive results obtained. I regularly have women come from the Far East for this procedure, and it is increasingly popular amongst people in the U.S. as well.

Looking feminine also involves looking young. A facelift may be part of that as well as an eyelift. You also need to have healthy looking and unblemished skin. Hormones can help but often chemical peels, laser treatments, and the most advanced skin creams also play a role.

One more important consideration is the lip. We all know that some people get their lips injected to appear larger, and if you watch the various Housewives shows you may see some who seem to have overdone this in their quest for beauty.

Full lips are attractive and feminine, but the real key is to have a short upper lip. That’s right – a short lip. Men, and older women, have lips that cover all or most of the upper teeth when they are at rest. Younger attractive women have a short lip with several visible bright teeth. (Look at photos of models in your favorite fashion magazine.)

One of the best ways to have a feminine attractive mouth is to have a “lip lift”. This quick office procedure shortens and reshapes the upper lip to a fuller and more attractive position. Many women, transgendered and not, find this greatly improves their femininity and beauty.

There’s more but this is a good start to understanding what goes into looking attractive and feminine. It’s not an issue of preference or fashion. Our brains have evolved to recognize these features as beautiful and it’s universal.

One of the most interesting things to realize is that these same facial feminization procedures that could help someone like Bruce Jenner to look more feminine if he chose to have them can also greatly improve the appearance of any woman.

After helping so many transgendered women to look like the beautiful women they know themselves to be, I’ve had so many non-transgendered women come see me to look their best. It’s nice to know that all women can benefit from the same approach of considering femininity in the analysis of beauty.

One last point: I don’t know if Bruce Jenner is in fact going to come out and say he is a transgender woman, but if he is transitioning I appreciate his courage and the courage all transgender women have who recognize who they are and don’t try to keep it hidden. Facial feminization is only one part of their journey, but when done correctly can help these women achieve their goal of womanhood.

Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD
Advanced Facial Aesthetics
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

After such an announcement, of course, feminine terms are appropriate.
No, they aren't. He'll still be male and "he" still will be the  appropriate pronoun.

How do we know if we are seeing a man or a woman?
This guy's a medical doctor and he's unfamiliar with chromosomes, let alone genitalia?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

I wonder if they smell like the new sex or if the old odor carries with them?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I wonder if they smell like the new sex or if the old odor carries with them?

Only one way to find out.  You first.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Only one way to find out.  You first.

Whichever one of you does find out first - report back!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

Ewww.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Female to Male trans smell right. Male to Female: not so much.

Don't ask.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

Thanks for that report EC.

We won't ask.   :whistle:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

OMG, EC.  The breadth of your knowledge is simply astounding.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Having done the 'transition' both ways a few times, I have to agree that the female to male is the easyest overall.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

Having done the 'transition' both ways a few times, I have to agree that the female to male is the easyest overall.

They have to take out more of your brain for that one, don't they?

:chairbang:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

You'd have to ask the 'funny girl' who posted this. I think what she was getting at is that guys are simple and chicks are complex. A woman can dumb herself down into acting like a guy, but a man can never possibly understand how a woman thinks and feels, regardless of how many hormones you pump into him.

But then again, I think it is more likely she is just goofing around.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Thanks for that report EC.

We won't ask.   :whistle:

Wife is in disagreement with me now. She says male to female smell sort of right but much more strongly than biological women, while female to male smell like exceptionally clean men. She thinks it's the size and number of sweat glands. I bow to her superior nose!

:tongue2:

No huge mystery - when we first got married the only place we could afford to live was in the red light district. Fair number of trans lived and worked there, so you got used to it. Throw in a few friends over the years that have transitioned ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

You'd have to ask the 'funny girl' who posted this. I think what she was getting at is that guys are simple and chicks are complex. A woman can dumb herself down into acting like a guy, but a man can never possibly understand how a woman thinks and feels, regardless of how many hormones you pump into him.

But then again, I think it is more likely she is just goofing around.

Yeah.  Actually, I think this plastic surgeon is trying to drum up more business from WOMEN than from MEN.  I suppose every aging cougar wants to look more like Ru Paul!

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Every time I have dated a tranny, I always go for the women who are becoming men. That way, even though it is still kind of pervy, at least it does not make me gay.

I think. Sort of...something like that...

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Ha ha, very funny.

Offline musiclady

I love the way your brain works, alice.....  :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

I know of a couple of men that have transitioned to women - neither were able to complete their transition because they couldn't afford to go the whole route - both of them are gay men.  ?  :shrug: ?

I also know a couple of drag queens that have had some work done.  They're big hams and they love the attention, plus they think it helps them win cash prizes for drag queen contests.  They are gay too.

I know several gay men fairly well - very good friends even.  Most of them are fascinated with making themselves up to look like glamorous women and most of them are just obsessed with women's breasts.  They want some of their own so bad!

I love my friends, I don't often agree with how they live their lives, but that is their business.  My gay friends are wonderful, giving and loving people.  They are pretty messed up though, when you get them to open up.  A lot of the ones I know had a father that was physically or emotionally absent when they were young.  I do think there is a connection there.  Most of them ADORE their mothers.

I think the problem with Bruce Jenner - is having to see all of those Kardasian women naked and stuff.  I can't imagine the things he has had to see.

**nononono*

Offline alicewonders

Every time I have dated a tranny, I always go for the women who are becoming men. That way, even though it is still kind of pervy, at least it does not make me gay.

I think. Sort of...something like that...

It's complicated, kind of.    :th_10444:

Offline alicewonders

I love the way your brain works, alice.....  :beer:

***cool cat***

Offline EdinVA

Geeezzz, TMI...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/02/16/report-bruce-jenner-knew-he-was-meant-to-be-a-woman-at-age-five/

by KELLI SERIO16 Feb 2015

After months of rumors that former Olympian Bruce Jenner is looking to transition into a woman, the reality TV star has reportedly informed family members that he has known he was meant to be a woman since he was five years old, reports TMZ.

Jenner has reportedly kept his “true self” hidden for more than 60 years, and even while taking home the gold medal in the decathlon at the 1976 Summer Olympics, the former AP Male Athlete of the Year was a woman in his own mind.

While he has been open with his children about his planned changes, Jenner has “never been female” around his children, a family source told TMZ, and has never worn female clothing in front of them.

In January, it was announced Jenner would be undergoing cross-hormone therapy in order to become a woman. He is supposedly also documenting his “journey” through a series, planned for television.

An unnamed family source spoke at the time of Jenner’s changing appearance and his future plans.

“He is finally happy and his family is accepting of what he’s doing.” The source said, “He’s in such a great space. That’s why it’s the perfect time to do something like this.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Good grief. I don't believe this at all.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
What a crock. 
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline alicewonders

Good grief. I don't believe this at all.

I think this, like everything this "family" does, is calculated for maximum publicity - which translates to $$$money$$$ for these people.  It wouldn't surprise me if Bruce was doing this for money.  They're all crazy.