Author Topic: Oooh, Beat Me 50 Shades of Black and Blue  (Read 801 times)

rangerrebew

Oooh, Beat Me 50 Shades of Black and Blue
« on: February 15, 2015, 02:29:34 pm »

Oooh, Beat Me 50 Shades of Black and Blue

by Betty Butter • 15 February, 2015 • Culture • 2 Comments

From Townhall by Mark Davis:

The electricity fairly crackles.

Millions of supposedly self-respecting women are poised to breeze into movie theaters this weekend to immerse themselves in the filth that is “50 Shades of Grey.”

If there is anything more depressing than that, it is the playful clucking of media anticipation, taking the tone that this is just a fun fantasy ride, just a flight of fancy, two hours of escape.

It is more than that. It is evidence of a damaged society, a nation that thinks it is just swell to celebrate the story of a predatory billionaire punk who victimizes a tragically vulnerable woman for his own sick entertainment.

I can hear the condescending cackles of the oh-so-knowing cultural mainstream, many with Fandango receipts already in hand, poised to mock any who dare to suggest this is cultural rot. But “50 Shades” is a far cry in substance and intent from the occasional edgy book or film that contains sexual or violent passages along the path of an otherwise meritorious plot.

Is there one consumer of the E.L. James book or the Samantha Taylor-Johnson film who can say with a straight face that either would have made a peep in the marketplace without prurient content?

The lascivious appeal is what drove the book sales, and it will drive the opening weekend of box office receipts, charmingly timed for Valentine’s Day. Because what complements Valentine’s Day like a twisted story of an abusive relationship?

Even more disheartening than the smuttiness of this exercise are the poisonous messages it offers about sex. Count off the lessons from a film to be consumed by proud American women this weekend:

— Soulless sadism is hot;

—If the sadist is attractive and wealthy, his violent appetites will be met with approval;

—Such self-absorbed victimizers can force themselves on young, innocent women, and it is kind of awesome;

—Women should tolerate such sexual violence, even find a way to develop a taste for it. After all, maybe you can change him.

Movies filled with tawdry sex will come and go, their worst sins amounting to mere mindless devotion to graphic visuals. This is far worse. This is an attack on virtuous manhood and a celebration of bad choices by women.

And the pathetic thing is, the liberated throngs knocking back a few Pinots in their pre-film tailgate parties neither know nor care.

So enjoy, ladies. Thrill to the imagery of Christian Grey as he beats a college-age girl for his jollies. Imagine yourselves in the pumps of Anastasia Steele as she endures his abuse.

He’s got some great points. And could it be that since women now expected to make their way in the world just like men, compete with men, be just as aggressive and dominating as men, is there, perhaps a pent up desire to be women again, to be submissive, because many women are naturally submissive (sometimes too submissive)? Just a thought.

Women have gotten themselves into the wrong box and are trying to figure a way out of it.

Read more at http://blurbrain.com/oooh-beat-50-shades-black-blue/#UARIW7qbzOV5fJul.99
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:30:12 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Oooh, Beat Me 50 Shades of Black and Blue
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 02:45:30 pm »
Of course, if you tried to do that in real life, it's called rape. Remember "no means no?" But having lots of money means it's far less likely she'll say no, doesn't it?

I am reminded of the words of the apostle Paul in his treatise to the Romans:

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and traded the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed animals, and creeping things. Therefore God also gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason, God gave them up to vile passions. For their women changed the natural function into that which is against nature.

Prophetic, isn't it?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Oooh, Beat Me 50 Shades of Black and Blue
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 07:31:53 pm »
Releasing this movie on Valentines Day weekend, makes as much sense as releasing a new Exorcist  movie on Christmas Day.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn