Author Topic: Obama intends to 'run through the tape'  (Read 316 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama intends to 'run through the tape'
« on: February 14, 2015, 01:15:15 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/232857-obama-intends-to-run-through-the-tape

February 13, 2015, 08:28 pm
Obama intends to 'run through the tape'
By Meghashyam Mali

President Obama says he is ready to "run through the tape" to promote his agenda during his final two years in office.

"I've only got two years left, but two years is a long time," the president told Democratic supporters at a fundraiser in San Francisco on Friday. "Two years is also the time in which we are going to be setting the stage for the next presidential election and the next 10 years of American policy.

"So I intend to run through the tape and work really hard and squeeze every last little bit of change and improvement in the lives of ordinary Americans and middle class Americans that I can," he continued.
At the fundraiser, Obama acknowledged the drubbing Democrats suffered in the 2014 election, calling it a "very challenging midterm."

But the president noted that two-thirds of eligible voters didn’t turnout and attributed that to cynicism with Washington.

"Part of the challenge is that people have felt so cynical about government for so long," he said.

Obama said he hoped to "restore a sense of possibility in our politics and in our government'' and would confront those "practicing the worst type of cynical politics.''

The fundraiser for the Democratic National Committee was held at the home of donors Sandy and Jeanne Robertson. According to the DNC, 60 people attended, each contributing at least $10,000.

It was the first fundraiser for Obama in the 2016 cycle.

The president earlier today in Silicon Valley signed a new executive order to boost the sharing of cyber threats between business and the government. The event also gave him the opportunity to mend ties with the tech industry amid disagreements over government surveillance.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34