Author Topic: “People have absolutely no idea how competitive I am.” Sean Hannity  (Read 665 times)

Offline Politics4us

" A simmering, powerful desire to win lurks just beneath the surface of Hannity’s gee-whiz, Boy Scout persona. “People have absolutely no idea how competitive I am,” he admits.

He’s not kidding. As his Atlanta ratings feud with Boortz escalated, Hannity devised ruthless methods to defeat his rival.

“Every morning, Neal would promote his show around 6:15. He would give the whole thing away; topics, everything. So I’d listen, then track down the hot guests involved with all of his topics and book them on my show. Neal didn’t really do guests, so by the time we both went on the air, listeners could choose between hearing Boortz ranting about something, or Hannity, who was actually interviewing the newsmakers. We burned him every single day, and I took pride in it,” Hannity explains, unable to disguise his residual relish."

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/elisabethmeinecke/2012/06/20/just_how_competitive_is_sean_hannity

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: “People have absolutely no idea how competitive I am.” Sean Hannity
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 12:40:01 am »
I like Hannity and try to listen to him. But I find myself frequently turning off the radio lately. I cannot take his 5 point plan one more time. I get it. I understand it. But he talks about it once or more a day, it seems, and I am worn out on it.

He has started, over the last year, talking more and more about himself. I, do this, or I, believe that, and what I, would have done, and on and on. And that is fine. But I am not really interested in his personal habits, his workout schedule, his relationship with his wife, or how he treats his children. I mean, he presents it as 'insight', but it is in reality thinly veiled braggadocio and self aggrandizement.

And lately, his show has become so commercial laden that he folds it into his commentary. Hey! You have a wife don't you? (this is at the end of a serious interview, btw) Well don't you want to buy your wife flowers!? and on and on

[click] off goes the radio.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 12:41:05 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 12:46:27 am »
I like Hannity and try to listen to him. But I find myself frequently turning off the radio lately. I cannot take his 5 point plan one more time. I get it. I understand it. But he talks about it once or more a day, it seems, and I am worn out on it.

He has started, over the last year, talking more and more about himself. I, do this, or I, believe that, and what I, would have done, and on and on. And that is fine. But I am not really interested in his personal habits, his workout schedule, his relationship with his wife, or how he treats his children. I mean, he presents it as 'insight', but it is in reality thinly veiled braggadocio and self aggrandizement.

And lately, his show has become so commercial laden that he folds it into his commentary. Hey! You have a wife don't you? (this is at the end of a serious interview, btw) Well don't you want to buy your wife flowers!? and on and on

[click] off goes the radio.

That's a sure sign a radio personality has achieved big-time radio success.

I can only listen to the first segment of the show. The rest wears me down.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 12:52:46 am »
Me too. He presents his "5 point plan" like a ShamWow commercial, over and over and over. And he really does sound like he is setting himself up to run for some office somewhere.

It is his words that give it away. When something happens that he does not like, he does not say, "A better way to have done this is A..B..C.

Instead, what he says is, "What I would have done is I would have A..B..C.

That seems to me to be indirectly running for office.

But he is still fine, I guess, in spurts. His good program is really good. His bad program is terrible, you cannot listen to it.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 12:55:08 am »
Hannity has been doing those things for years. I've never liked his radio show. He tries to portray himself as the ideal family man etc. He uses guests to beat the competition.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 12:57:03 am »
Yeah, Sean. But boatloads of us have absolutely an idea of how stupid you are.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 01:03:25 am »
I think that most of these radio personalities have helped tremendously the cause of conservatism/libertarianism and a greater understanding of the constitution as the framers intended it to be understood—and not how pointy-headed liberal professors have distorted the meanings within the constitution. Poor sentence structure, but you understand what I mean.

Rush, Hannity, Levin. It's all good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 01:09:40 am »
I think that most of these radio personalities have helped tremendously the cause of conservatism/libertarianism and a greater understanding of the constitution as the framers intended it to be understood—and not how pointy-headed liberal professors have distorted the meanings within the constitution. Poor sentence structure, but you understand what I mean.

Rush, Hannity, Levin. It's all good.

I'm more of Michael Medved fan...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 01:22:53 am »
Well, if we are discussing general radio, my favorite is Coast to Coast AM. It is a fun show to listen to, for me. I'm not wearing tin foil, and I do not buy into most of the stuff they say, but in an inexplicable way, which I cannot readily explain, it is interesting to me.

It makes me think, about things I would not have ever considered.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 01:24:00 am by 240B »