Author Topic: Obama's National Security Strategy: Fight Global Warming and Promote "Gay Rights"  (Read 330 times)

rangerrebew

Obama's National Security Strategy: Fight Global Warming and Promote "Gay Rights"

Posted on February 9, 2015 by Philip Hodges — 24 Comments

According to National Security Advisor Susan Rice, part of Obama’s national security strategy is to fight global warming and ensure “equality” for homosexuals.

I’m not sure how this is going to help with our national security, but then again, I’m not privy to all the “intelligence” that the Obama administration is. Maybe they know something that I don’t about how to protect our nation from outside threats and attacks.

When I think of national security, I think of intelligence, knowing what enemies are planning, what they’re capable of; I think of soldiers; top-of-the-line military technology and weaponry that are capable of repelling any kind of attack. I don’t think of manmade global warming; nor do I think of homosexuality. I guess that makes me “anti-science” and “homophobic.” CNS News reported:

Speaking at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C., on Friday, White House National Security Advisor Susan Rice described the terrorist threat from radical Islam as “violent extremism” and said part of President Barack Obama’s national security strategy is fighting “the very real threat of climate change” and promoting gay rights.

Rice’s remarks followed the release on Friday of Obama’s 2015 National Security Strategy, which updates a similar document released by the White House in 2010.

While saying the radical Islamic group ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) is an offshoot of al Qaeda and that the United States is committed to “countering the corrosive ideology of violent extremism,” Rice called for a “sense of perspective” when assessing that threat.

“Too often, what’s missing here in Washington is a sense of perspective,” Rice said. “Yes, there is a lot going on.

“Still, while the dangers we face may be more numerous and varied, they are not of the existential nature we confronted during World War II or during the Cold War,” Rice said. “We cannot afford to be buffeted by alarmism in a nearly instantaneous news cycle.”

In her remarks, Rice listed other threats to U.S. security, including “the very real threat of climate change” and the necessity of promoting equality for homosexuals.

“American leadership is addressing the very real threat of climate change,” Rice said. “The science is clear.

“The impacts of climate change will only worsen over time,” Rice said. “Even longer droughts; more severe storms; more forced migration.

“So we’re making smart decisions today that will pay off for generations,” Rice said.

Equality for homosexuals is also a focus of the 2015 National Security Strategy, Rice said, by first addressing equality based on gender and then citing the rights of people who oppose gender classification.

This is what you call pandering. No one can honestly believe that promoting homosexuality or trying to change the weather has anything at all to do with national security. They’ve got to pay lip service to the homosexual lobby and the green lobby, even though those causes have nothing to do with security.

They might as well bring up animal rights. It would fit right in. “Part of the President’s national security strategy is promoting equal rights for animals and protecting them from abuse in such instances as dog-fighting rings, and also ensuring suitable farm conditions in which animals can live.” PETA would be happy.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/10006/obamas-national-security-strategy-fight-global-warming-promote-gay-rights/#DH5mgiIlX4ksTwR7.99