Author Topic: Michelle Obama’s Personal Fight Against Boxed Macaroni And Cheese  (Read 795 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/09/michelle-obamas-personal-fight-against-boxed-macaroni-and-cheese/

by Charlie Spiering9 Feb 201520

Celebrating the fifth anniversary of “Let’s Move!” First Lady Michelle Obama explains to Cooking Light magazine that she had to get empowered in her own household to eliminate processed food.

Part of that experience was her personal fight against boxed macaroni and cheese, which, she admits, her kids loved.

At the time, her chef friend Sam Kass explained that boxed macaroni and cheese wasn’t “real food” and so the family shouldn’t eat it.

“My kids loved the macaroni and cheese in a box,” she explained. “And he said, if it’s not real food then we’re not going to do it.”

She recalled that Kass told her oldest daughter Malia that if she could take a block of cheese and turn it into powder, he would use it for their food.

“She sat there for 30 minutes trying to pulverize a block of cheese into dust. I mean, she was really focused on it, and it just didn’t work, so she had to give up,” she said. “And from then on, we stopped eating macaroni and cheese out of a box, because cheese dust is not food, as was the moral of that story.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Michelle Obama’s Personal Fight Against Boxed Macaroni And Cheese
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 08:11:59 pm »

Let's make Macaroni and Cheese illegal and bomb the Kraft factory, shall we?

Will that make Michelle happy?     **nononono*
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:12:22 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 09:12:40 pm »
She recalled that Kass told her oldest daughter Malia that if she could take a block of cheese and turn it into powder, he would use it for their food.

“She sat there for 30 minutes trying to pulverize a block of cheese into dust. I mean, she was really focused on it, and it just didn’t work, so she had to give up,” she said. “And from then on, we stopped eating macaroni and cheese out of a box, because cheese dust is not food, as was the moral of that story.”

Sure Malia did that. Maybe it wasn't Malia Michelle? it was Brian Williams.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 09:15:53 pm »
It isn't real food, eh? How does one define "real food," anyway? How would the Mooch classify haggis?

Anyone so stupid as to require Sam Kass - or anyone else - to tell her what to eat is too stupid to tell me what to eat.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 09:17:46 pm »
Anyone so stupid as to require Sam Kass - or anyone else - to tell her what to eat is too stupid to tell me what to eat.

:silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 09:22:17 pm »
I guess Sam Kass doesn't know it's possible to dehydrate foods - and that pounding at it like Malia allegedly did is not how it's done. In any event, I now shall taunt the Mooch with a photo of Kraft macaroni and (dehydrated) cheese. Go away, or I shall taunt you again!

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 09:24:22 pm »
I eat cheese in two forms:
Cheetos (fried)
Pizza, mozz ONLY!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 09:26:24 pm »
If I remember correctly they have mac and cheese every Christmas on their White House dinner menu.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 09:32:51 pm »
If I remember correctly they have mac and cheese every Christmas on their White House dinner menu.
Ah, yes, but that's Sam Kass's version, featuring the finest of imported fromages.

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 09:39:12 pm »
Ah, yes, but that's Sam Kass's version, featuring the finest of imported fromages.
Yep!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 09:52:56 pm »
I guess Sam Kass doesn't know it's possible to dehydrate foods - and that pounding at it like Malia allegedly did is not how it's done. In any event, I now shall taunt the Mooch with a photo of Kraft macaroni and (dehydrated) cheese. Go away, or I shall taunt you again!

Yer makin me hongry, mountaineer!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 10:21:19 pm »

:silly:

Cheesy pasta. Run away!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 10:24:01 pm »

Yum....just squirt a little Sirachi sauce on it!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald