Author Topic: Michelle Obama ‘Confident’ Kids Will ‘Eventually’ Be Brainwashed Into Liking Crappy School Lunches  (Read 881 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/232137-first-lady-kids-will-eventually-embrace-new-school-lunches

By Justin Sink - 02/09/15 09:05 AM EST
First lady Michelle Obama is “confident” that controversial changes to school lunch programs undertaken after her lobbying will “eventually be embraced by kids.”

In an interview with Cooking Light magazine to mark the fifth anniversary of her Let’s Move initiative, the first lady says that she sees the effort as “generational.” Eventually, Obama argues, schools will be filled with children who never knew meals that did not conform to new nutritional standards. http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking-101/michelle-obama-interview
“We’re really thinking about the kids who are kindergartners today,” Obama said. “If all they know are whole grains and vegetables, by the time they’re graduating from high school, this will be their norm; they won’t know anything different.”

The new rules have not gone over well with all students, who have tweeted out unsavory images of their lunches with the hashtag #thanksmichelleobama.

Jess Sency @Jess_Sency
Follow
Yum school lunches #thanksmichelleobama
9:52 AM - 18 Nov 2014

Lunches are now required to abide by tougher standards on sodium, whole grains, and the inclusion of fruits and vegetables. Snacks sold in school vending machines also be less than 200 calories, have less than 35 percent saturated fat, and have zero grams of trans fat.

The swap has also given additional ammunition to congressional Republicans, who are pushing the administration to allow some schools to opt out of new, stricter school lunch requirements. The GOP lawmakers say the new regulations are driving lunch costs up too high for schools, and that children aren't eating food they don't like.

In a budget deal struck last year, Republicans were successful in rolling back some standards on the use of whole grains and sodium.

The first lady said acknowledged that change was “hard,” especially on an issue like food.

“Food is really personal,” Obama said. “So when you’re telling people to rethink their dietary habits that they’ve lived with all their lives, it’s really personal.”

But, the first lady said, parents and educators can help by delivering “a message of change that’s positive, that’s not accusatory, it’s uplifting, it’s fun, and it doesn’t place blame.”

And Obama is confident the program will pay dividends down the road.

“These kids will be acclimated to different tastes, and then they’ll go into college with that set of information and those skills and those norms,” she said. “And hopefully they’ll become the voices of their generation for how to eat and live and build a quality life.

“We’re looking at those kids, and when they start to raise their own kids and they start passing on those habits to the next generation,” she said.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

“We’re really thinking about the kids who are kindergartners today,”
  Yep, hitler youth comes to mind. Get the children and you have them for life.

Offline mountaineer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Starving people "eventually" embrace eating rats, cockroaches and shoe leather.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/10/michelle-obama-confident-kids-will-eventually-be-brainwashed-into-liking-crappy-school-lunches/

Michelle Obama ‘Confident’ Kids Will ‘Eventually’ Be Brainwashed Into Liking Crappy School Lunches
Posted By Eric Owens On 9:58 AM 02/10/2015 In | No Comments

In a hard-hitting interview for the March issue of Cooking Light magazine, first lady Michelle Obama promised that the deeply unpopular Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act she has long championed is a “generational” effort that America will eventually see as an historic dietary triumph.

“I’m confident that the school lunch changes will eventually be embraced by kids,” the first lady told Cooking Light. “Because we’re really thinking about the kids who are kindergartners today. If all they know are whole grains and vegetables, by the time they’re graduating from high school, this will be their norm; they won’t know anything different.”

Obama’s strategy is to start food indoctrination at a very young age.

“These kids are starting from nursery school, getting whole grains and fish and brown rice,” she declared.

“We’re looking at that kid going through high school and then entering college with a whole new set of habits and taste buds,” the first lady also proclaimed. “These kids will be acclimated to different tastes, and then they’ll go into college with that set of information and those skills and those norms. And hopefully they’ll become the voices of their generation for how to eat and live and build a quality life.”

Thus far, kids in America’s public, taxpayer-funded schools are failing to cooperate with Obama’s ambitious dietary plans — in massive droves.

Here are a few of the unappetizing food items posted on Twitter already this week by famished, miserable American public school students along with the hashtag #thanksmichelleobama:

Mackenzie Kelly @mkelly007
Follow
My daughter's lunch today. #ThanksMichelleObama
11:00 AM - 9 Feb 2015

riss @narissariley_
Follow
as an athlete I need at least 3000 calories a day. this is no where close #ThanksMichelleObama
10:16 AM - 9 Feb 2015

Good grayer than my future. #ThanksMichelleObama pic.twitter.com/gHmNZ5FVub

— Kage Brubaker |-/ (@kmbb15) February 9, 2015

Laura @Miss_Laura_39
Follow
Doughy rolls, yumm!!!!! #ThanksMichelleObama
12:29 PM - 9 Feb 2015

Under the complex “Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act” legislation, which has long been a signature issue for the first lady, participating schools take federal money but must stringently limit the number of calories and the amount of sugar, fat and sodium in every morsel of food sold at schools. Also, in what presumably falls outside the hunger-free aspect of the act, there are calorie caps.

Some school districts — particularly wealthier ones — have opted out of the healthy-lunch regime and the federal dollars that come with it.

America’s fancypants private schools are also not subject to the legislation.

For example, this week’s menu at Sidwell Friends School, the school attended by first daughters Malia and Sasha, looks mouthwateringly delicious.

The scrumptious, bountiful Wednesday, Feb. 11 lunch menu for both the middle school and the upper school at Sidwell Friends is:

Unstuffed Pepper Soup; Panzanella Salad; Curried Quinoa Salad with Mango; Garlic & Fennel Marinated Chicken Sandwich; Polenta Gratin with Mushrooms and Fontina; Steamed Broccoli; Baked Idaho Wedges; Sliced Pineapple

To be clear: This menu is for a single day, not the entire week.

Tuition at the Washington, D.C. private school is $36,264 per year (but that includes a hot lunch).

In June, in an equally hard-hitting interview in Parade magazine, President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama suggested that they are actively searching for dead-end, low-paying jobs for their two daughters so the teenagers can appreciate the quiet desperation that millions of Americans experience.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:34:15 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

In June, in an equally hard-hitting interview in Parade magazine, President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama suggested that they are actively searching for dead-end, low-paying jobs for their two daughters so the teenagers can appreciate the quiet desperation that millions of Americans experience.
:chairbang:

Offline aligncare

Children need lots of protein and fats to fuel anabolism, and carbohydrates for energy. These typical school lunches under Maddam Obama seem inadequate to those needs.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Maybe we should bring back recess if we want kids to stop getting fat. Kids aren't allowed to do much but sit and eat because the school is terrified of getting sued.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline NavyCanDo

My 13-year old confirms, the lunches shown in the photos above, are no exaggeration.  He refuses to buy lunch, and I don’t blame him one bit.  Inmates in prison get fed better.

I use to love the lunches we were served in the 1960s and 1970s. It was a real treat when my mom let us buy.  I could fill the page here, with a list of my favorites.  In fact there are web sites and forums devoted to the subject of school lunches, back in the day.

They are so worried by overweight kids, that the skinny kids like my son (bottom 5% in weight) get passed by.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:00:13 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mountaineer