Author Topic: Gen. Michael Flynn: Radical Islamic Enemy Has Doubled in 10 Years  (Read 9617 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Gen. Michael Flynn: Radical Islamic Enemy Has Doubled in 10 Years
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2015, 04:11:29 pm »
Dex wrote above:
[[ We knew who the enemy was in WW2. ]]

Thoughtful people in The West "know who the enemy is" today.

I sense you know that as well, and that you're only trying to disrupt the argument here.

(That's what should be expected from a liberal/leftist, and from my experience on this forum I've seen little that dissuades me from believing you are anything but one.)

When I say we don't know who the enemy is what I mean is when you actually go over to the Middle East there is no way to tell who is an extremist and who is a peaceful civilian; they look the same. Obviously the "enemy" is extremism in Islam, but they don't typically wear uniforms that make it easy for us to single them out. I don't believe it is a war that can be won without genocide.

(There are no words in the English language that could accurately express how unconcerned I am with your opinion about what my political label is.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:13:13 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2015, 04:16:53 pm »
Do you believe that if we kill enough Muslims with indiscriminate destruction in the Middle East they will eventually change their minds and extremism in Islam will go away?

Once again, a phony argument that doesn't respond to the points/truth in my post.

Try again.

Don't use the word "indiscriminate" because it is a false argument.  I never said anything about 'indiscriminate bombings' and you know it.

And address the real issue that the people of Japan were also a danger to our soldiers.  (Convenient how you always ignore the core of the argument to perpetuate your endless straw dogs).

Start over with real debate and not faux arguments..... and I will continue to respond to your posts with real debate.

See if you can do it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:17:30 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2015, 04:26:57 pm »
Once again, a phony argument that doesn't respond to the points/truth in my post.

Try again.

Don't use the word "indiscriminate" because it is a false argument.  I never said anything about 'indiscriminate bombings' and you know it.

And address the real issue that the people of Japan were also a danger to our soldiers.  (Convenient how you always ignore the core of the argument to perpetuate your endless straw dogs).

Start over with real debate and not faux arguments..... and I will continue to respond to your posts with real debate.

See if you can do it.

Indiscriminate destruction is a foregone conclusion if we are truly going to end Islamic extremism. Others here have already agreed with that method; I was simply asking if you do too. When we are unable to separate the good guys from the bad guys the only option we have if we are insistent on killing the bad guys is to kill everybody, and we will have to kill everybody, because the more devastation we cause the more people will join the extremists. I didn't respond to your assertion that the entirety of Japan wanted us dead because it was utterly and completely wrong, and I knew that there was no point in trying to convince you of that. Just as there are people of all opinions and stances in the United States, the same is/was true in Japan and Germany.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:34:01 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2015, 04:32:57 pm »
Indiscriminate destruction is a foregone conclusion if we are truly going to end Islamic extremism. Others here have already agreed with that method; I was simply asking if you do too. When we are unable to separate the good guys from the bad guys the only option we have if we are insistent on killing the bad guys is to kill everybody, and we will have to kill everybody, because the more devastation we cause the more people will join the extremists.

What is your definition of a "good guy" over there?
What is your definition of a "bad guy" over there?

Offline Dexter

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2015, 04:35:12 pm »
What is your definition of a "good guy" over there?
What is your definition of a "bad guy" over there?

The good guys are the ones that want to live peacefully.

The bad guys are the ones that spread terror and destruction.

I'd like you to answer the same question.
-Socrates

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2015, 04:42:24 pm »
Scott wrote above:
[[ Yes, because the only outcome is them doing just that to us.
You may be interested in suicide for the moral high ground. I am not. ]]

Thanks, Scott, for being brave enough to speak the truth in a public forum. I sense that others in this forum believe as much, but "hold back" in their posts. Kudos to you for expressing the frankness that those of The West -must- acquire if we are to win.

There is no moral high ground in an existential struggle for one's own life. One does what one must to survive.

So it will go with The West, even though we are both unwilling and unable to face up to that reality as of yet.

But make no mistake -- that time WILL arrive, eventually. It may be decades; or it may be only a few more years. Like a great wave before us, the reality of the enemy will rise up so high, that even someone like Dex will no longer be able to turn away from it, to cynically deny it as he does in most of his posts here.

We won in World War II because we were willing to do what was necessary to win. I daresay that even the threat of that time pales in comparison to that The West faces today.

There are many times when maintaining the "moral high ground" is essential to preserving western decorum and principles. But there are also those times when such high ground is without meaning, and when continuing to grasp it can result in nothing but defeat.

The struggle we are in was not and will not be defined by us, and we cannot arbitrarily set the rules of conduct. Our enemy will neither respect nor be hamstrung by moral restraints. It's (more correctly, I should use the term "his", because islam's putsch for world control is in the name of one man) goal is clear, was made clear by its creator 1400 years ago, and he established the means and methods by which such dominance would be achieved.

islam (not "islamic terrorists", but simply islam) will do whatever is necessary to win, use whatever tools it has at its disposal to win. And the "toolbox" available to them is soon going to become considerably more potent.

As to what will be required to defeat it, or at least dissuade it, I have my ideas.

Primary among them is that we must first demonstrate to them that their "god" is a false one, and that the idol they bow towards is false (and we must do so by physically destroying the "object" of such idolatry).

Next, we must find within the intestinal fortitude to realize that not all humans "are alike", and we must shuck off our misguided notions of "egalitarianism" and "equality", and once more embrace the superiority of Western culture and be willing to defend it as such. We must again become PROUD to defend it, without the "guilt" westerners have shed like rain since the victory of World War II.

Having achieved that, we must view the world "on islamic terms", and recognize the two "spheres" that exist from the islamic viewpoint: that of "dar al-harb" and "dar al-islam". And upon such recognition, we must then return all those who follow the precepts of muhammad to dar al-islam, where they belong, and where they can no longer poison The West.

Once accomplished, we must then prevent dar al-islam from threatening The West by cutting it off from the world, by building an effective "sarcophagus" around it as the Soviets built one around the exploded Chernobyl reactor. We must encase islam in such an enclosure until the hatred and fires of muhammed can burn themselves out within. If this takes centuries, so be it.

These actions are necessary if The West has a chance at "winning".

Do you recall a statement attributed to Abraham Lincoln before (or very early into) the War Between the States? I believe Mr. Lincoln said that if he could preserve the Union by freeing none of the slaves, he would do it. If he could do so by freeing some of the slaves, he would do so. Or if he could preserve the Union by freeing ALL of the slaves, he would do that too.

The point is, Lincoln knew what the goal must be -- the preservation of the Union. And he was prepared to do whatever was required to achieve it.

Told you that to tell you this:
Next time someone poses the question here (such as Dex is likely to raise), "how many muslims will we have to kill to win?" -- just remind them of Abraham Lincoln...

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2015, 04:43:18 pm »
The good guys are the ones that want to live peacefully.

The bad guys are the ones that spread terror and destruction.

I'd like you to answer the same question.

Ok, we are getting somewhere...
If you join an organization that agrees/promotes sharia law, and all it entails, but you just don't shoot at anyone, then you are a good guy?
You can hang 14 year old rape victims, stone a woman to death simply because she walked to the store alone to get bread for dinner and you are a good guy because you did not shoot anyone?

Dex, we simply have different definitions of what defines a good guy.... that is all..

Offline Dexter

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2015, 04:46:05 pm »
There is no moral high ground in an existential struggle for one's own life. One does what one must to survive.

What means do the Muslims have to completely destroy our way of life? If they do not possess such means as we speak then according to the definition of the words they do not represent an existential threat. Them wanting our absolute destruction does not make them an existential threat. They have to plausibly be able to kill all of us for that to be true, and they can't, so it's not true.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 04:49:12 pm »
Indiscriminate destruction is a foregone conclusion if we are truly going to end Islamic extremism. Others here have already agreed with that method; I was simply asking if you do too. When we are unable to separate the good guys from the bad guys the only option we have if we are insistent on killing the bad guys is to kill everybody, and we will have to kill everybody, because the more devastation we cause the more people will join the extremists. I didn't respond to your assertion that the entirety of Japan wanted us dead because it was utterly and completely wrong, and I knew that there was no point in trying to convince you of that. Just as there are people of all opinions and stances in the United States, the same is/was true in Japan and Germany.

I asked you to debate the point I made, not concoct yet another phony argument, or include what "others here" have said.

The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not "indiscriminate."

The people of Japan were indeed prepared to kill American troops, which is part of the reason we avoided invading Japan.  What you've 'learned' in your 'education' is in error.

Once again, you've proven your complete inability to debate factually, and separate the people you apparently believe are a mindless mass.

You are debating individuals, and ought to be able to distinguish between posters.

The only conclusion to draw is that it is your arrogance that doesn't allow you to debate properly, and your ignorance of history that doesn't allow you to debate accurately.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Dexter

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 04:51:01 pm »
Ok, we are getting somewhere...
If you join an organization that agrees/promotes sharia law, and all it entails, but you just don't shoot at anyone, then you are a good guy?
You can hang 14 year old rape victims, stone a woman to death simply because she walked to the store alone to get bread for dinner and you are a good guy because you did not shoot anyone?

Dex, we simply have different definitions of what defines a good guy.... that is all..

Living in an area with Sharia law does not make one complicit in everything it entails. For a lot of people that's just the way it is, and they don't want to put their families at risk by speaking out against it. That doesn't make somebody a bad person. Despite how fearful people are, though, change still is happening, albeit slowly. 
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2015, 04:53:52 pm »
I asked you to debate the point I made, not concoct yet another phony argument, or include what "others here" have said.

The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not "indiscriminate."

The people of Japan were indeed prepared to kill American troops, which is part of the reason we avoided invading Japan.  What you've 'learned' in your 'education' is in error.

Once again, you've proven your complete inability to debate factually, and separate the people you apparently believe are a mindless mass.

You are debating individuals, and ought to be able to distinguish between posters.

The only conclusion to draw is that it is your arrogance that doesn't allow you to debate properly, and your ignorance of history that doesn't allow you to debate accurately.

I didn't clump you in with a mindset; I asked you if you shared it. Fighting extremist Islam is an unwinnable war unless we are prepared to kill millions indiscriminately. Do you agree with this? If not, how else can we win? 
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2015, 04:58:04 pm »
I didn't clump you in with a mindset; I asked you if you shared it. Fighting extremist Islam is an unwinnable war unless we are prepared to kill millions indiscriminately. Do you agree with this? If not, how else can we win?

Go back to my post and respond to what I said.  You keep repeating your meme ad nauseum, but the points I made were not related to your prefab talking points.

Try again.

I'll be back to see if you can improve your weak debating skills......

Offline Dexter

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2015, 05:01:04 pm »
Go back to my post and respond to what I said.  You keep repeating your meme ad nauseum, but the points I made were not related to your prefab talking points.

Try again.

I'll be back to see if you can improve your weak debating skills......

If you answer my questions you can make a numbered list of the points you think I avoided and I will individually respond to all of them.

EDIT: I won't be back until later tonight.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:24:29 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline aligncare

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2015, 06:59:10 pm »
What then is to be done with people and leaders of Muslim nations currently engaged in fighting ISIS? Many are beginning to step up to challenging the extremists.

Are they friend or foe of the West? How will we dispose of King Abdullah and the Jordanians? President Abdel Fattah El Sisi of Egypt, among others, once the Holy War has begun.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2015, 07:12:12 pm »
aligncare wonders above:
[[ What then is to be done with the people and leaders of Muslim nations currently engaged in fighting ISIS? They are beginning to step up. Are they friend or foe of the West? ]]

That's a good question.
It's more than that, it's a tough question.

I see no problems with aiding those who are struggling against isis, such as Jordan is doing now.

However, what will become more important is how those same nations behave AFTER a group such as isis is defeated. Will they remain non-threatening towards The West?

For an example, look no further than Turkey. Ataturk created a Turkey that was "secular" by comparison to other islamic nations, it remained so for decades, and it was viewed by The West as an ally. However, Turkey seems to be abandoning the principles of secularism and is moving towards becoming an "islamic nation", just as the rest of them are.

Also consider Saudi Arabia. Do you regard the Saudis to be "our friends"? I certainly don't. Fifteen of the nineteen September 11th hijackers were Saudi, and there lately seems to be news that reveals a large amount of the funding for bin Laden's operation came from Saudi Arabia. Although they may appear as allies, these people are NOT "our friends" and their ultimate goal is that of Wahabbism.

I don't believe The West should consider ANY islamic nation to be "a friend of The West". Not now, not ever. It is not the national boundaries, nor who sits in the government within those boundaries that matters. What matters is that an islamic nation -- ANY islamic nation -- is but a part of a larger entity, dar al-islam.

And, according to islamic teaching, dar al-islam and dar al-harb are two separate and distinct orbs. In islam, one represents "peace" and the other, "struggle".

We must never forget which side of that dividing line we are on...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:14:06 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2015, 07:13:59 pm »
If you answer my questions you can make a numbered list of the points you think I avoided and I will individually respond to all of them.

EDIT: I won't be back until later tonight.

I actually already answered some of your pre-fab questions, even though they didn't relate to what I said in my post.

When you come back tonight, try to avoid the use of the words "indiscriminate bombings," since it bears no relation to anything I've said, nor anything I think.

See if you can handle debating what people really say, Dex.

No imaginary arguments against things which have not been said.

Kay??

Offline aligncare

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2015, 07:44:34 pm »
To no one in particular.

Saudi Arabia, Qatar and UAE is the modern (if I can use that word) seat of Wahhabism.

Wahhabis who preach violent Islamic hegemony should be hunted down like Nazis. If they are Islamic supremacists, then they are enemies of peace.

But, I'm not about to support indicting all of Islam. Yes, I do believe in a strong national defense—but no more than I believe we should continuously strive for a peaceful world. Inasmuch as Wahhabis do not believe in coexistence then they are enemies of peace.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2015, 07:55:25 pm »
Islam has ceased being a religion (if it ever was one) and has instead become a political/societal movement, a form of government.

There is no substantive difference between an Islamic Republic or State and a fascist state.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline olde north church

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2015, 08:05:45 pm »
Islam has ceased being a religion (if it ever was one) and has instead become a political/societal movement, a form of government.

There is no substantive difference between an Islamic Republic or State and a fascist state.

It ALWAYS has been that.  I have been saying that for 25+ years.  Previously on TOS.  Currently here and now.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2015, 08:09:10 pm »

I already said I didn't share that belief, and never even came close to saying that I did.

I have also already shared what I think might work, and agree with what others here have said.

(You have chosen to ignore what I have already said so that you might continue to continue your imaginary argument against me).

Discriminate yet fierce, bombing, guided by a strong military which is not cuckolded by the political left as it is now.  Allowing the military to make the calls in order to win a winnable war.  Getting the peaceniks and naïve pacifists out of the way so that we can defeat the enemy as we did in Germany and Japan (there were people like you who opposed defeating Hitler too, you know).

Now that I have answered your "question" (once again), can you try to debate what I actually say without relying on the dribble you've continued here?

Stop asking the same insipid question that's already been answered, and answer a few of your own....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2015, 08:13:52 pm »
Oh........... and I neglected to mention the most obvious point that the left refuses to do....

NAME the enemy.

And then DEFEAT Them.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2015, 08:14:05 pm »

Exactly.

But, it's interesting to look at Wahhabism as it is practiced today in two different countries, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

From Wiki:
"Unlike Saudi Arabia, Qatar made significant changes in the 1990s. Women are now allowed to drive and travel independently; non-Muslims are permitted to consume alcohol and pork. The country sponsors a film festival, has "world-class art museums", host the Al Jazeera and will hold the 2022 football World Cup, and has no religious force that polices public morality. Qatari's attribute its different interpretation of Islam to the absence of an indigenous clerical class and autonomous bureaucracy (religious affairs authority, endowments, Grand Mufti), the fact that Qatari rulers do not derive their legitimacy from such a class.[232][233]"

So will Qatar be targeted as a friend or foe of Western modernity?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2015, 08:57:56 pm »
Exactly.

But, it's interesting to look at Wahhabism as it is practiced today in two different countries, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

From Wiki:
"Unlike Saudi Arabia, Qatar made significant changes in the 1990s. Women are now allowed to drive and travel independently; non-Muslims are permitted to consume alcohol and pork. The country sponsors a film festival, has "world-class art museums", host the Al Jazeera and will hold the 2022 football World Cup, and has no religious force that polices public morality. Qatari's attribute its different interpretation of Islam to the absence of an indigenous clerical class and autonomous bureaucracy (religious affairs authority, endowments, Grand Mufti), the fact that Qatari rulers do not derive their legitimacy from such a class.[232][233]"

So will Qatar be targeted as a friend or foe of Western modernity?

Which is essentially where Iran was under the Shah before Jimmy Carter decided to give it back to the Mullahs and restarted the whole damned thing over again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2015, 09:22:23 pm »
musiclady wrote above:
[[ Now that I have answered your "question" (once again), can you try to debate what I actually say without relying on the dribble you've continued here? ]]

Yer wastin' yer time with him.

He's a shill for the left, and his role here is to be a disruptor, a prevaricator, or both.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2015, 09:51:22 pm »
musiclady wrote above:
[[ Now that I have answered your "question" (once again), can you try to debate what I actually say without relying on the dribble you've continued here? ]]

Yer wastin' yer time with him.

He's a shill for the left, and his role here is to be a disruptor, a prevaricator, or both.

Completely agree.  He's not seriously interested in anyone's opinion but his own (and whoever sent him here).

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:02:16 pm by musiclady »