Author Topic: Gen. Michael Flynn: Radical Islamic Enemy Has Doubled in 10 Years  (Read 9618 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Gen. Michael Flynn: Radical Islamic Enemy Has Doubled in 10 Years
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2015, 04:05:25 am »
What needs to be done?

I've said it several times already and I have no intention of repeating myself again.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2015, 04:07:09 am »
My husband trained for over 40 years on how to kill and blow things up..let the military do their job and they will give you a victory..instead the politicians in DC issue the orders and ROE...but they are afraid to unleash all this military power they helped create...

The military won the war in Vietnam! The suits in Washington gave it back!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2015, 04:19:24 am »
I've said it several times already and I have no intention of repeating myself again.

Dealing with Iran will end Islamic extremism?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2015, 04:53:11 am »
What needs to be done?

Exactly what was done to Germany and Japan in the Second World War...the complete destruction of their societies, and keep at it until only the rubble bounces.

It is either that or you see nukes going off in the U.S. After years of lower scale but still deadly conflict here.  They want to destroy us, we can either act on that certain knowledge when we know we can defeat them, or wait until the decision will be very much in doubt and our survival hangs in the balance.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Dexter

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2015, 04:59:31 am »
Exactly what was done to Germany and Japan in the Second World War...the complete destruction of their societies, and keep at it until only the rubble bounces.

It is either that or you see nukes going off in the U.S. After years of lower scale but still deadly conflict here.  They want to destroy us, we can either act on that certain knowledge when we know we can defeat them, or wait until the decision will be very much in doubt and our survival hangs in the balance.

We knew who the enemy was in WW2. Dead civilians were an unfortunate side effect of fighting a known enemy. We knew that if we could destroy the Nazis Germany would recover. It's not clear who the enemy is when it comes to extremist Muslims. Are you suggesting we just level cities until they decide they're done hating us? Do you think that will work, or is it more likely that Muslim hatred towards the U.S would grow if we did something like that? Should we just kill them all wherever they are until there are none left? I am trying to follow your logic to its conclusion and I just don't see how it fixes the problem unless we commit genocide all over the world.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:00:55 am by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2015, 05:16:28 am »
I would suggest we be very indiscriminate in our destruction...if extremists are causing their deaths, they too may desire to rise up and help us, so that we stop.

This isn't a police action, finding and killing only the bad guys. This a war of societal survival.  We destroy them or they destroy us. Or as used to be said: kill them all and God sort it out.

...Bob Dylan

Offline Dexter

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2015, 05:47:41 am »
We can't destroy extremist Islam unless we are going to kill everybody. The more homes and families that are destroyed the more angry and desperate people will become. It is that anger and desperation that leads them to extremism. Indiscriminate destruction would only make the problem worse unless we are going to obliterate all Muslims. Are you willing to go that far?
-Socrates

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2015, 05:49:08 am »
Yes, because the only outcome is them doing just that to us.

You may be interested in suicide for the moral high ground. I am not.

...Bob Dylan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2015, 06:00:47 am »
We can't destroy extremist Islam unless we are going to kill everybody. The more homes and families that are destroyed the more angry and desperate people will become. It is that anger and desperation that leads them to extremism. Indiscriminate destruction would only make the problem worse unless we are going to obliterate all Muslims. Are you willing to go that far?
What do you suggest? Have you heard of Tokyo, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Hamburg, Dresden and Berlin?

The Japs and Germans got over it. They started it and we finished it. They were wrong, and we were right. We forced them into UNCONDITIONAL surrender.

Why should we spare muslims, when we didn't spare Japs and Germans?

We need to give them incentives to clean up the mess that islam is. Or we do it.

If ISIL has taken over Mosul, we need to demonstrate a resolve to take it back, no matter the cost to THEM. It is the radical muslims that have put their co-religionists in harm's way. Not us.

The King of Jordan has the right idea. Wipe them out. We should be willing to do no less.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2015, 02:33:04 pm »
Dealing with Iran will end Islamic extremism?

No it won't but it will sure as hell put a big dent in it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2015, 02:36:51 pm »
The military won the war in Vietnam! The suits in Washington gave it back!

Exactly!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dexter

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2015, 03:18:09 pm »
Yes, because the only outcome is them doing just that to us.

You may be interested in suicide for the moral high ground. I am not.

I don't think we need to commit suicide to maintain the moral high ground. I guess the main difference in our positions is that I don't believe they are an existential threat because they haven't the means to destroy us or our way of life. I also don't think they could all of a sudden become an existential threat so quickly that we wouldn't be able to respond. Compared to us they are living in the stone age; the difference in technology and military capability is immeasurable. We haven't been attacked by the Middle East in 14 years, and even that attack was committed by extremists that represent a small minority. You actually think we should start wiping out Muslims by the millions in a preemptive attempt to stop them from possibly attacking us at some point in the future? The entire world would turn its back on us if we committed an atrocity like that. It also wouldn't fix the problem. If we starting committing genocide it would become even easier for them to recruit desperate extremists; they would be justified in everything they were saying. Without moral guidance we are no better than they are.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:21:09 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2015, 03:25:59 pm »
What do you suggest? Have you heard of Tokyo, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Hamburg, Dresden and Berlin?

The Japs and Germans got over it. They started it and we finished it. They were wrong, and we were right. We forced them into UNCONDITIONAL surrender.

Why should we spare muslims, when we didn't spare Japs and Germans?

We need to give them incentives to clean up the mess that islam is. Or we do it.

If ISIL has taken over Mosul, we need to demonstrate a resolve to take it back, no matter the cost to THEM. It is the radical muslims that have put their co-religionists in harm's way. Not us.

The King of Jordan has the right idea. Wipe them out. We should be willing to do no less.

I've already given my suggestion. This is not World War 2, and even in World War 2 we were not intentionally destroying civilians. Civilian casualties were the side effect of efforts to take out a government that actually did represent an existential threat. Islamic extremism is a mindset; it's not a country or a government that we can just defeat with military might. We would have to destroy Islam completely in order to truly remove Islamic extremism from the planet. The problems we face in the Middle East are very different from the problems we faced in World War 2.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2015, 03:27:48 pm »
No it won't but it will sure as hell put a big dent in it!

If your suggestion would not end the problem then it is not a solution and you have not answered my question.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2015, 03:34:26 pm »
We can't start leveling cities and killing millions of people to take out an unknown minority of people that wish harm on the United States. I want to reiterate one more time that doing this would only make extremism worse, and that the only way this plan works is to follow through completely and wipe out Islam entirely. If you support the complete destruction of all Muslims all over the planet then you are no better than they are.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2015, 03:36:16 pm »
If your suggestion would not end the problem then it is not a solution and you have not answered my question.

Your question has been answered by multiple people in multiple ways.

Your stubbornness in refusing to see the truth before your very eyes reveals the depth of the inculcation of pacifism and weakness that you have experienced in your past (and present).

You will learn only when you open your eyes to reality.   But only you can open your own eyes.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2015, 03:37:06 pm »
then you are no better than they are.

Yes I am.  I am still breathing.... :whistle:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2015, 03:37:11 pm »
We can't start leveling cities and killing millions of people to take out an unknown minority of people that wish harm on the United States. I want to reiterate one more time that doing this would only make extremism worse, and that the only way this plan works is to follow through completely and wipe out Islam entirely. If you support the complete destruction of all Muslims all over the planet then you are no better than they are.

And you continue with your straw dog, imaginary arguments to win a debate that you cannot with logic, nor reason, win.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2015, 03:40:41 pm »

#1 - America did not level every city in Japan, nor Germany

#2 -  Destroying cities in Germany and Japan did not make their extremism worse.  It defeated their extremism.

#3  - We did not reveal that we were 'no better' than the Japanese when we leveled two of their cities.  We won the war.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2015, 03:46:31 pm »
#1 - America did not level every city in Japan, nor Germany

#2 -  Destroying cities in Germany and Japan did not make their extremism worse.  It defeated their extremism.

#3  - We did not reveal that we were 'no better' than the Japanese when we leveled two of their cities.  We won the war.

The extremism in Germany and Japan existed predominately in their governments. Extremism in the Middle East is not going to end with the dismantling of a government; that is the main difference.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2015, 03:47:20 pm »
Yes I am.  I am still breathing.... :whistle:

I want to say I'm disappointed but you need to be surprised for that.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2015, 03:50:57 pm »
The extremism in Germany and Japan existed predominately in their governments. Extremism in the Middle East is not going to end with the dismantling of a government; that is the main difference.

We bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki to avoid having to invading the country of Japan.

You want to know why, Dex?

Because every woman and child in Japan was prepared to kill our soldiers, and by bombing them we saved millions of citizens and soldiers.

It was not just a matter of fighting the 'government.'  It was a matter of fighting the Japanese people.

Ergo, your theory is wrong.

But I have no doubt you will continue arguing it, because you are inculcated.........

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2015, 03:54:45 pm »
Dex wrote above (replying to Bigun):
[[ What needs to be done? ]]

We have to cut down a certain "tree".

(If you can't comprehend what that means, please see previous message above).

But I sense you will attempt to dissemble your reply, in any case.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2015, 03:57:51 pm »
Dex wrote above:
[[ We knew who the enemy was in WW2. ]]

Thoughtful people in The West "know who the enemy is" today.

I sense you know that as well, and that you're only trying to disrupt the argument here.

(That's what should be expected from a liberal/leftist, and from my experience on this forum I've seen little that dissuades me from believing you are anything but one.)

Offline Dexter

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2015, 04:09:17 pm »
We bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki to avoid having to invading the country of Japan.

You want to know why, Dex?

Because every woman and child in Japan was prepared to kill our soldiers, and by bombing them we saved millions of citizens and soldiers.

It was not just a matter of fighting the 'government.'  It was a matter of fighting the Japanese people.

Ergo, your theory is wrong.

But I have no doubt you will continue arguing it, because you are inculcated.........

Do you believe that if we kill enough Muslims with indiscriminate destruction in the Middle East they will eventually change their minds and extremism in Islam will go away?
-Socrates