Author Topic: Politico...A new, more moderate Rick Perry  (Read 429 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Politico...A new, more moderate Rick Perry
« on: February 07, 2015, 04:55:09 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/a-new-more-moderate-rick-perry-114959.html?ml=po_r

A new, more moderate Rick Perry

By Katie Glueck

2/5/15 9:15 PM EST

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry on Thursday positioned himself as a pragmatic, pro-compromise presidential candidate, dismissing 2016 rivals whom he said merely seek to be “critic-in-chief.”

Perry in recent weeks has sought to portray himself as a more moderate, thoughtful contender than he was during his 2012 campaign, when he entered the race as a firebrand conservative. In an appearance before the socially conservative group American Principles Project in Washington, Perry argued that Republicans should nominate someone with a message that goes beyond merely opposing the other side, an apparent swipe at fellow Texan Ted Cruz, a conservative hard-liner.

“We must articulate what we are for,” he said. “And in that respect, as we look to 2016, we must remember we are not electing a critic-in-chief, we are electing a commander-in-chief.”

Perry, the longest-serving governor in Texas history, left office last month. In a preview of campaign themes for his expected presidential bid, he touted his record in the Lone Star State on issues ranging from economics to immigration, and stressed that executives are uniquely prepared to handle such challenges. It’s a contrast that many of the governors in the crowded 2016 field are setting up with their counterparts in the Senate.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/a-new-more-moderate-rick-perry-114959.html#ixzz3R4e5GRbM
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Politico...A new, more moderate Rick Perry
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 05:33:53 pm »
I would happily vote for Gov. Perry, he is one of the most qualified of all of the potential candidates out there.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 07:35:06 pm »
I would happily vote for Gov. Perry, he is one of the most qualified of all of the potential candidates out there.

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 03:14:47 am »

:thumbsup: