Author Topic: It’s Happening – Federal Government Taking Over The Internet...D.W. Ulsterman  (Read 939 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://ulstermanbooks.com/happening-federal-government-taking-internet/

Rumored since Barack Obama gained the presidency, and now coming to its ultimate, Big Government conclusion. The days of the once free market Internet are all but over. By the end of this month, at the strong urging of the Obama White House, the FCC will vote to classify the Internet as a “public utility”, thus giving the federal government absolute authority over its use.

The Obama administration’s reasoning are the common phrases of “safety”, and “equality”, and “free”. The use of such words should give everyone serious pause because history has proven that this White House says one thing publicly while it so often means the exact opposite privately.

What the FCC regulations will mean first and foremost, is CONTROL of the Internet by the federal government under the guise of “net neutrality”.

Members of Congress are complaining that the ruling is yet another example of the administration bypassing the legislative branch. Something as important to the day to day lives of almost all Americans should be dealt with via the political body most representative of that population. The Obama White House disagrees, opting to have the will of the president make the final determination. The House and Senate have both suggested simple laws could be passed as a bi-partisan effort to protect Internet consumer rights without handing the entire industry over to federal government authorities.

What say you, reader?

Posted byulsterman
February 5, 2015
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Not only this government, but governments around the world simply cannot allow their subjects to have unrestricted, unlimited communication.

That is a threat to all governments and it was only a matter of time before government reacts to protect itself.

It has always and will always be so...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

Not only this government, but governments around the world simply cannot allow their subjects to have unrestricted, unlimited communication.

That is a threat to all governments and it was only a matter of time before government reacts to protect itself.

It has always and will always be so...
i mentioned it here before 2 years from now these forums will be not allowed. Or taxed to death.

Offline GourmetDan

i mentioned it here before 2 years from now these forums will be not allowed. Or taxed to death.

I think they'll just pick up your IP address and install spyware on any machine you use to access the place.

Then bad things will begin to happen to your finances...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline andy58-in-nh

I think they'll just pick up your IP address and install spyware on any machine you use to access the place.

Then bad things will begin to happen to your finances...

That's when bad things will start happening to government buildings....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Not sure how this will affect sites like this but I am sure it will somehow..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Not sure how this will affect sites like this but I am sure it will somehow..
I don't know either but you know Drudge will be hit first. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
andy wrote above:
[[ That's when bad things will start happening to government buildings....]]

(cough).... you been readin' somebody's "diaries"...... ?