Author Topic: Sharia France: Artwork violating Islamic blasphemy law removed from Paris exhibition after Muslim threats  (Read 370 times)

rangerrebew

Sharia France: Artwork violating Islamic blasphemy law removed from Paris exhibition after Muslim threats

January 28, 2015 1:53 pm By Robert Spencer 27 Comments

Zoulikha BouabdellahThe more the West kowtows to jihadist intimidation and thuggery, the more jihadist intimidation and thuggery it will get. The Charlie Hebdo jihad massacre is proving to have been a great victory for the jihadists: now they are getting non-Muslims in France and elsewhere to curtail their behavior to conform to Sharia blasphemy laws.

“‘Blasphemous’ artwork removed from Paris exhibition,” by David Chazan, the Telegraph, January 28, 2015 (thanks to Banafsheh):

An artwork depicting high-heeled shoes on Islamic prayer mats has been removed from an exhibition after a Muslim group warned of possible violence in the wake of the Paris attacks.

The French-Algerian artist, Zoulikha Bouabdellah, withdrew the work from an exhibition in a northern Paris suburb with a large Muslim population after an Islamic group told local authorities it could provoke “uncontrollable, irresponsible incidents”.

It is considered disrespectful to step on Muslim prayer maps with shoes.

Ms Bouabdellah has replaced the artwork, “Silence”, previously exhibited in Paris, New York, Berlin and Madrid, with a video installation showing belly-dancing to the French national anthem, with swirling red, white and blue shawls symbolising the national flag….

Ms Bouabdellah, 37, said on Wednesday that the “lack of understanding” of her work was probably related to “heightened emotions” after the attacks.

“I’m left wondering at the reasons that push a certain fringe among French Muslims to see this work as blasphemous,” she said. “I’m from a Muslim background and my intention was not to shock or provoke, but to offer a vision as a starting point for a dialogue.”…

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/01/sharia-france-artwork-violating-islamic-blasphemy-law-removed-from-paris-exhibition-after-muslim-threats
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:21:21 pm by rangerrebew »