Author Topic: The White House Admit Its Cuba Agenda Is A Pipe Dream  (Read 493 times)

rangerrebew

The White House Admit Its Cuba Agenda Is A Pipe Dream
« on: January 26, 2015, 12:48:23 pm »

Watch The White House Admit Its Cuba Agenda Is A Pipe Dream

1.23.2015 | Jerome Hudson | 0 

A top State Department official, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Roberta Jacobson, travelled to Cuba this week to begin Obama’s plan to normalize diplomatic relations between the U.S. and the Communist regime.

Obama’s unilateral decision to ease the half-century embargo on Cuba has been bashed by a number of prominent Cubans in America. “I don’t think, especially on issues of deep principle, such as human rights, dignity, and democracy that we should take our cues from a poll,” said Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), whose parents fled Fidel Castro’s deadly regime.

And today, the Obama White House ate crow when they admitted that their plan to liberalize Cuba is a near-impossible feat.

“There is no doubt that human rights remains the center of our policy, and it is crucial that we will continue to both speak out about human rights publicly and directly now with the Cuban government,” Jacobson said. She went on to admit that the U.S. and Cuba had “deep disagreements” on a number of issues.

“We need to make decisions that are in our interests and take decisions that are going to empower the Cuban people,” she said. “The verdict on whether that succeeds is still to be made.”

You think?

No matter what the Obama administration does, the Castro regime will continue to openly oppress the citizenry of Cuba. The Castors will always have little regard for even the most basic of human rights of the Cuban people.

Obama’s “entire policy shift,” Rubio says, “is based on an illusion, on a lie, the lie and the illusion that more commerce and access to money and goods will translate to political freedom for the Cuban people. All this is going to do is give the Castro regime, which controls every aspect of Cuban life, the opportunity to manipulate these changes to perpetuate itself in power.”

Read more at http://dailysurge.com/2015/01/watch-white-house-admit-cuba-agenda-pipe-dream/

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: The White House Admit Its Cuba Agenda Is A Pipe Dream
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 01:02:31 pm »
“We need to make decisions that are in our interests and take decisions that are going to empower the Cuban people,” she said. “The verdict on whether that succeeds is still to be made.”

I just had this conversation with a friend this weekend. He believes that the end of the "embargo" will eventually bring about deep and meaningful changes in Cuba.

Rubio is right on this one. It's a pipe dream. Worse, it could be a deliberate move by the administration to lend financial support to the regime i the light of the financial woes of its two primary supporters: Venezuela and Russia.

One commie wanting to help other commies when their commie support network fell apart.

And the US taxpayer guarantees the bill.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx