Author Topic: Narendra Modi Outshines Michelle Obama With Airport Outfit  (Read 4253 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Narendra Modi Outshines Michelle Obama With Airport Outfit
« on: January 25, 2015, 05:02:03 pm »
http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2015/01/25/narendra-modi-outshines-michelle-obama-with-surprise-airport-welcome-outfit/?mod=newsreel

12:48 pm IST
Jan 25, 2015
Fashion
Narendra Modi Outshines Michelle Obama With Airport Outfit
By
Suryatapa Bhattacharya

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, center, U.S. President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama wave at the Palam Air Force Station in New Delhi, India, Jan. 25, 2015.

continued at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Narendra Modi Outshines Michelle Obama With Airport Outfit
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 05:50:57 pm »
That Indian guy dresses sort of like a highlander. Michelle is displaying another of several recent examples, where the designer has a nice dress, and then decides to screw it up by splotching crap all over the front of it.

This splotch style must be some kind of current hoiti-toiti 'high-fashion'. That is my guess anyway. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:51:26 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 07:07:35 pm »
Abandoned as a child bride, wife of India’s prime minister hopes he calls
By Annie Gowen January 25 at 11:37 AM 

NEW DELHI — She’s waiting for him, as she has been all her life. But when Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi dined with Barack and Michelle Obama at a glittering banquet Sunday night, his wife wasn’t by his side.

Modi, 64, kept his teenage marriage a secret for decades during his political ascent and only last year admitted that his wife exists.

The wife, Jashodaben Chimanlal Modi, is a retired teacher who lives in a small town in Modi’s home state of Gujarat. Though she had not heard from her husband in years, she says she still hopes to join him one day in the capital as India’s first lady.

“If he calls me, I will go,” she said in an interview. “I hear all his speeches on TV. I feel very good when I hear him speak. I want him to fulfill all his promises to the people. That’s my prayer to God.”

Narendra Modi, the son of a man who sold tea in a railway station, comes from a lower caste called Ghanchi. He and his wife were promised to each other as children in keeping with the traditions of their community. They were married in a small ceremony when she was 17 and he was 18.

“He was very young,” said Nilanjan Mukhopadhyay, the author of the book “Narendra Modi: The Man, the Times.” “The exact nature of the ceremony we don’t know. Nobody who has spoken about it is willing to talk. There would have been a ritual that joined them together as man and wife, but they would not have lived together. The family said that the two of them never cohabitated.”

Child marriage was and remains common in India, although it is technically illegal. More than a third of the women who married as child brides live in India, an estimated 240 million, according to the U.N. Children’s Fund.

Narendra Modi left shortly thereafter to wander in the Himalayas with little more than a change of clothing in his rucksack, Mukhopadhyay said. A devout Hindu, Modi was contemplating religious life. Instead, he returned to Gujarat and became a volunteer, or “pracharak,” in the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, or R.S.S., a Hindu nationalist group. The young workers, pracharaks, are discouraged from marrying or maintaining close family ties.

“He joined R.S.S. without divulging he had been married,” Mukhopadhyay said. “Without it he could not have become a pracharak. They had to be unmarried. Questions would have been asked.”

Modi never returned to his wife but never divorced her, even as he became the high-profile chief minister of Gujarat and last year, India’s premier. ...

Rest of story at WashPost
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 07:21:48 pm »
That Indian guy dresses sort of like a highlander. Michelle is displaying another of several recent examples, where the designer has a nice dress, and then decides to screw it up by splotching crap all over the front of it.

This splotch style must be some kind of current hoiti-toiti 'high-fashion'. That is my guess anyway.

... and crap inside too.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 08:29:49 pm »
This is the thing that I see with Michelle and her fashion sense - and I'm just going to put it out there.  I sense that lately she is trying to tone down the "silly" age-inappropriate outfits she has worn in the past, maybe all of the criticism of her looks has gotten through to her somehow.  When I've seen her images lately (and I haven't seen much of her lately), she seems to be striving for a more polished First Lady look.

But, here is what I see - she is naturally drawn to big splashy prints - I mean BIG!  She like bold colors too.  This is all well and good - but she is trying to do it in a Jackie Kennedy kind of way - trying to do it like a classy rich Democrat First Lady did it.  This does not work for her!  Jackie O! would never have worn such prints because they would not flatter her delicate figure and would not fit in her social class.

Michelle would look much better if she would just be her natural self.  She is a woman of color, of statuesque proportions - women that look like her can pull off dramatic native looks that most white women simply cannot.  She should revel in her strong African looks - wear the striking jewelry and exotic outfits that only she could pull off.  She should stop trying to have Jackie O! hair and go with her beautiful black hair - in a gorgeous afro that is natural, yet glamorous at the same time.  Ethnic stuff.  She should be proud of her unique look - and stop trying to look like something from "Camelot", she will never pull that off - and she shouldn't.  She could be very dramatic and beautiful in her own way if she would stop trying to be something she is not.

Just my two cents worth. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 08:36:57 pm »
What is that on the front of her shower curtain, er...dress?

It looks like The Predator fell into a pool of Downey fabric softner.

no wait....two poodles fighting over a banana?    :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:38:19 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 08:41:45 pm »

If Michelle Obama fixed herself up like this....and she could afford it....she would be much more formidable.

.....cause THAT is HOT!!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 08:45:07 pm »

I'm going with the poodles!   :silly:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 08:48:20 pm »

If Michelle Obama fixed herself up like this....and she could afford it....she would be much more formidable.

.....cause THAT is HOT!!   :laugh:

Exactly DC!  She could be a striking and attractive woman if she would just be proud of her ethnic heritage and not try to look like something she is not.

Oh, and if she would just keep her mouth shut too.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 11:33:03 pm »
I'm telling you guys, that would be a nice dress, without the big ass flower on the front (which makes no sense to me).

She could even keep the flower design on the jacket as an accent, that would be fine. As least she could take that off as needed.

If she wants a flower, then wear a corsage. Wear a big corsage. Nothing wrong with that. But what we are seeing here is the definition of 'overstated'. The print is so dramatic, it overpowers the woman wearing it. No one notices her. All they are thinking is, 'damn, that was one big ass flower'. Who was that again?

It does remind you of a shower curtain. I have to agree with that.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 11:33:57 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 01:04:48 am »

To complete the ensemble, she could carry a rolled up bathmat and strike Barry with it when she feels like it.  :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 02:58:07 am »
Mr. Modi has rather a nice outfit on; too bad they have him standing next to such a smelly pile of garbage.  And next to Michelle Obama, too.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 03:25:38 am »
Michelle would look much better if she would just be her natural self.

Maybe she is being her natural self...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 04:10:21 am »
Come on, man.

You know what she needs.........    :smokin:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 04:24:01 am »
I'm telling you guys, that would be a nice dress, without the big ass flower on the front (which makes no sense to me).

She could even keep the flower design on the jacket as an accent, that would be fine. As least she could take that off as needed.

If she wants a flower, then wear a corsage. Wear a big corsage. Nothing wrong with that. But what we are seeing here is the definition of 'overstated'. The print is so dramatic, it overpowers the woman wearing it. No one notices her. All they are thinking is, 'damn, that was one big ass flower'. Who was that again?

It does remind you of a shower curtain. I have to agree with that.

Or just without the big ass, period.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 12:43:57 pm »
Or just without the big ass, period.
But enough about Barry ...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 02:41:16 pm »
What she wore to the banquet.   :thud:  I think she borrowed Scarlett O'Hara's idea about the drapes.  By the way, Nancy Pelosi jetted to India to attend, as well.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 02:42:54 pm »
As the "Star-Spangled Banner" played ...

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 03:15:17 pm »
That is beautiful fabric - for my couch!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 03:25:38 pm »

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, center, U.S. President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama wave at the Palam Air Force Station in New Delhi, India, Jan. 25, 2015.

No, no Bambi.

Your hand is supposed to be in front of Modi's face...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 06:53:17 pm »
What she wore to the banquet.   :thud:  I think she borrowed Scarlett O'Hara's idea about the drapes.  By the way, Nancy Pelosi jetted to India to attend, as well.

From what I hear she choose thid dress because it hides stains well and does not require dry cleaning. Y can wash it in the washer with Tide. Also, it was on sale. How could she say pass?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 07:01:31 pm »
From what I hear she choose thid dress because it hides stains well and does not require dry cleaning. Y can wash it in the washer with Tide. Also, it was on sale. How could she say pass?
I'd guess she chose that dress because it has enough room in the back for her ample rear (or a family of immigrants, take your pick).

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 07:21:30 pm »

That's Nancy there under Michelle's 'petticoats'.

Her "petticoats" are rare because whenever she walks, 'they' move in three different directions!    :whistle: