Author Topic: Finally, An Honest Democrat: Retiring House Democrat Speaks Truth About ObamaCare; Unraveling Because Young People Won’t Join  (Read 596 times)

rangerrebew

Finally, An Honest Democrat: Retiring House Democrat Speaks Truth About ObamaCare; Unraveling Because Young People Won’t Join

By Joseph R. Carducci, January 27, 2014.

So much ink has been spilled over ObamaCare already. However, most of this has been taking the form of a conservative versus liberal debate. That was to be expected, of course, especially considering the fact that not a single Republican lawmaker voted in favor of ObamaCare. This has clearly been a very partisan issue right from the beginning.

Having said all that, you might think it would be damned near impossible to find an honest Democrat. Heck, I think that under normal circumstances, you can imagine how much more so in regards to ObamaCare! Nevertheless, Representative Jim Moran, Democratic House member from Virginia, is retiring this year as his term ends. This has perhaps given him a bit of a different perspective on things.

Jim Moran has come out and stated that ObamaCare, as it stands right now, is essentially unsustainable. He told American University Radio last week that that the major problem is that young people are not signing up for the program and that this dearth of enrollments is threatening to unravel the whole thing. He even went so far as to say that young people are correct in choosing to avoid signing up for this program. Listen to this:

“I’m afraid that the millenials, if you will, are less likely to sign up. I think they feel more independent, I think they feel a little more invulnerable than prior generations. But I don’t think we’re going to get enough young people signing up to make this bill work as it was intended to financially. And frankly, there’s some legitimacy to their concern because the government spends about $7 for the elderly for every $1 it spends on the young.”

There you have it. Finally, some honesty from a Democrat. I guess they just have to wait until nearing retirement in order to tell the truth. This law has been a bad deal for young people right from the start. The sad thing is that it was largely young voters who put Obama into the White House both times, believing his empty promises of keeping your healthcare plan, doctors, and whatever other nonsense he lied about.

Now, young people are being put in an awful position. They are almost forced into buying expensive comprehensive insurance that costs far more than they would likely pay on healthcare and health-related expenses, services, and products. Then, they will have a huge deductible that essentially guarantees they will never see any benefit at all from their policy. The money they pay will benefit older Americans, subsidizing their premiums. Truly, this is a Democratic dream: a huge transfer of income from one group to another.

Yet, many of the Democrats are still complaining that Republicans will not help to fix the law. It is interesting that they even have the gall to now say that a totally partisan law should now demand the cooperation and help of the Republicans, just so that it is ‘fixed,’ which Obama will no doubt take all the credit for. Also never mind the fact that there is no Democrat bill aimed at putting through any kind of ObamaCare fixes. The GOP House members did offer a number of stop-gap solutions in the early days of ObamaCare, all of which were blocked by the Democrats. So, talk about fixing this is really meaningless right now.

What do YOU think? Amazing to see an honest Democrat? What do you think about Rep. Moran’s comments? Is ObamaCare going to implode on itself? Can it be ‘fixed’ or not?

http://downtrend.com/jrc410/finally-an-honest-democrat-retiring-house-democrat-speaks-truth-about-obamacare-unraveling-because-young-people-wont-join
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:04:00 pm by rangerrebew »

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Truly, this is a Democratic dream: a huge transfer of income from one group to another.

It is a Democrat dream because it transfers wealth from the poor and middle class to the rich.  This retards upward mobility and encourages government dependency, which provides full employment for the political class and their public employee patrons.

Unfortunately, it is not sustainable, but as Keynes famously said "over the long term we are all dead."