Author Topic: “Even Though I Supported a Jihad, it was Never to Hurt Anyone  (Read 737 times)

rangerrebew

“Even Though I Supported a Jihad, it was Never to Hurt Anyone
« on: January 25, 2015, 11:50:03 am »
- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

“Even Though I Supported a Jihad, it was Never to Hurt Anyone.”

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On January 24, 2015 @ 8:35 pm In The Point | 6 Comments

Must have been some of that non-violent Jihad.

Shannon Conley converted to Islam, renamed herself Halima and then decided to go all the way. The ISIS way.

Conley told the judge she never intended to hurt anyone.

“Even though I supported a jihad, it was never to hurt anyone,” she said in a written statement interrupted by sobs. “It was always in the defense of Muslims.”

Defense of Muslims obviously included Al Qaeda.

Conley had pleaded guilty to a charge of conspiracy to provide material support to al-Qaeda. She was arrested last spring at Denver International Airport as she was about to embark on a potentially deadly quest to Syria.

But wait… she just misunderstood Islam.

Shannon Conley told the judge she was misled while pursuing Islam and learned only after her arrest about atrocities committed by the extremists she was taught to respect.

“I am glad I have learned of their true identity here and not on the front lines,” said Conley, whose black and tan headscarf clashed against her striped jail uniform. “I disavow these radical views I’ve come to know and I now believe in the true Islam in which peace is encouraged.”

Poor Shannon. She only learned that Al Qaeda committed atrocities after prison. How was she supposed to know?

Conley was arrested April 8 at Denver International Airport after telling FBI agents she was traveling to Syria to use her American military training to aid Islamic militants waging jihad or holy war, according to federal court records. She said “legitimate targets of attack” included U.S. military bases, government employees and public officials, the documents say.

As part of the conspiracy, Conley joined the U.S. Army Explorers (USAE) to be trained in U.S. military tactics and in firearms.  She traveled to Texas and attended the USAE training.  She also obtained first aid/nursing certification and National Rifle Association certification.

During a subsequent search of her home, federal agents found DVDs of lectures by Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born Islamic terrorist, and videos by other jihadists, according to a press release by Jeffrey Dorschner, spokesman for U.S. Attorney John Walsh.

Authorities began investigating Conley on Nov. 5, 2013, after they received a call from the pastor at Faith Bible Chapel in Arvada who saw Conley taking notes and drawing a sketch at the church.

No idea whatsoever. Believe the Taquiya.

U.S. Attorney John Walsh wrote in a statement that Conley was lucky she was arrested.

“Had she succeeded in her plan to get to Syria, she would likely have been brutalized, killed or sent back to the United States to commit other crimes,” Walsh said. “Today’s sentence underscores the seriousness of the defendant’s conduct but pales in comparison to the penalty she would have paid had she not been stopped.”

True, but now instead she’ll likely remain on course, wearing a Hijab, calling herself Halima and continuing in her previous path once out of prison.

But U.S. District Judge Raymond P. Moore said he doubted Conley’s views had changed, and she needs psychological help. He also sentenced her to three years of supervised release and 100 hours of community service and barred her from possessing black powder used in explosives, saying, “I’m not going to take a chance with you.”

“I don’t know what has been crystallized in your mind,” Moore told her, adding that he hoped the sentence would discourage others with similar intentions. “I’m still not sure you get it.”

She’s wearing a Hijab, so obviously she doesn’t.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/dgreenfield/even-though-i-supported-a-jihad-it-was-never-to-hurt-anyone/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: “Even Though I Supported a Jihad, it was Never to Hurt Anyone
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 12:20:54 pm »
But U.S. District Judge Raymond P. Moore said he doubted Conley’s views had changed, and she needs psychological help. He also sentenced her to three years of supervised release and 100 hours of community service and barred her from possessing black powder used in explosives, saying, “I’m not going to take a chance with you.”

“I don’t know what has been crystallized in your mind,” Moore told her, adding that he hoped the sentence would discourage others with similar intentions. “I’m still not sure you get it.”

She’s wearing a Hijab, so obviously she doesn’t.

Now there is a guy who 'gets it'. It is my opinion that all Muslims should be banned from purchasing explosives. Maybe they can make their own, but there is no reason to make it easier for them to kill us.

And don't give me that "most of them are good people" crap. They may be "good Muslims" today, and kill you tomorrow. As the judge says, dealing with Muslims is always 'taking a chance'. You never know when they are going to 'flip-out' and starting killing people, as we have seen first hand recently.

And notice how many terrorist attacks worldwide are committed by 'converts  to Islam'. Those converts are the most dangerous of all because they want to 'prove themselves'. The real Muslims, who are not stupid enough to kill themselves, take advantage of the converts by talking them into the attacks so they can 'make their bones' and become a true Muslim.

If the world does not get serious about the danger of Islam (all of it), then we will all pay the price for their willful blindness.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:21:40 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.