Author Topic: The Queen can go and live in a council house, Green leader claims  (Read 521 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Didn't know "The Queen and I" was required reading for the Green Party.

The Queen could move into a council house if the monarchy was abolished, the leader of the Green Party has claimed.

Natalie Bennett said her party would move the Royals out of Buckingham Palace if they were in power.

"But I'm sure we can find a council house for her," she added in an interview with the Times.

Ms Bennett suggested the Greens would have a top rate of tax higher than 50p, with a wealth tax on multi-millionaires as part of a plan to "restructure society with the rich paying their way and multinationals paying taxes".

Her comments came after the Greens' membership overtook the Liberal Democrats' and Ukip's and broadcasters invited her to take part in live TV debates ahead of May's general election.

Ms Bennett told The Times her party was attracting disaffected Labour supporters and "anti-Ukip voters".

Read more drivel: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/the-queen-could-live-in-a-council-house-if-monarchy-is-scrapped-green-leader-claims-10000300.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

Re: The Queen can go and live in a council house, Green leader claims
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 03:05:37 pm »
You first, Nat.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org