Author Topic: Fans Chanting ‘USA, USA’ Accused Of Racism  (Read 406 times)

rangerrebew

Fans Chanting ‘USA, USA’ Accused Of Racism
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:31:57 am »
Fans Chanting ‘USA, USA’ Accused Of Racism

By Brian Anderson, January 22, 2015.

With six years of Obama disrespecting our heritage, playing identity politics, and destroying our sovereignty, this was inevitable: patriotism now equals racism. Fans at a high school girls basketball game in Texas have been accused of racism becuase they were chanting “USA, USA, USA!”

See, it’s all in the context. Apparently, Idalou High School, whose fans were chanting, is predominantly white, while the team they were playing, Slaton High School, is predominantly Hispanic. I guess the Slaton ballers must all be illegal aliens or something, because I still can’t see why this is an issue.

Slaton Superintendent Julee Becker took issue with the chant however, explaining to My San Antonio why this was such a horrible incident:

“I believe that we are a microcosm in schools of greater society. That’s what we are. The symptoms of racism, they run deep, said Becker.

And because we live in silly times, Idalou Superintendent Jim Waller cowered in fear and issued an apology for the patriotism of his students:

“I apologize to Slaton ISD and the chanting will not be allowed to continue at games because of the perception that it creates. We understand competitiveness and school excitement and support, but we need to be supportive in our words to our team and not use words that may be interpreted as insensitive to an opposing team,” wimpered Waller.

I have a better idea: how about immigrants assimilate to American culture and make an effort not to offend us, instead of the other way around? I know it’s a radical concept, but that the way it should be.

While no complaint has yet to be filed in this incident, Superintendent Waller has called an emergency meeting. In a previous episode of “USA” chanting at a Texas high school basketball game, not only was a complaint filed, but the students were disciplined. Oh, and check this out: some of the students joining in the chant were Hispanic.

In Border States with heavy Latino populations, it’s not uncommon to see fans at youth sporting events with Mexican flags. They are also likely to lead chants and cheers in Spanish. Why is that okay, but it’s “racist” to lead a patriotic “USA” cheer? Despite the democrats’ best efforts, this is still the United States of America.

Calling this incident racist presumes (and probably rightly so) that Latinos, even when they are here legally or actual citizens, have no allegiance to the country that has given them everything. I agree that there is a problem, but not with the students that love America.

FYI, the article makes no mention of which team won this controversial basketball game. I am going to assume it was the patriotic Idalou HS that brought home the victory, because people generally only bitch about stupid stuff when they lose. This racism sounds like the sour grapes of a Slaton team that got their asses kicked.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/fans-chanting-usa-usa-accused-of-racism/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:32:34 am by rangerrebew »